Kapuhai Reef

Se7en Lounge

Ally - 6-4-2011 at 04:56 PM

The perfect number for the perfect late night experience.

Devyn - 15-11-2019 at 11:45 AM

She and Minna were fashionably late, as expected. Devyn wasn't sure she'd been in Se7en since she turned 18, but she had fond memories from high school in this place. Not much had changed save for the mix of red and purple in the lights tonight. New development: Tre' was a Kappa. He'd told her so after inviting her to this party "his organization" and the Ques were hosting. She might have pretended she had plans and skipped it since he was inviting her the morning of, but Tre' had more than earned her time last night after the gym and this morning before they had to tear away from one another so she didn't skip all her classes that day. Come with me to Pretty Nasty tonight...

She'd told him maybe, but here she was, Minna her muse at her side taking in the scene. "What do you think Minna? Worth staying?" Devyn wrinkled her nose playfully as they moved further into the club. Devyn was headed for the bar, obviously. She knew her friend had other plans that involved finding the guy who'd had her acting crazy for the last two weeks. She was teasing Minna about leaving because she knew how hype she was about finally meeting Devyn's "kidnapper".

Minna had all but reported her ass missing after she didn't come home last night. She was pissed until she found out "4th Date Tre'" was the culprit. "Take a shot with me, boo-," she pointed to the bar, looping her arm with her friend's and heading that way.

Minna - 15-11-2019 at 01:30 PM

"Thiiiiis swanky ass, motherfuckin' club!" Minna said under her breath, her mouth unintentionally hanging open as she took it all in. Plush bed couches, bottle service, hookahs? This wasn't a fucking college party! They were at a whole album release or some shit! She could admit it, this was a lot more classy than she was use to seeing from frats around campus. The Kappas and the Ques did that shit. Thrice over. The music was right, people were dressed impeccably (except for a few gutterbutts), and the men? Dear goddess, the men. If she wasn't happy that Devyn'd styled her in the red number earlier, she sure the hell was now! Because the looks they were getting as they walked towards the bar? She'd be pregnant by 1am.

"Oh, girl...we're staying." She said quickly, her eyes following the brown masterpiece that'd just walked past them, his locs piled on the top of his head.

"Besides, I meant what I said. It's bout time for me to meet...you know who. And I know he's here." You know who, also known as "4th Date Tre'" had been the topic of discussion since he'd absolutely broken Devyn's back on his kitchen floor during their 4th date. And it was all because Devyn had FINALLY listened to her. If she was going to get over her ex, she'd need to open herself to other...options. Other options had been Minna's vibe the second she'd gotten on campus and saw how they were doing things in KR. But for real, Devyn was STRUNG OUT over her ex-boyfriend, some high school guy who apparently still had her heart. And the only cure for a broken heart was a satisfied puss. Obviously.

"You ain't gotta ask me twice..." With a lip pop and a laugh, they continued towards the bar. Tequila shots were their mission...

"Yo, Devyn..." Who the hell? She and Devyn gave the same look over their shoulder, the "it better be someone important because you're interrupting our shots" kind. Until she saw Devyn's lips curve into a smile. A huge one.

Okay...who the hell was this?

Devyn - 15-11-2019 at 03:00 PM

Swanky ass club was... a way to describe the place, she guessed. Se7en was cool, but it was on King. Most of the spots here were "swanky" if that's the way Minna wanted to label it. Devyn wasn't so interested in the club. She was more interested in the people. One in particular. Minna on the other hand...Devyn laughed as her roommate's eyes danced from one plush lounge to another, from one cute guy to another. One in particular caught her attention as she confirmed that they were staying and Devyn watched the two exchange looks, homeboy's lingering as they passed him. And of course he stared. Her girl's look was on 10 tonight and as soon as Devyn got a few shots in her, their vibe was going to be on 12.

Besides I meant what I said. Devyn rolled her eyes as she talked again about meeting Tre'. "Okay Minna, I get it. I promise to introduce you to Tre'. But until thennnn, tequila, baby!" They both laughed as they continued to the bar. Devyn let her eyes scan the place as they walked, trying to find his face in the crowd. Devyn couldn't lie. She was pressed. If she was being honest, she was hoping to end the night making sure Minna got home safe while she...didn't get to her home at all. She was trying to - Who was calling her name?

She and Minna turned simultaneously and...Twice in a week. Devyn couldn't hold the smile that spread across her face as she let Minna's arm go. "Kid, hey-," her usual greeting on her lips, surprise clear in her tone. "I'm seeing a lot of you lately." And she liked it. She paused taking him in and feeling that smile fade to a smirk. He looked good. Of course, Koi had always cleaned up well.

"This is my muse, Minna. And Minna, baby, this is Koi."

Koi - 16-11-2019 at 08:18 AM

Yo, good looking out, Kidd… With a head nod, Koi acknowledged what felt like the twentieth Kappa that night. He didn’t mind the attention from the chapter’s members as in the long run, it’d hopefully get him what he was after. But, everything just felt...off. Which was weird because he was completely in his element. He was chilling on a plush couch at Se7en Lounge at a Kappa/Que party that he’d basically help put on with his King Street connections. Sure, he was wearing enough black that he felt like he should’ve been listening to Billie Eilish instead of the Lil Pump that was playing in the background. But everything was...normal. Totally and completely normal as King Street was where he’d basically grown up. But as he leaned back on the couch, checking the time on his watch, he couldn’t shake feeling...wrong.

“I’m about to hit the bar...you want anything?” He spoke loudly, Enzo leaning closer to hear him over the music in the background. He shook his head quickly, his attention back on the conversation with the three Kappas (who were also Enzo’s teammates) sitting in their section. That night was about more than just “going out” for Enzo, who was taking the process a bit more seriously than Koi was. Not to say that Koi didn’t give a shit about pledging. He was showing interest, wasn’t he? But the process didn’t hit Koi the way it had with Enzo, who came from more than three generations of Kappa Alpha Psi members. Enzo knew how important it was to stay focused and aware that night because while the frats were partying and having an amazing time (thanks to Koi), interests like Enzo and Koi were socializing, getting to know frat, and watching their shit closer than Koi’d remembered ever watching his actions. He couldn’t even wear that fly ass red jacket that he’d bought with Devyn last…

...and there it was.

Why everything seemed off...it was her. The last time he’d been to Se7en, they’d been celebrating Miyu’s successful Juilliard audition. That was the last time that everyone had been together. Dhonny, Miyu, Devyn...him. The night had been crazy, the club manager, Keith, had brought them free bottles of Moet all night. It’d been the last night before things went left. Before the fight with his father. Before he tried to end it…

Nope. He wasn’t doing that. He wasn’t going there. Not tonight. Not when there was so much on the line for him that night. He was going to go to the bar, get a soda water (on the rocks, of course) and he was going to…

His thoughts stopped as he felt his lips curl into a smile that he KNEW reached his ears. It was like he’d thought her up. Sure, those thoughts hadn’t been the best mental segway on a night when he needed to be on, but...she was there. Devyn. She looked like...a fresh billion, period. And she’d seen him too, her smile matching his as they advanced on each other. Koi took a moment to look her over, her VERY fitted outfit almost making his mouth water on the spot. Why...why did she have to look so damn good?

“Hips…” He said, looking down at her as she introduced him to her friend, Minna, who showed up in a dress that complimented EVERY curve. Well, damn! So, they just walked in the club looking good as fuck? Okay...

“Nice to meet you, Minna.” He said, shaking her hand. But, he didn’t let go...

“I know you don’t know me but let me just…” He lifted Minna’s arm, spinning her around slowly so he could get a better look at ALL of it...and he did mean ALL.

“You both look good. You look BLESSED.” They laughed as he let Minna’s hand go and she fell back in beside Devyn. His gaze fell on Devyn and he couldn’t hide the appreciation he felt for what she was wearing. He bit his lip as his eyes finally moved to her face. He just...he just really wanted to touch her. Which he KNEW wasn’t a thing anymore. They weren’t together. None of what she was wearing was for him. None of it. Not anymore. But...but he just...missed her. So, he said the stupidest thing that he could’ve…

“Why’re you standing all the way over there…come here.” He reached for her, his hand going around her waist as he side-hugged her...in the most platonic way he could. It wasn’t his fault his hand held her a little tighter than he should’ve.

Devyn - 16-11-2019 at 02:47 PM

Devyn was so glad Minna had agreed to come with her tonight. Of course, she simply loved her company and would take any chance to turn up with her girl, but with Koi on the scene now she had a job for Minna. She could not let Devyn go home with him. Because the way he looked and the way he was looking at her...she was already trying to convince herself that one kiss wouldn't change things between she and HER EX. That was what she needed to do. She needed to label him in her mind so that she could constantly remind herself what they were to one another now and what it meant. But as he called her nickname, greeting her the way he always did, she knew even that was going to be tough.

But Minna was here to buffer! Devyn introduced her and HER EX greeted her with his usual charm, asking her to do a quick spin so he could take her in. Again, only baddies in Devyn's circle, so obviously. They all laughed as HER EX let Minna's hand go and told them that they both looked good. "You came to get chose too, I see-," Devyn's hand reached out smoothing over the lapel of his blazer before she drew back into her own space. She recognized this blazer. She'd chosen it for him on a shopping trip to the Galleria that started in Gucci (for this blazer) and somehow ended at La Perla with HER EX buying her something to wear under said blazer...I have to see you in it to know if I like it for real...

Damn, she missed him. And as she watched his eyes trace a path from her feet to her face, she could tell the feeling was mutual. Devyn wanted to tease him about looking at her the way she'd told him not to at their impromptu lunch, but that look and this one had different tones. This look was telling her that HER EX wanted to do more than tell her she looked good. And it was fucked up because the look he was giving now wasn't one she wanted to stop...

Why're you standing all the way over there…come here. It was like instinct. Even as Koi reached for her Devyn drew closer, her arm falling around his neck. He attempted to be decent and they fell into a side hug that was totally foreign for the two of them. It wasn't right, and Devyn's body seemed to self correct, her other arm going around his neck as she stood on her toes, pressing her body into his. This was it.

Dev's eyes closed as she breathed him in and felt the moment. She hadn't been this close to him in too long. She hadn't felt his hands around her waist in too long. And he smelled fucking edible...No. She pulled back, knowing she couldn't stay like that with him for too long. Her hands met his chest as she offered a gentle push to put distance between them.

That "HER EX" shit wasn't going to get her anywhere...

Minna - 16-11-2019 at 04:12 PM

Ah, so THIS was the infamous, ex-boyfriend "Koi". Minna got it. She could see EXACTLY why Devyn was still into him. He had a cute ass confidence to him, drip completely obvious. Tall as fuck, but his muscles had him looking "slim thick". GORGEOUS ass eyes that she could see even in the dim light of the club. And he walked around it... YEP. She got it. Especially as he spun her in a circle, checking out the fantastic outfit that his girlfr- oop...he meant his "ex-girl" (debatable) put together for Minna that evening. As she moved back to Devyn, she nudged her, her side-eye serving a large helping of "he's your ex because WHY".

Okay, so Minna knew why they weren't together. It'd taken the stress from midterm exams, a "drink and study" night, and a bottle of vodka to get to get it out of Devyn, but she'd shared it. Minna's takeaway? He was a vault of unspoken feelings and she was tired as hell of trying to pry that vault open. She got that. She'd dated enough completely closed people to NOT understand. But...he was just so DAMN cute, though! And watching them together was...

Oop! Minna had to literally fix her face, snapping her jaw shut as the friendly hug that Koi had started with Devyn turned into a not-so-platonic embrace. She couldn't see Devyn's expression, oh...but she saw Koi's. And the second Devyn's body pushed into his, her fingers caressing the hair at the nape of his neck (OOP x's 2), Koi's eyes slid closed, the wide smile on his face melted as he licked his lips, turning his face into the crook of Devyn's neck. Minna didn't know, but that hug? That hug didn't look too "broke up" to her.

With a throat clear, she averted her gaze (even though she was still looking out of the corner of her eye). And after what seemed like minutes, the hug ended, Devyn discreetly putting distance between them, her steps moving backwards as she stood beside Minna again, her eyes PURPOSEFULLY avoiding Minna's. That was okay, they could...WOULD talk about it later.

"Nice to meet you, Koi..." Minna said, attempting and failing to hide her grin.

"I see we're making friends..." A baritone voice came from behind Devyn and her, sounding WAY too close to them for Minna not to have known he was standing there. Quickly, she looked over her shoulder, her surprise turning into...well, gotdamn! Who was this fine ass? Seriously...the ratio of fineness in the club was unsettling. She was definitely gonna lose her panties before the night was over.

"...glad you made it, Devyn." Slowly, the "equally sexy light skinned ass nigga" wrapped an arm around Devyn's waist, hugging her from behind a quick kiss landing on her cheek.

And just like that...Minna'd met "4th Date Tre'"...in front of ex-boyfriend. Aw...shit.

Devyn - 16-11-2019 at 05:40 PM

She truly hadn't done it on purpose. Devyn always had trouble keeping herself in check when it came to Koi. Before it was fine because they were friends. Then a...situation. Then a relationship. Now? She didn't know what they were, but she knew what the hug made it feel like and she wanted it. She wanted it, but she knew it wasn't good for her. He wasn't good for her. She knew that. She knew what being with him would mean and she couldn't be that girl anymore...So she pushed away, finding her place next to Minna again and looking everywhere but at her. Devyn knew her ass had something to say.

But she was being good. She told Koi it was nice to meet him and before Devyn could speak to urge them toward the bar again, she heard a familiar baritone, shivering a bit as Tre's hand slid across her stomach, pulling her body into his. Devyn licked her lips, trying and failing to quell the smile his touch brought to her face. Glad you made it Devyn...His lips met her cheek and she turned quickly, her hand finding his as she pulled it from her waist. Why was she acting caught?

"Tre', hi-," Damn. He looked good as fuck too. Devyn wanted to say so, but with Koi standing right behind her everything felt so awkward. Oh, shit...Had Tre' seen that hug? She tried to push through the obvious answer to that question and get her head together. "I feel like you knew my 'maybe' was a 'yes' when I said it." She smiled then, a bit of normalcy with him coming back to her. "How else did you find me so fast?" Devyn smirked. She knew his cocky ass had been more than confident she was coming to this party. Hell, Tre' always knew when she was coming...fuck, he looked good.

Devyn hugged him properly then, her arms falling around his neck in an embrace somewhere between friendly and familiar. Speaking of familiar, "This is my muse, Minna." Devyn pulled back, introducing her friend the way she always did and Minna was able to pick her jaw up enough to respond. She was finally meeting 4th Date Tre' and Devyn knew she was going to get an earful about it later. Especially because she was meeting him in front of - oh shit!

Devyn turned then, positioning herself between her ex and her...Tre'. "And then, this is...Koi." She didn't give him a title, because calling him her ex in front of her next felt cruel. Ughhhh. She hated this! Koi and Tre' were not supposed to be anywhere near one another, especially not with Devyn standing between them. Had they really not made it to the bar yet? This was fucking awful and despite the zen look Koi was trying to maintain, that vein in his temple was telling her that the longer they stood here the worse it would get.

Tre - 18-11-2019 at 06:36 PM

“I just can’t believe Kidd got this place for us for free. Bruh, this shit looks like a fucking music video…” Tre’ grimaced, his nostrils flaring before he drank the rest of the Hennessey in his glass, his frat, Nick, riding this “Kidd” nigga’s ass...just like the rest of his chapter. And he was high-key over it. Tre’d heard the dude’s name nonstop while they were planning the event, the Ques even joining in on the dick riding, everyone on one hundred about the fact that THEE “Shemar Kidd’s Son” was providing the venue for the Pretty Nasty Party...and that he had “connections” and got it for them for free. And Tre’ guessed he was the ONLY person on the planning committee that wasn’t on their fucking knees giving this nigga a reach around. Yeah, he’d done something amazing as Tre’ had come to find out that anything King Street was pretty much untouchable and this...Kidd…strutted in, secured the venue, and erased the fees. Great if Tre’ was about niggas that never had to work for shit STILL not having to work for shit. But he wasn’t. Mainly because he and the hard-ass-working parents that’d raised him had to put effort forward with EVERY single thing they’d gained. Silver spoons didn’t impress Tre’. Hard work did. Struggle did. And if this Kidd nigga was about to make the line, he’d have to show Tre’ WAY more than dollar signs…

“Yeah…” He’d said simply, Nick droning on about Kidd’s status on campus and he was only a freshman. Point guard on the fucking Warriors. An Aston Martin that Tre’ was sure his daddy had bought him. And even though Nick didn’t have to say it, he saw the way females were watching Koi where he’d been sitting most of the night. He was posted up with most of the Kappas that were on the football team, looking bored and uncomfortable. Well shit, if he was bored, Tre’ didn’t mind giving him something to liven up his evening. Parking cars out front. Hauling boxes of liquor. The honor of being Tre’s drink bitch for the rest of the night... Tre’ wanted him to know that his presence at the party was an honor...not a fucking task. Maybe “Kidd” needed to be reminded of that…

“...fuck, looks like he’s pulling tonight, too.” Nick spoke again, nodding towards the bar instead of where Kidd had originally been sitting. Tre’ turned...and immediately felt his jaw clench. Not only had the Kidd been getting unnecessary attention the entire night, he’d found his fucking way to what DEFINITELY wasn’t his...and Tre’ couldn’t help but chuckle, less with amusement and more in disbelief. He was with Devyn. Not just “with” her. Standing little too fucking close, his hands a little too familiar. And just to be real about shit, Tre’ wasn’t with Devy. What was going on between them was fun. Light. Sexy. Devyn’s presence was filling a space Tre’ didn’t know needed filling. But in no way...was she with him. But her pussy? Different story. And by the looks of it, Kidd was moving in on it, his hand going around Devyn’s waste.

Without excusing himself, Tre’ got up, beelining for Devyn, who might he add looked way too damn good to be in THAT nigga’s arms...which she had been before they separated just as Tre’ approached them. He tried to catch Kidd’s eyes, but he was too busy eyeing Devyn’s tight outfit. But what he DID see was Tre’s arm loop across her waist, pulling her to him as he kissed her. Was he laying it on a bit too thick in a club where AT LEAST two other females were who he’d been seeing? Probably. But for Devyn? It was a small price to pay.

He smiled as Devyn pulled away from him, his dimples deepening as she spoke. Of course he knew she’d come. After the night that they’d had after they ran into each other at the gym? He could barely stop thinking about her and as he saw the way she couldn’t stop smiling at him, he knew she felt the same way, her body pushing against his in a tight hug, arms wrapping around his neck.

“I missed you too…” He whispered in her ear as they hugged, his hands holding her waist, one sliding down to the curve of her ass. He chuckled a little as she pulled away from him, introducing him to her friend with dimples that gave his a run for their damn money.

“Hi, beautiful.” He said, nodding at her as she greeted him with a small wave, her eyes shifting between he and Kidd.

And then, this is...Koi. Oh. So they were on a first name basis? Because everyone that’d called Kidd’s name had referred to him as his father’s son...or by his last name. But he was “Koi” to Devyn.

“Ah...so this the infamous ‘Kidd’ that hooked us up with the venue?” Tre’ extended his arm, Koi reluctantly following suite. He shook his hand firmly, putting on a good ass show for Devyn and her friend. He was Tre’, the peacemaker. Tre’ the friendly nigga. And while Koi was trying his best to stop his eyes from throwing death threats, Tre’ was cool. Calm...collected. Like a gentleman should be.

“Good to meet you...especially with that fly ass blazer on. Nigga, that’d look amazing on me. We’re gone have to talk about that later.” He chuckled, his arm going around Devyn’s waist. And even though his words sounded like a joke, he was serious as shit. One thing that Koi was going to learn was that good things didn’t come easy. Not Tre’s blazer...and not Devyn.

Enzo - 19-11-2019 at 11:26 AM

"But you know what, if they'll pay Kap $110 over 6 and just snatch it back, I know we can't trust these niggas-," Enzo nodded as Reese went on about his latest conspiracy theory about the league and how it worked. Every week it was something new and with Colin Kaepernick back in the news with an NFL workout, this week was that. Reese wasn't his favorite of his teammates. Really, none of the crew he was sitting with right now was. But he had to play nice for other reasons. You already have the in son. Use your connections and take it seriously. His dad knew he didn't care about this Kappa shit deep down, but knowing he cared about it meant Enzo would try for him. With it being just the two of them now, he did what he could not to disappoint.

So he was here. Luckily, he didn't have to go it alone and he'd made an unlikely friend in his roommate, Koi Kidd. Enzo knew of the Kidd from high school. He had a reputation for being drunk, high, and stupid almost 24/7, but he hadn't met him, met him until move-in day...They'd gotten a bit of a rocky start, but over the first few months of classes, the season, and now this process, they'd gotten to be pretty cool. Koi had told him he was thinking about pledging one night and they got to rapping about process and it turned out they were out for the same org. God was funny like that sometimes he guessed.

"I hear you man. Look-," Enzo wasn't trying to hear this Kap shit no more. Koi had disappeared a minute ago anyway, and despite him seemingly not being as wild as he had been in high school, Enzo couldn't leave anything to chance while they were prospects. "I'm gonna hit the bar real quick." Without waiting to be dismissed, he stood, heading in the way his roommate had gone a few minutes earlier...and immediately seeing what was taking so long.

Of course, a girl. Koi was hugged up real tight with some brown skin chick that was not the light skin chick that left their apartment last night. Enzo shook his head. He got it. The girls came with the territory when you were an athlete, especially one that was the son of a dude that made it, but that wasn't the life Enzo was living anymore. Since his mom passed he had been a lot more intentional about who he gave his time to and the chicks he ran through without thought these days were few and far between. He was looking for something...

And he felt a little like he'd found it, his feet pausing as he noticed what he assumed was the brown skin girl's friend. Sweet face, short curls, and Enzo's favorite kind of thick...She was gorgeous and it was an actual tragedy that he hadn't seen her on campus anywhere before.

He didn't have time to think of what he might say to her as Tre'Mere White stepped up behind the group and pulled Koi's homegirl into him kissing her cheek. "Oh, shit-," Enzo sighed, moving through the crowd again, this time with a little more urgency. Of course, he chose tonight to talk to the wrong girl. What appeared to be Tre's girl. Fuck. Koi had earned a little clout by helping the Nupes set up this little party, but he was about to piss it away if Enzo didn't intervene.

He stepped up just as Tre' complimented Koi's blazer. To the untrained ear, it was a harmless joke. To a nigga dressed in all black, literally here trying to get chose (no homo), Enzo heard the haze in his tone.

"What's up, how y'all doin'?" He cut into conversation, the back of his hand slapping Koi's chest just hard enough to get him to unball his fist. What the fuck was he doing? "You disappeared on me, bro-," his eyes found the friend then and seeing her up close was more transcendent than spotting her from across the room. "I see why though." He smiled.

If he hadn't been trying to defuse what he knew to be Koi's bullshit he might have introduced himself and struck up a conversation. But he was focused tonight. This was the last big event before intake and they couldn't fuck this up.

"Tre'. What's going on, man? Great party-," Tre' dapped him up with the hand that wasn't around his girl. Yeah...he needed to get Koi away from whatever this was.

Koi - 19-11-2019 at 04:29 PM

With so much going on in his head, the loudest sound had to be the sound of his heart beating in his chest. Fast at first, speeding up to what he knew had to be an impossible speed. He felt like it was beating in his throat, choking him. He felt like he couldn't breathe. But that wasn't it, was it? It wasn't suffocation. It was his fucking heart breaking. Breaking as he "4-7-8"ed, his breathing settling in the time it took to watch the girl he knew he'd love for the rest of his life hug another man. She was with another man... Nope, he couldn't. He couldn't do that. He couldn't think about...that right now. Not in the middle of this fucking club, with these fucking people...with everything riding on this FUCKING moment. No...he couldn't! He had to...he had get himself together. So, he did. He did the only thing he could stupidly think to do in that moment that wasn't breaking this nigga's fucking jaw.

He prayed the Serenity Prayer.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change...

And he was meeting her friend, a perfect smile on his perfectly breakable face. His hand was on her ass...and he was...no.

...the courage to change the things I can...

Ah, so this is this infamous Kidd... Nah, nigga. "The infamous Kidd" was his fucking father. He was KOI. And KOI wanted to believe that in the separation of himself from his father, that he could pretend that they was a differentiation. That he wasn't his father. And he wasn't...but in some ways...he had been, right? He'd lost the only GOOD thing in his life because of it, right? His father had been too stupid to admit. But at least Koi wasn't THAT stupid. No, he was smart enough to see the nigga's hand where his use to rest. The waist it was holding use to belong to the girl that Koi loved. Loves. Still loves. But it was over, wasn't it? Because she wasn't...NO.

...and the wisdom to know the difference.

Exhaling, he felt his heartbeat slow as he refocused on...who was this again? He was definitely a Kappa as Koi'd seen him passing...before he realized that he was the nigga who was fucking Devyn. And he was definitely fucking her. Koi could tell. Because he had the air of a man who knew what it was like to touch her. Kiss her. Feel absolute forever that she held between her thighs. Koi smirked at the thought, barely missing...the nigga's comment on his blazer. His mouth said "compliment", but his eyes were speaking something else.

"Thanks..." Koi said dryly, his lips barely parting to accept the compliment, his eyes refusing to blink as they stayed on this nameless nigga's face...and then he heard Enzo, his hand slapping Koi's chest, breaking the tension from his shoulders...and from the moment as he and nameless had been glaring at each other. Koi looked away first, willing himself to relax, forcing a fake chuckle as Enzo commented Devyn and her friend...and greeted...Tre'. That was right, Tre'. He'd been on the planning committee for the party they were at right now.

"Yeah...great party. And nice to finally meet you, man." Koi said, swallowing the sour taste in his mouth he'd gotten from realizing why Enzo had found him and why, without saying words, he was telling him to "keep his shit together". He forced another smile...and even though it didn't quite reach his eyes, he knew he had to (regardless what he wanted) to clean up what'd just happened.

"This is Devyn...a friend from high school." A friend. Right.

"And that's Minna...the muse, right?" He laughed, struggling to keep the smile he'd pulled together pasted on his face.

Devyn - 19-11-2019 at 05:57 PM

Devyn tried to smile, taking a deep breath, and hoping Koi didn't cause a scene. She knew him. She knew who he was and how he was and even with him doing his best impression of Zori's stoic stare, Devyn knew he was hurt. That she was the one that hurt him...It was never supposed to go down like this. Koi wasn't even on her radar after Tre' had cleared her head last night. Not until seeing him now. Falling so easily into his arms and feeling just a piece of what they used to be...but they weren't that anymore.

She was with Tre'...Well, not...like...with Tre'. Truly, Devyn had fun with Tre', but she knew neither of them was taking this too seriously. It was very...casual with Tre' and she liked that after being so heavy for so long with Koi. But none of that mattered right now because none of that was information Koi had. What Koi had was Tre', wrapping his arm around her waist the way he used to. Tre' kissing her hello. Tre's hand on her ass as they hugged.

He was never supposed to see any of it! How was it that her ex and her new fuck buddy had ended up in the same place at the same time. Was fate really that fucking cruel? Apparently. And Devyn couldn't help but feel like shit about it, even though her mind told her there was logically no reason to. She didn't owe Koi shit. They weren't together...she sounded like him. Fuck! No! She could not do this with him. She had done six drama-free months without Koi and the fucking minute he's back in her life, she's ready to throw herself into fixing him again? Ugh. Because she wanted to.

She heard the anger in his tone as he offered dry gratitude to Tre's compliment on his blazer. She could see the tension in him through that damn vein in his temple that popped when he was clenching his jaw. She was about to do the stupidest thing she could possibly do and try to talk him down, but she was saved by...who the fuck was this?

Devyn forced yet another smile, realizing her face had settled into the worry she was feeling as "The New Guy" snapped Koi out of the staring contest he'd been having with Tre' that Devyn had been trying to ignore. Nice to finally meet you, man. Sorry. What? Were the two of them acquainted in some way? What the fuck did he mean "finally meet"? Devyn wanted to ask, but her attention turned. The guy half greeted she and Minna, his eyes lingering on her roommate in a way that made Devyn's smile turn genuine. She nudged Minna the way she had nudged Devyn upon meeting Koi. That could be a thing...but the guy still hadn't introduced himself, instead greeting Tre' by name. What the fuck? Did all the black guys on campus fucking know each other?

Koi spoke, his tone a bit more even and introduced Devyn. His friend from high school. And Minna, the muse. The smile slipped from the stranger's face for the first time that night, his eyes snapping away from Minna for the first time to truly look at Devyn.

"Devyn?" he questioned. Not really to her, just out loud. He looked at Koi then and back at Tre' and in that split second, Devyn could tell he at least knew something. But she couldn't focus on that right now. Repeating in her mind was what he'd called her. His friend from high school. That's what they were now. They were people who used to know each other in high school. They were...strangers at a 6 months reunion and as Devyn watch Koi smile in a way completely opposite of when he'd first seen her, she knew they both would agree it all felt like shit.

"Koi. Listen-," she started but was interrupted by the nameless dude.

"Oh fuck that...uh-" he paused awkwardly, quickly continuing through an obvious excuse, "...guy, Reese, was looking for you earlier, bruh I think we need to go find him." Slapping a hand on Koi's shoulder nameless guided him away from the group before Devyn could protest. Crisis averted, she guessed...

So why did she still feel like shit?

Minna - 19-11-2019 at 07:08 PM

Okay, so there was "drama" and then there was "uncomfortable ass situation that made Minna's ass clench". The second "4th Date Tre'" rolled up and "Ex-boyfriend" saw his hands on Devyn? You could literally feel the air go cold. Koi was not amused and it looked like the poor thing was barely keeping his shit together as he watched the PDA-fest that went down between Devyn and the "new boo". And yes, that PDA included an ass grab. A whole ass grab! Either way, it was completely obvious that there was a war going down between the past and the future and honestly, Minna couldn't figure out whether they were going to passive aggressive each other to death...or whether they were going to actually bludgon each other to ACTUAL death.

"Huh...oh! Nice to meet you..." Really smooth. Tre' was talking to her and she was too caught up in the uncomfortableness of it all. For what it was worth, Tre' was equally as Koi was. Almost...identically...fine. And it was then that Minna figured out that her roomie DEFINITELY had a type. Minna took the time to compare the positives as they eye-stabbed each other, Devyn fidgeting nervously next to her. Quickly, Minna looped her arm through Devyn's, steadying her as the tension got thicker and thicker in the...

Oh my fuck... Was he talking to Koi directly? Nope! No...this wasn't going to end well at all. Especially with the sound of disdain in Tre's voice as he talked about how Koi had been the one responsible for this amazing ass venue. There was even pettiness in the way he'd talked about Koi's outfit...which was...interesting. Especially considering the way Tre' "complimented" Koi, it sounded like he was really telling him to take the shit off and give it to him that second! Bold...very bold.

What's up, how ya'll doin'? What the holy hell! Were men falling out of the ceiling that night? Especially FINE ones as the new arrival walked straight up to Koi and Tre', interrupting the entire conversation. Minna couldn't keep the look of confusion off of her face as he spoke, scanning the group...his eyes lingering on hers a little longer than she'd expected them to. He spoke quickly, greeting them...well, greeting her mostly, his gaze meeting hers again, a smile and a compliment on his lips. She saw him... and she actively ignored Devyn's completely noticeable nudge. He was cute enough, but it seemed like he had more on his mind than chatting her up as he focused on Koi, distracting him and pulling him off into another direction.

"Oooookay! Well! That was fun... Devyn! Let's go take a shot..." She prompted, pulling Devyn by the arm further towards the bar.

"You...stay right here. We'll be right back, sexy." She spoke over her shoulder quickly to Tre', his expression saying that he wasn't completely sure what had just gone down either.

Minna walked quickly, nearly dragging Devyn with her. She almost swung her around to face her after they were out of Tre's line of sight.

"Okay, what the entire fuck was that?!"

Enzo - 20-11-2019 at 06:21 AM

"Devyn?" It took a minute for the name to register. Enzo had been more focused on the second introduction Koi'd made. Minna the Muse. It suited her. She hadn't even spoken to him yet and she was certainly inspiring all kinds of things in him. But Devyn. He knew that name and now all this shit was starting to make sense. Devyn wasn't some random chick Koi was trying to take home and put out before the sun came up. She was more that Tre's girl. She was Koi's ex.

The other day, Koi came in their damn apartment BEAMING talking about finally running into "the one that got away". He'd brought her up a few times in various stories he told as they were getting to know each other, but hadn't said too much about the relationship. All Enzo really knew was that they weren't together, but he still had a thing for her...which sucked because she obviously didn't have that same thing for him.

Enzo looked between Tre' and Koi and knew at that very moment, he needed to get Koi out of there. Especially as Devyn opened her mouth to Koi on some "listen" shit. FUCK THAT NOISE. Enzo was not about to let them have it out in front of Tre'Mere White, who he knew to be PM in the Spring. Nope. Not happening. Enzo cursed, almost fucking up their exit, before using Reese's talking ass as an excuse to get the fuck out of dodge.

He pulled Koi away quickly, but his roommate seemed to know better where he was going as he shook free of Enzo's hold and headed toward the back of the club. Enzo called after him, following behind, yes to make sure he didn't do no reckless shit, but also to make sure he was good...because, ouch. Your ex girl that you don't want to be your ex and her new thing that's soon to be frat? Damn. What kinda soap opera shit was this?!

Enzo followed Koi through an emergency exit into an alleyway behind the club. He watched as he kicked a nearby dumpster driving the sole of his foot into it so hard it shifted. Damn.

"Yo...you good?...That shit was rough."

Koi - 20-11-2019 at 12:57 PM

When Koi’d started therapy, the worst part of it had to be the “feelings wheel”. First of all, the name was stupid. Was “emotion chart” already taken? Second of all, the last thing Koi wanted to do was feel. So, the next to last thing he wanted to do was look at a chart full of feelings to figure out, more deeply, what his “emotion words” really meant. Mad wasn’t just “mad”. It was “angry” which led to “frustrated”. Or it was “rage” which led to “fury”. But when Koi looked at the chart, none of the words under “mad” were...him. Because all he had was the way it felt. His hands clenched. His teeth were grinding together. His blood raced. His head pounded. And none of those stupid ass descriptors made him understand...until now. Because he was “hurt”. And hurt...well, that led to “jealous”. And before that moment, he couldn’t understand how the two were the same. But, the pain in his chest. The burning in his cheeks...and eyes. The absolute buzzing in his head as he pulled away from Enzo, exited Se7en and found himself in the alley behind the club? That was pain...because Devyn…

“FUCK!” He yelled, his foot meeting one of the dumpsters in the alleyway. He would’ve punched it if he hadn’t heard the door open behind him, the familiar voice talking to him as he clenched his fists.

“No...no the fuck I’m not.” His voice was low, menacing. Anger was pulsing through him in a way that was dangerous in the past. That anger led to shit like nearly fucking up his ball career after he broke his arm taking a bat to someone’s car...for Devyn. FOR HER.

An almost inhuman scream left his throat as he kicked the dumpster again, not giving a shit how he looked to Enzo, who for all he knew, was still standing in the alleyway with him. He was so STUPID. He was so goddamn stupid. Stupid enough to even BEGIN to believe that she was…

“She’s not even hurtin’!” He shouted suddenly, not talking to anyone in particular. Mostly, he was telling himself. He was admitting to himself the very thing that he’d been terrified of. The fact that he was the only one out here, heart torn into pieces. Thinking about her every moment of the fucking day and...she’d...she was…she’d moved on...

Enzo - 20-11-2019 at 04:26 PM

Enzo eyed each end of the alley as Koi shouted into the night, getting it out. He got it. He recognized this. It was grief. Enzo knew grief. He lived it daily and even though Koi's was a little different, he could still see it in him. Without anything better to say Enzo had asked if he was good. Obviously not. The tone Koi hit him with was familiar too. He wanted to fight. He wasn't mad at Enzo, but he couldn't actually fight the nigga he wanted to or fight with the girl he was mad at, so anybody would do. Enzo got that too.

She's not even hurtin'! He couldn't know that. From what Koi'd told him his first time seeing her in like 6 months was earlier in the week. They weren't talking. How did he know what she was feeling? Hell, no disrespect, but Koi had slept with countless girls since getting to campus. How did he know his girl wasn't doing the same? He wouldn't ask of course. Instead, he searched for words that might help him feel...anything else. They needed to wrap this shit up quick before someone noticed they were missing.

"I get why you're upset, Koi. I really do...But we gotta save this light skinned, Drake shit for the house-," He took a step toward him then, not in challenge, but to make sure Koi knew he was still there. "If you want, we can box. I'll even let you get a few hits in before I lay your ass out, but right now...Right now we got business, Koi." He was joking a little, trying to lighten the mood. They could fight if he just wanted to hit something, Enzo just needed him to wait til the end of the night.

"I know you want her, but I know you want this too-," this being this Kappa shit. Koi and Enzo were different in that respect. Enzo was doing it for his dad. Koi had a genuine interest in finding his place with the Nupes. He wanted the shit.

"Don't lose both, bruh."

Koi - 20-11-2019 at 05:16 PM

I get why you're upset... Did he? Did he really get Koi or was he just doing the empathy thing that wasn't really empathy, just sympathy wrapped up in a bunch of fake ass emotions? Because Koi felt like no one knew what this was like. Hurt enough to feel like his heart was literally falling out of his chest. Jealous enough to wish he could put his entire fist through the wall of the dumpster. Furious enough at himself for being everything that he was and that that had been enough to chase Devyn away...and right into THAT nigga's arms? Koi scoffed at himself, the fucking audacity to even pity himself when this was his fault. All of it. The selfishness that had him, even at that moment, feeling sorry for himself. Pitying himself for the shit that HE did to bring him to THIS place.

Though he didn't want to, he chuckled dryly at Enzo calling him out, letting him know this "Drake" shit he was on in the middle of the alley was a no-go, especially if anyone inside the club came out and caught him in his feelings. He knew Enzo was right. He just...FUCK. He just couldn't stop thinking about...her. Her with Tre'. Tre's arm around her. Her smiling at Tre' the way she use to smile at Koi. He just couldn't...stop.

"I don't wanna fucking hit you, man." He grumbled, pulling his hand through his short curls, willing himself to not let the tears in his eyes spill over, also known as the emotional shit that wouldn't stop happening since he started therapy. Not that he thought Enzo wouldn't been up his ass about it. He was actually cool about shit like that, bringing Koi real "Dhonny" vibes as he inhaled and exhaled a couple of times, squeezing his hands rapidly. Enzo was right, he had to calm the fuck down...but shit. Shit, shit, SHIT.

"I just...I do..." He did want it. All of it. He wanted to be a part of something bigger than himself. Plain and simple. Experience made his perspective a little broader. And he wanted to be a part of something that could keep extending him beyond himself.

"I fucking want it...I also want to break his fucking face..."

Enzo - 20-11-2019 at 05:44 PM

He didn't want to hit him. That was a step in the right direction. Enzo watched as he tried to release from of the tension from his body. He wanted to cry. Enzo could see the way his eyes were glistening in the dim light of the nearby lamppost. That was okay. He could cry if he needed it. He really did understand. Maybe he didn't know the ins and outs of what he and this Devyn chick were to each other, but he knew hurt. He knew grief. He knew another kind of heartbreak.

The both of them out here crying was for the fucking birds though. They needed to get back inside and work on making as many "friends" as possible before the night ended. One of the other prospects had given him that tidbit about Tre' being PM. Maybe he knew more about the cat...Enzo would ask. But they needed to get inside first...and Koi needed to let this shit go for a few hours.

"I mean you could do that-," Enzo shrugged. He could. "But I guarantee you won't make line like that." He smiled. A short chuckle on his lips as he stepped closer to Koi then, his hand clapping his shoulder.

"Come inside. Have a drink. And we'll let fucking Reese tell us all about how the League only exists to cripple Black men and rob them of their best years."

Koi - 21-11-2019 at 01:43 PM

Come inside. Have a drink... Koi wished it was that easy. He wished he could've gone inside the club, asked the bartender for what use to be his "usual" (Crown Royal on the rocks), and then slipped him his father's card to keep tab open, his fingers already sending his location to his plug. That wasn't his life anymore. That wasn't how he dealt with shit now and it wasn't how he should've dealt with it then. Now? He'd leave as soon as it was cool for him to go, dial his sponsor's number and tell her about tonight, and call Zori to remind him of their morning meditation and run...Zori never forgot.

All things change and we change with them... The saying would always be true. Shit was different. With him. With his life. With Devyn and him...and whether he could face it or not, it would never be the same. Would he really have wanted it to be? All that confusion? The toxicity and lies? No, it was better this way. If that was the only thing that he could see as a silver lining was that THIS was a better outcome. Her, happy and healthy with someone who saw her worth. Him, sober...and free. This was worth that, he guessed. The pain of his heart being ripped in two was worth it...if he could see her smile.

Devyn - 21-11-2019 at 05:25 PM

“That was some bullshit, Minna-,” Devyn heaved a defeated sigh as she let her friend pull her to the bar away from the drama. Once Koi’s friend took him from the group, Minna’d been smart enough to excuse the two of them from Tre’ and give Devyn a little time to process what the fuck had just happened...What the fuck had just happened? Devyn was still kind of spirialing through so much so fast. One second she was laughing with Koi then she was...ugh...And then Tre'...like...Ugh!! She couldn't deal with this shit!

"I did not want this to happen-," she moaned, hanging her head in her hands before running them roughly through her hair. "Koi and Tre' were never supposed to meet. Especially not through me like...ugh!" Devyn turned from her friend then, a spot opening up at the bar as the bartender greeted them. She quickly ordered 4 shots of 1942 and put her card on the bar, turning back to Minna.

"What am I supposed to do, Minna?" She frowned. "Did you see his face? He was fucking crushed and I did that..." Even in all their shit, Devyn never wanted to hurt Koi. She wasn't mad at him (anymore) and she wasn't trying to get back at him she just...she was just trying to live. She'd spent the last six months doing a bunch of shit to avoid thinking about him, but with Tre' she wasn't avoiding thinking about him. She just...didn't. Tre' made it so she didn't have to keep her memories with Koi on pause in the back of her mind waiting for him to...she didn't know. Change?

Devyn could admit to herself that she wanted Koi back, but she knew waiting for him was fucking stupid. She'd already waited. She spent two years waiting for him to do as little as call her his fucking girlfriend. She couldn't go back to that shit. The confusion. The lies. The toxicity...but she missed him.

The bartender had lined up teir shots and Devyn picked up two taking them back to back. "I should find him. We should talk...right?"

Minna - 22-11-2019 at 03:35 PM

Bullshit wasn't the word! That right that? That was a whole shit BOMB. And Minna hated to admit it, but Koi could've called himself "Hiroshima"...because "the shit" landed directly on him. She loved Devyn! Already! She was such a great roommate and she was going to be a great lifelong friend. Minna knew these things... But that? That whole situation that just uncomfortably played out in front of her? Yeah...she was positive the negro was somewhere punching the air. What was probably the worst shit ever went down in front of him and Devyn hadn't prepared him for it. Minna felt bad for it as it was obvious by that hug that he was missing that Devyn. Ugly Truth? Even in spite of that, Devyn didn't owe him shit. She dumped him and they'd moved on. She wasn't responsible for him anymore. If fucking Tre' in the middle of the club was what she wanted to do, she deserved to do it...regardless how Koi was feeling. Minna knew that had history...but Devyn needed a break. She dated this guy in high school! It was college now! Time to let her fucking freak flag fly! Not moan and groan at the bar because her ex went and got his feelings hurt!

"I know, lovey." Minna said, cringing as Devyn ran her hands through her hair. She was taking it so hard!

"Sweetie, you've gotta understand...oh! Okay! " Before Minna could get her probably not supportive enough comment out, Devyn had spotted an opening at the bar, her feet moving before Minna registered that she should be walking too. She practically scurried in her six inches, bumping into something tall and sexy on the way. She mouthed "sorry", biting her lip as he smiled, waving off her apology. NO! No. She was needed at the bar. Tall and sexy could wait. Because Minna could see it all over Devyn. She was about to make some bad decisions that night and drinking would probably be one of them.

Catching up with her, Minna was sure she head the end of the word "shots" as she drew closer. Yep. Bad decisions.

"You're not supposed to do a damn thing! Koi's a big boy...he can take care of himself." She said, squeezing into the space beside Devyn...because the bar was about to make room for these hips.

"Don't you dare guilt yourself. You've been having fun with Tre'! Don't feel bad for..." Her words were interrupted AGAIN as the bartender placed four shots in front of them, Devyn's hand reaching out for them immediately. Okay, they were doing shots. Minna sighed, grabbing one of the shot glasses, ready to toast. But Devyn was getting a head start, slamming back both of her shots before Minna'd even started drinking hers. Oooookay! Minna's eyes widened as she lifted her shot to her lips.

I should find him. We should talk...right?"

Before Minna could catch herself, she spit the tequila RIGHT back in the fucking shot glass, sputtering as whipped her head to look at Devyn.

"NO! Definitely not!" She exclaimed, shaking her head. That was LAST thing Devyn should've done!

"Girl..." Minna sighed. "He's hurting...you're not responsible for that, love. He needs to lick his wounds...let him do that."

Devyn - 22-11-2019 at 04:33 PM

She was spinning the fuck out. She could hear it in the way she was asking questions and barely listening to Minna's answers. She heard her though. She shouldn't guilt herself and Tre' was fun and...she just wanted to be drunk! She wanted to down as many shots of whatever in as little time as possible and not feel this. This relentless torrent of guilt for hurting the one person she'd promised to be there for. That was what this was really about and she knew it. Their stupid promise to one another to ALWAYS be there. Always wasn't as long as they'd thought it was going to be though...

But Minna was right. She shouldn't have cared. Koi had plenty of people that cared for him now. The stranger from earlier, his mom now that his shitty father was out of the picture, he'd always had Eri and now he had Zo. Koi had support. Devyn...for the last six months had felt like she was back where she started. She didn't have anyone. That's why starting fresh at KRU was so important to her. She had Minna now. In a way, she had Tre'. She was building something here that didn't require her life to revolve around anyone but herself this time around...Koi had to understand that. She just needed to explain it.

Or not. Devyn jumped as Minna told her NO. She shouldn't go looking for Koi to talk. But what was she supposed to do?! He's hurting...let him do that. And there it was. Devyn had never let him do that. She had always been there for him and in the time they'd been apart she hadn't had to actively see him hurt. It was easy for her to ignore her promise to be there when it wasn't in her face...she didn't even know if that made sense.

"This shit is...Minna I don't know how to do that. I'm...I mean I was...we just have so much shit between us-," Devyn sighed as she picked up the untouched shot from the bar. "You don't want this right?" She took it, not waiting for Minna's answer. It didn't matter.

They were doing another round anyway.

Minna - 22-11-2019 at 06:00 PM

Of course she didn't know how to let Koi feel! Because if Devyn was half the gfg (good fucking girl) she KNEW Devyn was to Koi, she was there. Through EVERYTHING she'd been there. And now, it was time for her to not be. Simple as that. Well, Minna thought it was simple, which apparently it wasn't as Devyn admitted to her that she just...didn't know how to NOT be. Minna kind of understood. Back in "past that she'd like to never remember again", she knew what it was like to love someone like that. To really give THAT much of a fuck that they mattered. Even when they shouldn't. Minna couldn't blame Devyn for wanting to fix him. But that was kind of the sick joke, wasn't it? She'd never fix him. She'd only end up breaking herself.

"Okay!" Minna said, her palms meeting the bar as Devyn took the third shot that was probably meant for her.

"This is what you're gonna do. You're gonna learn today." With that, Minna made eye contact with the bartender and twirled her finger in the air, signaling another round of the too fucking strong tequila shots. Resolution made. They were going to get fucking drunk and Devyn was going to learn just HOW easy it was to finally not give a fuck.

"Step one in how to NOT swoop in and save the day. Turn around." She put her hands on Devyn's shoulders turned her gently to face the opposite direction she was facing...where Tre' had been watching them from the set of club couches nearest the bar. He'd been faking a conversation with what Minna assumed was one of his frat brothers, but he hadn't taken his eye off of Devyn once.

"You see that guy over there?" Minna pointed to Tre', who in his defense, looked incredibly confused. He cocked his head to the side, his dimples deepening as he nodded his head at Devyn and her.

"You...are going to take these shots...and you are going to go home with him." Before Devyn could speak, Minna shushed her, her pointer finger going up, stopping any further discussion.

"You're going to let him do all the dirty things to you he did on date four...and you're gonna like it." Minna turned Devyn back around, waving Tre' over behind her back.

"And you're going to choose yourself...for once."

Devyn - 23-11-2019 at 04:25 AM

Minna was probably tired of her and this ridiculous drama already. It really should have been easier than Devyn was making it. She and Koi were broken up. She was fucking a new dude and moving on with life. How Koi felt about that should have been completely his business. In theory, all of that was true. In reality, Devyn couldn't stop thinking about the way he introduced her as a "friend" from high school. He was hurt and she'd done it and she wasn't even supposed to try to make it any better. He just had to deal with it on his own? It was foreign to her. Devyn's instinct had always been to make sure he was good...now?

This is what you're gonna do. You're gonna learn today. Devyn laughed a little as she watched her friend order another round. She knew her so well to be a new friend. Step one in how to NOT swoop in and save the day...Minna turned her around and Devyn's eyes immediately found Tre's. He'd been staring at her, a smirk coming to her face at the realization. She hadn't been her best tonight; with Tre' especially. She owed him a little more than the hug she'd greeting him with earlier...

Minna agreed apparently, telling Devyn she would be going home with Tre'. She broke eye contact then, prepared to protest. Honestly, even with the liquor, with Koi this fresh on her mind there probably wasn't a point. And How would Minna get home? She didn't get to bring up either point as Minna pressed a finger to her lips, a silent signal to shut it. Devyn was going to let Tre' do all the things from date four and she was going to like it. That was half true. Sex with Tre' hadn't been the same twice yet, but she was guaranteed to like it...

Minna turned Devyn back around to waiting shots. And you're going to choose yourself...for once. Fuck it. In a minute this 1942 would hit and she wasn't going to know her own name, let alone her ex-boyfriend's. Shrugging a bit, Devyn picked up her shot, this time waiting for her friend to pick up hers. She toasted, "To my muse. As wise as she is beautiful-," they clinked, bringing the shot down before taking it back. As Devyn put her shot glass back on the bar, she smiled, feeling a familiar pull at her waist, her back leaning into a body she didn't have to look at to know. Somehow, as if on cue, he appeared.

"Hey, Tre'-," she turned to him then, her hand snaking over his chest and behind his neck, pulling his lips to hers. She kissed him, sure he could taste the tequila she hadn't chased as her tongue slipped between them. She broke the kiss, a light chuckle on her lips.

"That's how it should've happened before."

Tre - 23-11-2019 at 07:14 AM

The music was completely right as Tre' sat in the section they'd set aside for chapter members. Real talk? He didn't give a shit if Megan was a "female rapper", she had bars. And she was sexy as hell. If he ever had the chance, he'd test out those knees of steel. Quick. But the best thing? When her music was on, females got real reckless...like the two Kappa dick hoppers (whose names were irrelevant and forgettable) that were showing out with a couple of his frat on the couch bed next to him. He didn't mind the show as it was helping keep his mind off of...other things.

With that thought, he shot a look at the bar. Devyn and her friend were still in sight...and they were talking pretty heatedly about something. Probably...other things. And that was something that Tre' wasn't interested in. The drama of finding out that Devyn had...a friendship with one of the interests that he couldn't fucking st- correction. That he didn't really approve of? Not the best part of his night. Not because he policed pussy. Because he didn't. And as good as that pussy was? That was what Devyn was. A beautiful, smart, talented...BODIED pussy. No, Kidd just got under his skin in a way that he couldn't really understand. Maybe it was the money that he flaunted, driving what he did and dressing how he did. Maybe it was the arrogant "don't give a fuck" way he looked at the interest meetings they'd had. Or maybe...his vibe was just shit and Tre' saw him for who he was. A stuck up silver spoon up his ass brat. Either way, the fact that there was history with Devyn made all things about Kidd even MORE annoying. Especially the fact that that perfect face was frowning, obviously bothered by Kidd's presence that night. Now, she was at the bar, drinking her frustration instead of being with Tre'. And he wanted her with him. In more ways than one...

With that thought, he couldn't help but take another glance at the bar and... surprise, surprise. Minna was pointing in his direction, her hands on Devyn's shoulders. He couldn't help the confusion taking over his features as Devyn focused on him, a small smile on her lips. He smiled back, even more confused as Minna turned her around again...until he saw the hand beckoning him over. Oh? It didn't take long for him to figure out what Minna was doing.

"Yo, ya'll got it. I'm bout to head out." He said to the frat sitting closest to him and excused himself to the bar.

When he got there, they were already into another shot, toasting before taking them straight back. He smiled wider as he walked behind Devyn, his hand going around her waist again. There was a shitload of deja vu in that moment, but the difference was that this time, Tre' got the greeting he deserved...her hand moving up his chest, pulling his lips to her as she kissed him. He let her deepen the kiss, her tongue twisting in his as his hand slipped to her ass. He let his forehead press against hers, his face pressing against the side of hers as she whispered into his ear.

"Definitely should've gone that way the first time..." He spoke, kissing the area behind her ear, her giggle making him smile again.

"Lemme take you home..." He drew back, giving her a look that meant WAY more than what he'd said.

Devyn - 23-11-2019 at 08:48 AM

I had a couple of shots at the bar. I'm finna play with that dick in the car...

Megan always spoke to her soul. And she was so accurate as Tre' kissed her back, the awkwardness of their moment before not even phasing him. She loved that about Tre'. He knew how to recover. The first date, a week without texts, some shit that wasn't even on him? Fuck...Everything he did was a fucking turn on and as Devyn offered a half-ass apology, she thought about the many ways she could truly apologize when he got her out of her clothes. Especially as his lips kissed behind her ear sending a shiver through her.

How did he always do that? Some combination of that voice and whatever he said and his lips on her skin always made her...Devyn moaned a little as he offered to take her home, pulling back so that she could see what he was asking. Yes...Obviously. Yes. She wanted to go home with him.

"I meannnn-," Devyn looked over at Minna. She'd come with a friend. And her friend certainly wasn't ready to leave just yet. They'd been here for what? Twenty minutes? She hadn't gotten to even enjoy herself behind Devyn's bullshit. But the look Minna was giving her said she would beat her ass for not leaving even before her mouth said it.

Devyn laughed, burying her face in Tre's chest. "Minna, I can't just-" she cut her off. A "yes, you can" leaving her before Devyn could even finish protesting. They came together! They were supposed to be leaving together. But Minna didn't see it that way. Shooing her and Tre' and assuring Devyn she'd be fine.

She pulled away from Tre' then, hugging her friends and making her promise. "Text me. In the car. When you get back to the building. When you get in the room-," she made eye contact then. "Text me."

Yeah...The liquor was kicking in...She was ready to go and Minna was making it easy...

Minna - 23-11-2019 at 10:12 AM

If Devyn didn't get her ENTIRE CUTE ASS out the door with Tre', Minna was going to have to remind her of the plan again! And what was the plan? The plan was "SELF FIRST". Not Koi. Not even Minna. HER. And if Devyn had to show out a little and leave Minna behind, shit. She should! And she was going to stick to the plan as Minna found herself shooing both Devyn and Tre' to do God knew what at his apartment. But one thing Minna did know? Devyn was going to remember this night differently. She wasn't going to think about Koi or their failed relationship! She was going to think about Tre's ability to breathe through his ears (Devyn's words...not Minna's).

"Okay, okay! Just go!" Minna said, laughing as Devyn hugged her and told her a MILLION times to make sure she let her know when she was home. She would...just because she promised. But Minna already knew she wouldn't get the text. She'd be..."distracted".

"And have fun..." She whispered, laughing again as Devyn turned back to Tre', his hand going back around her waist as he turned to Minna, considering her for a second.

"You good?" He asked, nodding his head her way.

"Look, I'm good. Devyn isn't the only one going home with a Kappa tonight..." She nodded, shooing him on, his smile widening. He chuckled, making eye contact with someone sitting in the section he'd previously been sitting in. He pointed to Minna, some type of completely silent communication happening quicker than she could process it.

"If you need anything, frat's got you. Okay?" He said, smiling as she nodded. He smiled wider when his attention focused back on Devyn.

"Good niiiiight!" Minna called after them, watching them walk towards the door.

YEP. It was about to be a good night for her, too.

It had NOT been a good night. An hour into the party, after Devyn and Tre' left, someone spilled a drink down the front of her dress (thank God it was vodka), and she'd gotten into it with some disrespectfully handsy nigga as OBVIOUSLY a bitch couldn't twerk to "Big Ole' Freak" in peace. THEN to top it off, she'd forgotten that she and Devyn had Uber'd to the event. THAT meant she'd have to Uber back to campus when she was ready to go...which was now. She sighed as she pulled her phone out of her clutch, pulling up the Uber app. The wait time was going to be ridiculous as EVERYONE was partying tonight. King Street was packed and parties were winding down, meaning everyone was looking for a ride. Prices were going up and a share ride was NOT the move as NO one was throwing up on the Louboutins she'd borrowed from Devyn...

Enzo - 23-11-2019 at 12:16 PM

The night was finally winding down. Enzo had gotten Koi to calm down and come inside. They hadn't ended up getting that drink as his homegirl's friend was by the bar and Enzo couldn't risk another run in. They'd spent most of the night clear on the other side of the club being distracted by other prospects and the girls that flocked to wherever his roommate was automatically. Enzo had been polite enough to a few, but he couldn't stop thinking about Minna the Muse...He also couldn't leave Koi alone long enough to find her and shoot his shot. Sure, he was chilling right now, but Enzo noticed the change in his demeanor every few minutes. He knew Koi was still thinking about his ex.

At least that was true until Courtney came around. Courtney with the big hair and the one dimple. She was a cute girl, for sure. And with the way she was all over Koi, it was obvious how that was going to go. So, they'd gotten out a few minutes ago and Enzo was giving his roommate a head start home so that they could take that shit to Koi's room and Enzo didn't walk in on him with some half naked girl on their living room couch...again.

He sighed, making the rounds as he left. Most of the football player's had left. They had a game tomorrow and had to be up at the ass crack of dawn to get ready, but Enzo wanted the extra face time. Speaking of which...He smiled as he passed an empty section. Well, empty save for one person.

"Minna the Muse-" he called her name, noticing the stress in her face as she stared at her phone. Why was she over here by herself? "You okay?"

Minna - 23-11-2019 at 02:51 PM

The night was officially horrible as the "ugly" lights turned on in the club, making Minna blink rapidly after being in the dark most of the night. Fantastic. She'd been sitting on that damn couch for nearly thirty minutes trying to find an Uber that would get her back to campus! Even the Uber share rides were packed. Ugh, she knew this was going to happen the second she sent Devyn off with Tre'. She didn't know ANYONE at this party and everyone she'd met that night had mysteriously disappeared. Looked like everyone (except HER) found someone to take home that night. She, on the other hand, only had Handsy McFuckface to brag about that evening...which wasn't saying much. And he must've had a couple of "friends" in the room, because after that scene? None of the Ques would come near her. Lovely.

She sighed again, thinking about her absolute lack of luck when she thought she saw someone approaching her. Considering that no one at this party even knew her name she knew they couldn't be about to talk to-

Minna the Muse... Her head snapped up as the deep voice said her name...well, the nickname that Devyn had given her the second Minna'd let her style her for an IG post. She smiled slowly, taking a moment to recognize the face. Gorgeous complexion, first of all. He looked like he was wearing warmed caramel. Second of all, the kindest eyes she'd seen in awhile. Oh!

"You're...Koi's friend..." She giggled a little.

"I don't think I caught your name..." That was because he didn't give it. Not that she'd been thirsting after an introduction when she met him as he looked like he was a man with a mission. And that mission seemed to be how to get Koi as far away from Devyn as he could before the man had a whole meltdown.

"I'm good...just a little...stranded."

Enzo - 23-11-2019 at 05:49 PM

Thank God for fucking favor! Enzo couldn't believe his luck as he happened upon Minna on his way out. It was fate that he see her again and finally properly introduce himself. Maybe get her phone number. Maybe get a date. Now that he wasn't trying to balance this Kappa shit, Koi and his bullshit, not getting into it with Tre' White...he could focus. On her. All he knew about her so far was that she was stunning and he was desperate for more. Oh. That and her name.

You're...Koi's friend... He nodded, his smile widening at her giggle. It was a sound he wanted to hear again as soon as it ended. "I'm Enzo-," he finally introduced himself, taking a seat next to her, careful about his distance. As a big dude, Enzo was always aware of how he came off to people. Police and women especially. This woman especially. She spoke again, responding to his question about the stress on her face and his smile dropped for the first time.

Stranded? How the fuck was she stranded? Again, why was she here by herself? She came with somebody. "What do you mean stranded? Where is your homegirl?" Devyn couldn't have left Minna in a club full of frat guys by her gotdamn self...He knew she didn't do that shit...

Minna - 24-11-2019 at 07:25 AM

Enzo. That was a cute name. Minna was pretty sure it stood for something and that Enzo, here, was a proud member of the "my name is either too long, too complicated, or too embarrassing to tell you...so just call me this" club. But she liked it. Oddly, Enzo fit him...and why the fuck was she so interested in breaking down his name? Especially when he'd just introduced himself and she was still grinning at him like an idiot.

"Enzo. I dig it." She said, watching as he took a seat next to her on the roomy couch. And roomy was necessary because Enzo was a "big boy"...in the best way. His thighs looked like the could crush watermelons...and Minna couldn't help but silently ask herself why she thought that was incredibly hot. And another thing about Enzo? He got "personal space". She peeped how he intentionally, but unknowingly made sure to give her the fifty feet she required from men she didn't fucking know. That was...polite. And less cringey than the night had been. And almost as if he heard Minna thanking the social gods for a person that knew how to mind their own space and business, Enzo asked what "stranded" meant, asking where her "homegirl" was. And by homegirl, she knew he meant Devyn...also known as his roommate's ex. Well. At least Enzo got "Minding His Business 101" half right...

"Well...my homegirl..." Minna started, sitting so that she was facing Enzo.

"...is off minding her business with Tre'." Okay, so maybe she was being a little...messy...but admitting that Devyn was with Tre'. But hey, maybe he'd tell his homeboy and secure the fact that her "homegirl" was really out here living for herself...which she completely deserved to do. Not to say that she knew the ends and outs of what happened with Koi and Devyn, but she knew what it looked like when someone would give their whole heart just to fix the half of someone else's.

"And I'm here..." She smiled a little. "...waiting for the Uber that's never coming..."

Enzo - 24-11-2019 at 08:45 AM

She was smiling at him. When she did it, her lips pulled at the corners and her dimples got so deep Enzo wasn't sure she could be real. And it was a genuine smile, reaching her big brown eyes and making her whole face somehow seem brighter. She was a fucking Disney princess and he was sure he had never seen a face so perfect. And she'd given that smile when he'd given his name.

She took it away as he asked her about where Devyn was. There was no reason for Minna to be stranded, at least not by herself. Where he was from, shit didn't go down like this. You came with your friend, you left with your friend. It was that simple. Hell, females didn't like going to the bathroom without one another so he couldn't understand Devyn not sitting here with her or neither of them sitting here because they were in the bathroom. That's how he knew the answer to his question before he asked it.

Enzo couldn't help but roll his eyes, chucking a bit at the audacity of Minna's so called "friend". She was "off minding her business with Tre'". "Of course she is-," oops. He watched Minna frown then and he hated that. He hadn't meant to say that out loud. But of course she was.

"Sorry. I say things a little too plain sometimes. But that's fucked up to me. She shouldn't have left you here..." Enzo didn't get it. Earlier that night, he'd basically had to drag Koi away from her and her new situation and watched him break down over this girl. Here Minna was going to bat for her even though Enzo hadn't accused her of anything when he asked where she was, he'd only really beein interested in why she wasn't with her friend. Two people, willing to stand up and break down for this Devyn chick and Enzo didn't get why. She seemed selfish.

He'd peeped the hug between Koi and his ex. That wasn't a "we broke up and we're cool with it" hug. Both of them seemed to melt together for that brief moment before Tre', and if Enzo could see that without much trouble, surely Devyn knew Koi felt it. She was stringing him along. And now Minna was here by herself? While Devyn was off sack chasing? That wasn't a friend he'd want in his circle, but...different strokes he guessed.

"Nah-," Enzo stood again, "You don't have to wait for an Uber. I'm going back to campus now. Ride with me?"

Minna - 24-11-2019 at 11:27 AM

Of course she is- OOP! What was that? Minna couldn't help the frown of confusion that crossed her face for a second. It was quick, but she was sure Enzo noticed, his explanation coming soon after his hi-key reckless words. He said things a little too plain, huh? Oh, she would've never guessed that by the completely FORWARD way he told her that her roommate was completely wrong for leaving her behind. And Minna hated that. The double bias? How was it perfectly okay for Enzo to be standing there, chatting her up, sans friends in the vicinity just like she was and...his boy wasn't with him? Actually, Minna had seen him slip out earlier with that gorgeous, one-dimpled girl, Whitney! Courtney? Something with a "ney" at the end of it? Whatever her name was, she had them going crazy on campus. Hell, even Minna had given her a double take! And Koi was long gone with her...while Enzo was busy judging Devyn's life.

"I get you. But she's a big girl...so am I. I'm good..." She said simply, smirking. She left off the part about Koi leaving him to be balls deep in a girl on purpose. Some people weren't ready for the truth. And the truth was, Minna wasn't twelve. Devyn wasn't her chaperone. And he was madd aggy. Cute, but aggy.

And... Mr. Aggy was offering her a ride? Part of her wanted to argue with him. Wanted to tell him that she could get herself back to campus without assistance from him. But...something...way deep down also said "get the fuck in his car". She didn't know what it was. Because she'd just met this guy. And she sure didn't know him well enough to jump in his car...truck...something with wheels. He seemed sweet (outside of the slightly misogynistic shade) and he kept...looking her. Like, really looking at her, his eyes almost searching every inch of her...being every time he looked her way. It was weird. It was intriguing...

"Yeah...okay." She said softly, feeling her cheeks warm as that steady gaze caught her up. Was she fuckin' blushing?!