Mood: post in da back...

[*] posted on 18-5-2011 at 11:36 AM
KRU Student Health Clinic

Servicing the students of KRU.
Free condoms and STD tests available

Milicent

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 14-6-2011 at 05:20 AM

Sitting out in that waiting room while Ash was in the back was not doing good things for Milicent's conscience. It seemed like the second they walked through the glass doors of the clinic and the sterile smell of "doctor" hit her nose, it became a little more "real". She'd totally trashed this poor guy's foot! And she could do nothing, as she sat, glancing around nervously at the people entering and exciting, but hope that they didn't have to amputate it! Okay, that was stupid. She'd just dropped a book on it. But worse case scenario, it was broken and that was enough. Ugh, she was never going to be able to sit there and just wait until he got finished in the back. But there was no way she was getting back there, especially with the nurses from Hades guarding the door! The reminded her of Cerberus, but not three headed. The drooling and snarky barking applied.

"Excuse me, miss?" She said, walking up to the patient windows. "Is there anyway..." With a sharp glance, the attendant at the window shook her head, almost as if she already knew the ridiculous question that Milicent was about to ask.

"Only relatives and family behind those doors." With an exasperated groan, Milicent turned around and walked back to her chair. There went any chance of making sure that they weren't putting him out and cutting off his totally useless foot back there. Looked like she would have to play the waiting game and hope that it wasn't too bad. The walk to the clinic had been fun, despite having to carry Ash most of the way. And the boy was heavy. Heavier than he looked. The conversation had been nice too, jokes flying back and forth between the two. But Milicent couldn't shake his last question to her, a challenge of sorts. What WAS his type? It was kind of difficult figuring him out as he was kind of...different from what one would normally find at KRU. Well...then again, what WAS normal? Milicent was the LAST person to say, really.

So, all that she could do now was wait! Or...scheme a way to get back there with Ash if he didn't turn up soon!

Ever wish that John Hughes filmed, produced and directed your life?
Milicent

[*] posted on 19-6-2011 at 07:54 PM

The minutes ticked by and Ash still hadn't shown up! What were they doing back there? Giving him a blood transfusion because they had to amputate his foot? Oh, that would have been perfect! As if it wasn't already completely bugging her that he was back there by himself? Not like he was a child that incapable of sitting in a doctor's office alone, but at least it would've made her feel like less of a book crushing creep if she could've been in the back with him. Taking the edge off of what was probably an unpleasant visit, considering the nurses were asses. And if his nurse was anything like the Guardian of the Almighty Door had been, Milicent was sure that she would feel even guiltier. And not to mention that the student clinic was so busy that day that she was sure they'd be in there all evening. Maybe she should've taken him to the hospital instead? Well, with her quick thinking, the inept student clinic seemed more logical, she guessed. Not the greatest decision. Not at all.

Flipping through the ages old People magazine that she was sure was sporting the image of Burt Reynolds on the front, she sighed heavily again, looking to the front desk and catching the eye of the nurse that would NOT let her in the back. Too loud for her? Oh, rats! Milicent did not care. If she had let her in the back, she wouldn't have to DEAL with her and her loud sighing in the first place! Nor her incessant foot tapping and definitely not the worried glances towards the door. Thankfully, her attention was diverted form Milicent as a couple walked into the clinic together, coming quickly to the counter and probably asking for the "morning after" pill, condoms or something else completely skank worthy. Milicent huffed again and looked back into the magazine, her eyes falling on a "thigh master" advertisement. With all of the money that she and other students paid in tuition, the school couldn't afford some new magazine subscriptions? Tragic, really.

Wait. Wait! The nurse's attention was diverted! That meant that Milicent could slip easily by with her stealthy ninja-library aid skills and make it back to Ash! Genius! With a small cough, Milicent got up and made her way to the water fountain beside the door to the back. She took quick steps, purposefully avoiding the line of sight of the nurse behind the admittance desk. Without even stopping at the water fountain, she pulled the door open and slipped into the back. Easy enough! Now, to find Ash!

Milicent

[*] posted on 21-6-2011 at 04:59 PM

Um, where WAS he? Oh hell. Milicent gulped as she stood at the door she'd just walked through, feeling it swing shut behind her. She had about two seconds before the guard dog...er...er nurse that she'd evaded only seconds before noticed that the redhead that had been sitting in the waiting room was no longer there. Hopefully, she'd think Milicent had left...instead of sneaking off into the back. Still, there was only time until one of the nurses that sat at their desk writing reports, recorded stats, and basically ignored her, took notice to the wandering, lost looking girl walking aimlessly around and started asking questions. And the last thing that Milicent needed was questions. Well, she'd do for one more question. A very specific one, in fact. The one that Ash had asked her. She STILL had no idea as to what his taste in girls would be! But that was the least of her worries. Her main one was finding...

Oh! There he was! Giggling quickly at Ash's hilarious greeting, she ducked quickly into his room, pulling his chair backwards into the room before she closed the door and leaned against it. "Hush you. Before they find us out! We can't keep sneaking around like this, Ash!" Again she laughed quietly before she walked to the medical cot and sat on it, hearing the paper scrunching underneath her. Looking around the room, she couldn't help but wonder how long he'd been sitting back there, waiting on one of the subpar nurses to come and actually check out his foot before it rotted away from the ankle.

"Pretty sweet wheels you got there..." Milicent said, nodding at Ash's chair. "I'm guessing you've been wheeling around in that chair to amuse yourself. Haven't you?"

Milicent

[*] posted on 24-6-2011 at 08:19 PM

Ha! If her father found out that she was in a room with a boy who wasn't her brother and wasn't gay, he would leap for joy and probably break out into a Gershwin number, the Broadway choreography to match. Jazz hands and everything. Because no Broadway production was truly "Broadway" without the jazz hands. Either way, the fact of a sultry affair with someone...like Ash would've been mystifying. Milicent wasn't the "date a guy" type. She'd seen the friend zone so many times that she was sure that she had a time share property there. But it was okay! No big deal! Or that was what she kept telling herself while she was busy being befriended. With a laugh, she kicked her feet quietly against the metal casing on the cot, her accusation of Ash's entertainment with the rolling chair meant for the doctor on her lips.

"Ash..." She smirked, laughing at his dramatic answer. "It's a clinic. It's only so big!" Although the size of it didn't do much for her incognito status, nearly getting stopped by two nurses on the way into his room. Yet, she was successful! If he hadn't been in the hallway, she would've still been looking for him, even if the clinic WAS only so big! Laughing again at Ash's humor, she cocked her head, her cheeks growing a little red at his...interesting names for her Superhero persona. Granted she totally needed one as she'd alluded the ninja nurses and snuck into his room with such prowess and skill, one WOULD THINK her other worldy.

"Red Hot? Really? Are you trying to say that I'm HOT?"

Milicent

[*] posted on 28-6-2011 at 12:20 PM

Oh, she saw it alright! The flustered expression on his face? The words that just couldn't seem to come out the right way? Ha! Milicent had embarrassed him! Well, it was Ash with all that "you're red hot" talk! Just remembering his comment had her a little...hell, now she was getting flustered. The familiar, hot that had been rising to her cheeks all damn day was starting up again! Now they were both a couple flustered, blushing idiots. Looking away from his shocked expression, she watched her feet, still kicking against the metal of the medical cot beneath her. Okay, so maybe it wasn't a big deal that someone could possibly, maybe, sorta kinda think she was..."hot"? Who was she kidding! It was a massive deal. One that made her almost regret sitting directly in front of him as the hot in her cheeks would not subside! And Ash was about to make matters worse by answering her question! Ha, full speed ahead, she guessed!

So he wanted to be difficult, huh? He'd tell her if she told him what his type was? How the hell was she supposed to know that? He was some guy that she'd just met and if he hadn't noticed, she wasn't a mind reader! Alright, maybe she was just annoyed because she couldn't guess who the almighty, Captain Library was attracted to. She wasn't a good guesser! She sucked at guessing games! She could remember the numerous car trips she'd taken with the family, playing "I Spy" and she NEVER spied the correct thing!

"Um...okay?" Yet, she still agreed to the game she would surely lose. And that would mean...telling Ash how attractive...he thought SHE though he was. Tongue twister? Perhaps. "Wait a minute. And how are you so SURE that I think you're hot anyway?"

Milicent

[*] posted on 30-6-2011 at 01:03 PM

Ah, so this "Ash" character believed that he had Milicent beat? Very funny. His sarcastic confidence was completely obvious, but hilarious and oddly, it made Milicent smile. Which was rare when it came to flirting guys...when they did flirt. Men tended to look over her and when they finally decided to pay attention, most of the ones that wanted to pay attention were complete douchejugglers. Yes, douchejugglers. Ash wasn't one of those, at all. Matter of fact...he was kind of...adorable. With all of his stupid jokes. And...and dammit, he was sort of right. He did know that she thought he was a little cute. Fortunately, she didn't have to tell him that. THAT fact, he wouldn't know if she could help it.

"I HAVE looked at you." She said, her fingers tapping on the crinkling paper, feigning boredom with the conversation. Horribly feigning, actually. It was almost comical. "And let me just say that 'eh'?" Turning her nose up at him, she laughed loudly, covering her mouth when she remembered where she was. He was right about one thing, the sarcasm and the intelligence, even if it was in jest. He was a pretty smart guy, but his wit was probably frighting to girls that used 1/4 of their brain, as opposed to half.

"And I'm in here because I'm saving you from yourself, thank you." Smiling, she watched him play with the reflex hammer, just counting down the seconds before he accidentally "knee-jerked" himself and ended up kicking over the entire surgical pain that he'd gotten the instrument from! It would be very Dick Van Dyke of him. Adorably Dick Van Dyke.

"Okay, Mr. ASSumption. You're on." Steadying herself on the cot, she squinted her eyes at him and thought carefully. "You...are...gay?" HA. Buuuuurn.

Milicent

[*] posted on 4-7-2011 at 06:49 PM

With a shrug, Milicent's laughs blended with Ash's after her amazing deduction of his homosexual status. It was really...refreshing. The fact that Ash was cool enough to laugh at himself? It was nice. Unlike some of the guys that would've started yelling at the top of their lungs, pounding their chest and humping things as soon as their sexuality was challenged. Ash just, went with it. And even gave a horrible imitation that proved that he was anything BUT gay! Her shoes didn't go with her shirt? Wow. They went perfectly well with her shirt, thank you very much! Anyone with a little boy love in them would've seen that. Which proved her point exactly.

"Eh, I change my mind. You CAN'T be gay. Because I am all fashion, baby!" with a flip of her hair, she giggled again and smiled at what came next. A compliment. She was smart, was she? Yes, she was the Queen of Witty-dom and the Lady of Sarcasm-shire. What was new? Had he never gotten a reply that good? Well, apparently he hadn't...even though, obviously, she wasn't correct. Milicent couldn't say that she wasn't surprised, especially if he'd been playing this little game with the complete dunderheads on this campus.

"Oh! I'm not right. Shoot. I was so sure I was." Avoiding an answer? Of course she was. How in the world was she supposed to guess his type when she barely knew him! But in all fairness, she would try again, whether Ash let the comment slide or not.

"So, to keep from having to say how 'red hot' you are, even though you can't be red hot...you don't have an OUNCE of red on you, sir..." She leaned forward, balancing her elbow on her knee and looked to the ceiling. "I'll guess again. I'm thinking...you like 'Mary Jane' kind of girls? You know, Spiderman's girlfriend? Cute, funny, not va-va-voom, but definitely has the 'aw' factor?" Oh hell. Mary Jane Watson?! Really? She was a red head! Shit!

Milicent

[*] posted on 6-7-2011 at 12:26 PM

Sucking fuck! She really didn't mean her! As in SHE was his type! It was just a guess! A really personal guess, but just a guess. Completely thoughtless though. Mary Jane?! Her brother was the king of Comics, often times forcing her to join in on his endless conversations about them, and the only comic chick she could think of was a witty red head? Oh, she was just asking for it. And really, she hadn't meant to make it seem like she was saying they should date, or something. Not that they shouldn't! But not that they...or she...wanted them to! Her face HAD to have been matching the color of her hair as she sat there, staring at Ash like an idiot. Thankfully, her thoughts were just that. Thoughts! Or she would've really been sticking her foot in it!

"I didn't-" Pausing, she clamped her lips shut, an embarrassed smile there as she looked down at her lap and laughed silently at herself. Oh, that was great. She probably sounded like one of the big boobed idiots that she was sure he'd played this same game with before. And stupidly, they probably said themselves, hoping that that would start in some massive flirt fest that ended with his hands on their tits. "I didn't necessarily mean to make it sound..." Before she could finish, Ash was telling her how she'd won! Wow. Really? Well! Guessing game won! Go her! And in her silent gloating, she almost didn't hear his next question. Her prize? Gloat party on hold, she looked at him, smiling.

"Eh, I already know you think I'm Red Hot, so I require another prize, Oh loser of guessing games." Jumping down from the cot, she circled his chair, her hands on her hips. "But what, oh what do I want?"

Milicent

[*] posted on 6-7-2011 at 07:07 PM

World Peace? Invincible hair gel? Ha. Ash was definitely a funny one. Although his hair had some amazing staying power, neither of those things were anywhere CLOSE to what she wanted from the mighty Captain Library. It was amazing that she'd even won his little guessing game, so her prize was definitely bigger than world peace. Please. Anyone could achieve that! No, this was going to be worthy of having beat the almighty Library champion at his own game. It was like figuring out the riddle of a Sphinx. Yes, THAT epic. Eternal love? Wow. All she had to do was guess his type and she could get that? It certainly seemed like it didn't take much to please this guy. Instead of laughing at his cute offer of his heart, Milicent's face grew playfully incredulous, her lips pursing at his offer.

"Hey now, sir." She said, crossing her arms as he swiveled around to face her, his eyes meeting hers. "Don't offer things that you're not willing to give." To be such a book defender, she was starting to see that his alter ego was a big flirt. It wasn't too bad, those clear blue eyes on her. Although all that flirtin' was sure to bring on a whole new round of blushin' at any moment. Playfully, her smirk growing by the second, Milicent avoided his eyes and redirected hers to the ceiling, the popcorn-ed finish just the thing to avert her attention on him...and make him wait. Stew in the curiosity that she saw building in his face.

"Scared?" A little gasp came as she leaned against the counter and sink that the doctor's used before visiting with their patients. "Now, why would you be afraid of little ole' me?" Oh, it wouldn't be THAT bad. She wasn't one of those femme fatales that jumped a guy when he was down...or crippled. That just wasn't her style! And by "that", she definitely meant the whole "jumping" thing. Her style was more or less being overlooked and becoming the best friend WHEN noticed. That was how she rolled...whether she liked it or not.

"No, not possible. Especially when all I want is..." Pausing dramatically, she walked towards Ash, her arms behind her back. "Your rolly chair. Move it or lose it!" With a laugh she grabbed his hands and pulled him from the chair, letting him put his weight on her as she took him to the cot, the paper crunching underneath his weight as he sat down.

"Besides, the doc is probably going to want you on the cot, anyway. It'll be easier to examine you when you're stationary and not rolling all over the place!"

Milicent

[*] posted on 7-7-2011 at 03:56 PM

Stealing a page out of Ash's book, Milicent spun in a slow circle on the rolling chair that she'd won, fair and square. She could see why he'd spent most of his time, waiting for his doctor in the examination room, wheeling around in it. And too bad for him, he lost his beloved chair. Guess he should've played hard...or maybe he shouldn't have let Milicent win that easy! Now the chair was hers and she was thoroughly enjoying it, even as she watched Ash's jealous eyes follow her across the floor of the room. And...blushing? What was that about? Before she could really think about what she'd done or said to cause his cheeks to redden, he was answering her and asking her about...HA! Thinking about the doctor examining him? Not exactly. With a sarcastic smirk, she wheeled back to the cot, swiveled around and placed the back of the chair next to where Ash sat.

"First of all, ew?" Laughing, she looked up into Ash's face, his clear, blue eyes flickering excitedly. "Second of all, anything that goes on between you and the doc is definitely not my business!" Her dirty mind? More like his, as he was the one bringing up his fantasy of his examination being on her mind. "So it's YOU Mr. Harper. You dirty boy, you." With an exaggerated, Marilyn Monroe purr, she laughed again and pushed away from the table, taking that moment to rub in the fact that she had his beloved chair held captive. He'd think twice the next time he called her mind "dirty".

"Oh. Yeah..." She hadn't thought about the doctor entering the room and finding them both together, her wheeling around, him on a scrunch cot! Indecent? Oh my, yes! "I'm sure we'll be fine. You don't seem the type to worry. Besides...this is a college campus. I'm sure the good doctor has seen MUCH worse!"

Milicent

[*] posted on 7-7-2011 at 06:20 PM

Milicent wasn't USE to all those boy hormones that were floating around in the room! Sure, she had a little brother, so "boy" wasn't completely foreign to her! But, "boy" that wasn't related to her? Totally foreign ground. With a scoff, she gave Ash a tiny nudge. His comment about her lusting after him made her blush. Thank goodness for that damn swiveling chair or he would've seen her cheeks go another color for the fiftieth time that day! Lusting? Milicent never really...lusted...after anything. Except maybe onion rings. Especially the ones they sold at Surfside. Those things were incredible. But never guys. Never. And even though she thought that Ash was kind of...cute, she definitely wasn't thinking about anything below his face...and definitely not below his clothes. Silently, she smiled at him as her chair revolved around to face him.

"Ha. You WISH, Mr. Harper and of COURSE I'm right. Redheads are always right." Only reply she could muster? Yeah pretty much. It was better than sitting there and blushing like a fool...which didn't look like it was out of the question with his stupid comments that still made her face flush! Nothing about his foot was sexy, especially not now that she'd crushed it with the heaviest book known to man and probably caused it turn all sorts of shade combinations of purple and blue! Even though, he was still adorable, even with his horrible jokes that still made her laugh and then those clear eyes that kept glimmering with mischief with every comment.

"What? Ash!" With a hearty laugh, Milicent stopped swirling the chair and looked at Ash incredulously. Did he just...hit on her? And with such a horrible come on? Oh, it was awful! Doubling over, held her stomach, laughing silently. "That was fucking horrible, man. Horrible...but kind of cute. I think." Her gaze set on him and shifted just as quickly.

Milicent

[*] posted on 9-7-2011 at 04:35 PM

Was Ash really doing that!? Was he asking her out? Oh sweet baby Jesus and Tom Cruise magic too. Milicent couldn't even move for a second. Yep, the complete shock that a guy, who wasn't one-eyed or completely into his own dick, asked her out? Right on time. Without an answer, Milicent bit her lip, looking away from him again and slowly spun in the swivel chair, trying to think of her answer before she gave it to him. Was it really that hard? Ash was a nice guy. He was hilarious funny and she had laughed more in the last couple of hours with him than she had with any guy that had crossed her path, well besides her father. That guy. Was it kind of odd that she was thinking about her dad in the middle of contemplating a guy she might or might not date? Yeah, ew. But weighing the odds, what would it hurt? It was just a simple date, no promises, no strings attached. Totally unexpected, but not really...a bad thing, right? No! Of course not! Even though her last date had ended...not so happily...this was different! Ash was different.

"I didn't say YOU were cute, per say..." Nope, she wasn't talking herself out of that comment. But it wasn't untruthful, he should know that. All the blushing she was doing? Gah, she looked like a stop light! Red flashing up every five minutes! It was embarrassing really, but if she blushed with any guy, at least it was someone like him. A guy like Ash was a dime a dozen, seriously. Guys who didn't take it too much to heart that a girl was...okay, she'd admit it, kind of "into him".

"Well, maybe...enough for a date. Hmmm, I don't know." She joked, pursing her lips as she swayed in the chair, left to right, moving it in a half circle. Ah! Now he was guilting her into a date?

"Wow, pathetic Captain Library. Guilt?" With a laugh, she nodded and narrowed her eyes. "But it worked. What do I get out of the deal, though?"

Milicent

[*] posted on 11-7-2011 at 01:18 PM

Wow. They were going out. On a date. An actual date with dinner and possibly a movie? Did people do dinner and movies anymore! People probably went parasailing and then, wrestled tigers or something. Yeah, that's how long it had been since her last date. The hell! She sounded like a forty-year-old divorcee on her first date since the "separation". Hiding her excitement would be the task at hand as she noticed she was spinning Ash's chair with a bit too much "zest", she reddened in the cheeks, slowing the chair at his comment. Oh, really? It should've been an honor? Hilarious. She was so pleased that his humor never faltered.

"An honor? Reeeally. Captain Library?" Scooting the chair closer to him, she spun once, her eyes staying on him. "I think that YOU should feel honored. Captain. You are going out with the one and only Red Hot. Yes, there are other Reds...but only one Red Hot. And I must say, my favorite movie and song are going for more on the black market than your measly favorite color." Laughing, she spun again, hearing the door crack open, the face of one of the stern faced, overworked campus doctor emerging on the other side.

"I guess we'll have to finish this conversation when you're all checked out." She whispered, a apologetic grimace on her face as the doctor was probably wonder what the hell she was doing on his chair in the first place. Ruffling Ash's perfectly gelled hair before she walked to the door, she turned around and waved.

"Later, Captain." She said, smiling as she backed out of the door and closed it.

Go To Top