Author: Subject: Living Room & Kitchen
Koi

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 6-12-2019 at 10:03 AM
Living Room & Kitchen

Koi

[*] posted on 6-12-2019 at 04:10 PM

Koi inhaled deep as he left his room, the communal space of their dorm apartment smelling like what Koi imagined Southern heaven be like. The universe had done its fucking thing in making Enzo his suite mate...oh, and the same with White Jared...whose name wasn't even Jared, but Koi didn't give a fuck. The dude was never there and even though he wouldn't TELL Koi where he bought them, he ALWAYS put a couple of boxes of Twinkies in the pantry. Koi fucking loved Twinkies. Either way, Enzo was doing his damn thing at the stove and Koi was doing what he did best...waiting for the food to be finished.

"Are you seriously not done cooking yet? I was in the bathroom for thirty whole minutes." He muttered, a smile spreading across his face as he watched Enzo's back tense at his words, his eyes cutting at Koi from over his shoulder. Koi laughed as he plopped onto the sofa, his feet going up onto the coffee table.

"I'm kidding! Be easy..." His hands went up in mock surrender as he pulled out his phone out of his pocket, checking for a text from Devyn. Not that she was supposed to text him as Enzo had given Minna all the information they'd needed to get into the building and find their room. He guessed he was just excited. This "friendsgiving" shit (which Enzo refused to call it considering that "friend" wasn't the f-word he was trying to do when it came to Minna) was actually a good idea. Not that Koi had problems with it when Enzo dropped the idea of inviting Devyn and Minna over for a pre-Thanksgiving meal. Anything that gave him free food and a reason to invite Devyn over was good with him. But Koi could admit he was lowkey nervous. It would be the first time that he and Devyn would be really hanging since the game. They'd had a good time with Stacy and Salice at the game, but this was different. It would be he and Devyn hanging the way they use to...but not really. Not really the same.

"You about to cook all the food in the kitchen for Minna or..." Koi asked, his words met by the sound of Enzo sucking his teeth, his annoyance making Koi laugh again. Enzo had been on edge since he'd started cooking that morning. If he didn't know better, he'd say his boy was nervous. That or...he was thinking about his mom again. Koi felt that, which was why he'd been trying to get a laugh out of him. A reaction. Anything. Anything to get his mind off of his mom and her absence this Thanksgiving.

it's gonna get difficult to stand,
but hold your balance...

Enzo

[*] posted on 6-12-2019 at 04:58 PM

Enzo had barely left the kitchen since morning. Today was important to him and he wanted it to be right. Minna had agreed to come for their mini-Thanksgiving (he refused to call it "friendsgiving") and even though her bringing her homegirl was a little annoying, Enzo was willing to look past it to be in her presence. Besides, Koi had been hype about homegirl coming over since Enzo brought it up. Chet, or Brad, or whatever the fuck had bounced earlier in the week so the suite was theirs for the night. And it was going to be a good one.

Enzo's eyes rolled as Koi asked again if he was done yet. He was ignoring his gluttonous ass. For a skinny dude, Koi was a fucking garbage disposal. He ate everything and had a real sweet tooth.He'd known even without asking his roommate that hosting the mini-TG was going to be okay as long as Enzo said there was food. And of corse there was. This was his Super Bowl. Well...his and hers. That had been getting to him all day too. Enzo loved to cook, but having to hear "pour until the ancestors tell you to stop" in his head over and over as he seasoned things or put together her sweet potato souffle was...he missed her...it was also kind of funny because now she was an ancestor...

Shaking his head clear, Enzo put the top on the smothered chicken so it could simmer to finish and they would be ready. He'd kept the menu light, the smothered chicken, green beans, stuffing, of course that sweet potato souffle (he couldn't take doing a pie without her). Minna had hit him and told him Devyn had insisted on bringing a dish, so she'd claimed mac and cheese (he could only pray she hadn't fucked that up). Yeah...this was good. They were -

He heard Koi call to him from the living room again and he sucked his teeth. "Listen, did I bother you while you were getting pretty for homegirl or nah?" he chuckled then, wiping his hand on a kitchen towel and checking his watch. "I'm gonna change my shirt real quick-," they were both doing color today which was a welcome change of pace from the black, grey, and white they both had been on for the past month and a half. "Can you listen out for the-," he was cut off by a knock. Shit. Without words Enzo disappeared to his room for a quick change while Koi got the door.

Time to kick this shit off.

I'm so down for you.
I see you from the inside.
Minna

[*] posted on 6-12-2019 at 05:51 PM

"Dev, you're doing it again." Minna hissed between her teeth as they walked down Enzo and Koi's corridor. Minna didn't know how Devyn kept finding a way to fidget with her outfit and hair WHILE carrying the foil tray of baked mac and cheese. The mac and cheese that Minna'd gotten her hands popped with a wooden spoon earlier when she'd tried to sneak some, by the way. Somebody was nerrrrvouuuus... And it wasn't Minna! Even as Devyn insisted that she was "fine", Minna saw it for what it was. She'd changed outfits more times than Minna had (only twice, thank you very much) and she'd cycled between five shades of red lipstick to settle on the one she'd started with! Minna didn't get it. Devyn and Koi had known each other for YEARS and Devyn was the one who was nervous? This was Minna's second date with Enzo, for goddess' sake and she was barely breaking a sweat. She should've been a bundle of nerves, pulling at those couple of curls that her fingers couldn't take a break from whenever she was near him. Not the case though, one hand carrying the cute little handbag she'd found at Junkman's Daughter last week, the other holding a bottle of Grey Goose.

"You look gorgeous, okay?" She muttered, their steps slowing as they found room 418 in the very posh residence hall. She looked at Devyn meaningfully, her lips pursing as Devyn gave her hair one last push behind her shoulder...and then back over it. Rolling her eyes, she knocked on the door and watched it open almost as soon as she'd knocked.

Because I'm what? Sickening...

Devyn

Mood: Stressed

[*] posted on 6-12-2019 at 06:37 PM

Devyn sighed as Minna scolded her. She knew she was doing it again, but she couldn't help it! Devyn could admit that she was nervous about this little Friendsgiving Enzo had cooked up. Literally it seemed as he had done almost all of the cooking. Devyn wasn't raised to show up to show up to things empty handed so she'd made macaroni and cheese, something classic...and Koi's favorite.

"I'm fine, Minna-," she didn't know why she was getting first date vibes when she wasn't on a date PERIOD. Minna was though. Despite her and Koi being invited as buffer, this was definitely Minna's second date with Enzo. And the first one had gone so well! Minna said she'd had fun and he was charming and...gentlemanly...whatever the fuck she meant by that. Minna'd made a few other assumptions Devyn wasn't sure about but she guessed she'd get to know her muse's new boo tonight. That would give her something to focus on that wasn't Koi...not that she was as focused on him as Minna was making her out to be! Sure, she'd changed her outfit a few times, but so had Minna and the lipstick was hard to match just right with this skirt! And...okay...she would admit it.

"Thank you, sugar-," she smiled then taking a second to be honest. "I haven't...spending time with him like this is...it's a little weird..." she let her words trail off as they approached the door. 414. 416. "But I promise not to mess up your cute date with my brother-in-law with my bullshit." She giggled then, watching Minna give her the look she always gave when Dev teased her about Mr. Perfect. Minna told her she looked gorgeous and she smiled.

"Not as good as you. Enzo's gonna lose it." Minna ignored her and knocked and Devyn smiled, expecting Enzo. But it wasn't him. Dev watched as Koi greeted Minna first ushering her inside before turning toward Devyn. "You...you I've been waiting for all day-," Devyn rolled her eyes, the true object of his affection clear to her as he was always like this. She held the pan in front of her and he took it, muttering his sweet nothings as he walked away from the door toward the kitchen.

"Hello to you too, Koi. So happy to see you." Her tone was dry as she stepped inside and closed the door behind her.

I'm taking my time.
I'm doing it right.
Self-Love. Self-Care. Selfish.
Minna

[*] posted on 6-12-2019 at 07:02 PM

Minna laughed as she hopped out of the way just quick enough to not get mowed down by a mac and cheese totting Koi. Apparently, Koi really loved Devyn...'s mac and cheese. He'd moved Minna aside so fast to get to it, she'd barely had time to see him in light that was brighter than the dimly lit club she'd seen him in when they first met. He was definitely cute...and color looked better on him than the black both he and Enzo were sporting that night. Mentioning Ezno, where was he? She guessed he was somewhere in the apartment that doubled as a dorm suite (the hell were they paying for this place), so she made her way to the couch, Devyn sitting beside her, watching Koi as he body rolled his way to the kitchen, wafting the smell of the dish to his face.

"Dev...you out fucking did yourself again." He said, crossing the threshold from the kitchen to the living room space, his eyes finally processing Devyn and Mina for the first time.

"My bad. I was probably rude as fuck...blame Dev's mac and cheese. What's up, Muse?" Koi sat on the arm of the couch, closest to Devyn. And even though he was speaking to Minna, his eyes kept drifting to Devyn...which was completely understandable as half of her incredibly shapely thigh was on display. Minna'd made her settle on that skirt and they'd made a fantastic choice.

"Sup, Koi." Minna smiled as he barely registered her greeting, his eyes on Devyn as he nudged her.

"Sup, Hips." He smiled widely as Devyn rolled her eyes him, a return greeting and an equally wide smile on her lips. Hips? Okay...Minna could tell that they nickname carried a VERY interesting backstory as their eye contact lingered a little longer than she thought PLATONICALLY possible.

"So...where's your roommate, Koi?" Minna asked, placing the Grey Goose bottle and her purse on the coffee table. As if he'd planned it that way, what Minna assumed was Enzo's bedroom door opened, his tall frame stepping through the door, buttoning his shirt.

And...was her mouth open?

Enzo

[*] posted on 7-12-2019 at 04:34 AM

Enzo pulled off the t-shit he'd been cooking in and shrugged on his yellow button up. He'd almost forgotten what he looked like in non-neutral colors. This Kappa shit was killing him and it really hadn't even started yet...but he wasn't stressing about that shit today. Today, he was gonna be comfortable in his own damn apartment and he was gonna give Minna a Thanksgiving to change her mind about holidays...at least this holiday. They didn't get too far into why she didn't like holidays, but he had plans to figure that out and more today.

He could hear their voices in the other room as Koi greeted the girls and struck up conversation...although what he heard wasn't making too much sense. Was he telling Devyn he'd been waiting for her all day? Didn't matter. Not as Minna's melodic laugh cut through the rest of what became background noise. He smiled to himself. Tonight was going to be good. Good and drama free as he'd made Koi promise not to start no shit with his homegirl...which it sounded like he was starting calling homegirl by her body parts. Enzo sighed, his fingers focused on buttoning as he crossed his room and pulled open the door just as Minna asked about him.

"What's up, y'all? How you doing?" His eyes of course found Minna's first and he could feel his smile grow. She was beautiful - her natural state of being - and he had only registered her face so far. She stood as he approached her for a hug and...bless up. Enzo's arm went around her waist as he pulled her body into his, trying to put a filter on his thoughts.

"Minna. You look incredible, as always-," he pulled back reluctantly, not wanting to hold her for too long to save that curl she was always pulling on when he was around. He smiled at her as he gave her a little space before turning his attention to...homegirl. "Devyn. What's up?" As much as he wanted to say some slick shit about him being glad she could pull herself away from the jacket jacker long enough to join them, he didn't. No drama tonight.

"So-," he started, his hands clasping as he backed toward the kitchen, "I hope y'all came to eat. Koi shut up-," he chuckled knowing his roommate. "Whatever you want to say is not funny."

I'm so down for you.
Minna

[*] posted on 7-12-2019 at 06:20 PM

Yep...it happened. It finally happened. Her overzealous heart had figured out the most inopportune time to find the quickest way to the pit of her ass...all because he looked like that tonight. She was instantly nervous, her eyes blinking quicker than she knew was normal. How the hell was yellow his color?! Yellow wasn’t anyone’s color but Beyonce...okay, that wasn’t necessarily true. But damn. He looked a little different outside of the black and gray he usually wore. She noticed a little more about him. Like, how sculpted he looked. No, seriously. He looked like someone marble-carved him. He didn’t look like that in white tees and sweatpants. Like, how his skin was so caramel it looked like...warmed toffee. Like...how he really...REALLY looked good in yellow. And..

“Ow! Shit!” Minna hissed quietly, swatting Devyn’s fingers from their vice grip on her thigh. Did she just pinch her?! What the fu- oh… Quickly, Minna stood to her feet, breaking out of her thoughts of Enzo and his wardrobe choices just long enough to realize that Enzo was...asking for a hug? Not like they hadn’t hugged before. They’d hugged after their date at Fellini’s. But it’d been more of a “side-hug-thingy”? This hug wasn’t going to be the same. She could tell in the way Enzo was looking at her, his eyes taking her in like he was...memorizing her. And the way his hand wrapped around her waist, pulling her to him. She knew she melted into him as her arms wrapped around his torso, her hands pressing against his...very firm back. She bit her lip, the side of her face pressed against his chest and...no. Nope. NOPE! She was NOT hugging him in front of Devyn and Koi with THOSE thoughts running through her head.

“Thank you.” She said softly, her hand pressing against his...very muscular chest as they pulled away from each other.

“And you look...yeah. Yellow’s definitely your color.” Dammit. Really MINNA? Clearing her throat, she smiled up at him, snatching her still lingering hand from his chest. She couldn’t get back to Devyn soon enough, Enzo’s attention focusing on her instead as he greeted her.

Devyn

[*] posted on 8-12-2019 at 04:24 AM

She could totally do this. As Koi danced his way to the kitchen and she and Minna found themselves seats in the living room, Devyn told herself she could totally do this. Koi was being...normal (and annoying as usual), and she could be too. She was going to get through this night with her friend, Koi, her muse, Minna, and her soon to be boyfriend, Enzo, with zero instance of her past popping up. Having Koi back in her life didn't mean that much had to change. College was still a fresh start and their drama could keep becoming a distant memory...tonight it would have to at least. She would not fuck this up for Minna.

Devyn snapped out of her thoughts as Koi called her name from the kitchen letting her know she'd outdone herself again. "Kid, I know you didn't stick a damn spoon in that pan before we eat. I just know you didn't-," it was more likely he had, sure he was only out of sight for a minute, but it never took Koi long. And as he ignored her question to apologize for not properly greeting them, he kind of confirmed that he had.

She shook her head as he greeted Minna properly, coming to rest on the arm of the couch closest to Devyn. His eyes trailed up her body and Devyn felt her face warm under his gaze, a smirk on her lips as he finally called her pet name. She rolled her eyes, a soft "Hey-," getting out before that look stopped her words. Drawing in her bottom lip, Dev tried to quell her smile. She unconsciously shifted closer to him, as their eyes locked and...Koi's weren't saying things that friends usually said to one another. Fuck. And he was looking good now that he'd added some of his usual style to his recently muted wardrobe? Red had always been his color. And hers...

She wasn't going to be able to do this. They had been here for less than 5 minutes and already Devyn was consciously telling herself to keep it together because...his fucking lips were calling to her. Luckily, Minna was able to pull her out of the trance Koi put her in, asking about Enzo. Before he could answer one of the bedroom doors in their massive (by comparison to the small room she and Minna shared) apartment opened and Enzo emerged, looking very nice in a yellow button up. Not that Minna needed it, but Devyn approved! And Minna did as well, her mouth open a bit as she stared at him. Stuck.

Devyn couldn't help the short giggle that left her as Minna watch him come over for a hug...and that was all she did. Watch. Dev pinched her out of her daze and she stood, her body melting into his as he complimented her. Two more points for Enzo. Devyn had liked them together after hearing about the date, but seeing them together was adorable! Minna's voice was all weak when she finally pulled away from him, her touch lingering. Yeahhhh...her friend liked this one. She could tell as she sat back down, her arm weaving into Devyn's and giving her a squeeze.

"Hey, Enzo. Good to officially meet you-," because they hadn't done that. Se7en had been...something else and she'd only heard about him since. She felt like they were going to be fast friends though.

Devyn tried not to look back at Koi as Enzo invited them to eat. She was not centering their shit tonight. Tonight, she was here for Minna and her new boo getting closer.

I'm taking my time.
I'm doing it right.
Koi

[*] posted on 8-12-2019 at 06:31 AM

If Koi had a chance before he fell into a food coma, he was going to tell Enzo that Friendsgiving was a tradition now. The food had been amazing and the company wasn't too bad either, his arm going around the back of the couch where Devyn sat, his fingers tugging at a stray piece of her hair before she swatted his hand away, a playful scowl on her face before she turned back to the conversation she'd been having with Minna and Enzo. They were all kicking it. Shoes off, bellies full. Relaxing. The vibe was right. Especially between he and Devyn. He didn't know what to call it, but they'd been attached at the fucking hip all evening. They sat by each other at dinner, laughing and remember the good shit. And even though they were on some platonic shit, he couldn't help but feel that weightless feeling in his stomach when they touched. It didn't matter if she was slapping his hand away while he stole shit off of her plate...or if she was tugging at his curls, laughing at how long his hair was getting. He felt it. He missed it. He knew they were probably too comfortable with each other, but he didn't give a shit. He liked it...and maybe she did too.

"Enzo...nigga. Who the hell doesn't know about unbothered Omarion? Apryl? Fizz? Where the hell have you been? And this is why women don't like you..." Koi narrowed his eyes, shaking his head...and barely dodging one of the pillows from the couch. Enzo's eyes flitted to Minna nervously, almost as if he didn't mean to be that much of himself and the shit slipped out. Minna was too busy laughing to notice it, but Koi saw it...and he saw just how much Enzo dug her. Not that Enzo hadn't been interested in other females in the time they'd known each other. Hell, he'd brought a couple back to the dorm. But, Minna was different. Like, of course she was. Even Koi's eyes had lingered for a second (her entire top was sheer). But, there was something about how everything had to be perfect when it came to her. He'd asked Koi a million times about a movie choice before their first date. A MOVIE. It was simple. Just pick one. Really, Enzo really liked her...he smiled when she came around. Which was nice to see since Kappa had been collectively whooping both their asses. But the holiday was doing way more for Enzo...in the worst way.

"Minna, I don't know why you wastin' your time with this one. Lame ain't ya type, is it?" Another pillow flew through the air and this time, it made contact. Koi's face was coated in hilarious shock, his eyes rounded as his mouth fell open. And that time, everyone laughed.

"And on that note, I'm going to the kitchen to get some more mac and cheese...any takers?" Koi pointed around the room to see if anyone else might've been interested in being a total glutton with him.

"You don't have to ask me twice! Shit...that mac and cheese was on point." Minna spoke up, standing to her feet.

"That's what's up, Minna." Wrapping his arm over Minna's shoulder, they made their way to the kitchen, leaving Enzo and Devyn on the couch.

but hold your balance...

Enzo

[*] posted on 8-12-2019 at 08:50 AM

Enzo hadn't heard shit about Omarion since middle school. He had no idea what Minna, Koi, and homegirl were talking about but as far as he knew, Omarion still had an icebox where his fucking heart used to be...something about his baby momma and one of the other nameless dudes from B2K...who gave a shit? Plenty of people it seemed as they had been talking about it for the last half hour...but the night was still great. Dinner had been good. The vibe had been on point all night and he was touching her. The after dinner chill had Koi and his homegirl hugged up (like they had been all night low key) and he and Minna sitting real close. She'd tucked her feet when she sat initially, but Enzo had again asked her to relax. He suggested stretching out pulling her legs over his lap and she didn't protest. It was innocent, but closer than they had been on the first date. It was progress.

Progress Koi was trying to dead with his annoying ass jokes! Minna was laughing...albeit at his expense. He'd come to know how his boy was and honestly, they threw jabs at each other regularly. Koi was a funny dude. But women not liking him? In front of Minna?! Enzo beamed one of the throw pillows at him, but it went wide as he dodged. He wanted to tell Koi to go fuck himself but he couldn't. Besides what could he say? 'I got hos'? First off, he didn't. Secondly, he didn't want questions about the few chicks he'd spent a little time with since getting to KRU.

"Haha-," Enzo chuckled even though his tone conveyed how unamused he was. "You a regular John fuckin' Witherspoon, huh?" Koi tried him again, this time asking Minna directly if - nigga! This time the pillow he threw connected, landing in Devyn's lap as the group laughed. Koi excused himself after that for more food (what even?) and Enzo frowned a little as Minna joined him. A) He liked her being close to him but B) the two of them stepping out meant it was going to be he and homegirl alone for a minute. Ugh.

Look. She hadn't been a complete wash over the course of the night. She was a good conversationalist and the Kidd was obviously happy to have her here, but...Enzo knew who she was. The type of chick that would leave her friend alone at a frat party for a dude. That shit didn't sit well with him because it spoke to her character. That was why he'd been cordial all night with her and at least spoken when spoken to...he didn't want that now though. He knew if he talked too long to Minna's roommate, he was going to hurt her feelings.

His eyes drifted to the 50" Koi had bought for the suite to check the score of the game. Homegirl had decreed no TV during dinner (which was a rule his mom had had too). How she thought she ran shit in here was beyond him, but he'd complied and honestly, hadn't thought much about it what with Minna holding his attention...Mostly. As soon as they hit the couch he'd turned it on and muted it. He could do two things at once and he had been totally tuned in when it was the group. Now? He welcomed the distraction...Although homegirl wasn't taking his antisocial hints.

"Hey, I never thanked you for looking out for Minna that night at Se7en-," she started. Enzo looked up lazily as she continued. "I'm glad she ran into you...she is too." She smiled like she was telling him a secret and honestly, he appreciated it. She was telling him Minna liked him, and usually confirmation from a friend was good news...but this friend?

"Yeah. Somebody had to look out for her." He turned back to the TV then, feeling her eyes staring at him without looking her way.

"Excuse you?" Oh. She was dropping that phony shit now? She was done playing nice? Enzo shrugged, his eyes never looking from the TV as he elaborated.

"I said, somebody had to look out for her," he turned to her then, wanting to be clear about his beef as he looked her in her face. "Her friend wasn't. You left her at a frat party by herself." Enzo watched her face change from confusion to annoyance like he gave a fuck. She opened her mouth to say something else, but Minna and Koi reappeared and Enzo's attention easily shifted, his smile returning.

I'm so down for you.
Minna

[*] posted on 8-12-2019 at 04:20 PM

"Word? You know that bodega!?" Minna questioned Koi as they waited for their bowls of mac and cheese to finish warming in the microwave. The topic of discussion was the bodega that had been up the street from her aunt's building. The one she remembered from the years she'd stayed with her. It was the one with the little black and white cat named Malcolm? That was the one. How the fuck did Koi know that bodega? And why the hell was it up the block from where one of his aunts lived? The world was crazy small.

"Hell yeah. Use to get sour straws and shit from there whenever we visited...which wasn't too often. I don't even know how I remember that fuckin' cat." Koi laughed, the beep of the microwave cutting through their conversation as Koi checked the temperature on their food. He shook his head, putting another minute on the microwave and turned back to face Minna, a smirk on his lips. It was pretty weird how much she and Koi had in common. He dug Robyn (she didn't release her shit nearly as much as she should've). He liked old cars and Minna's first car had been a rusted out, shitty '84 Mustang, but she loved that car. And the bodega thing was just crazy, finding out that even though Koi was from Detroit, he spent a summer or two in the Bronx blocks away from where she lived. Not that she didn't think Koi was going to be cool people, but she hadn't paid him much attention outside of the fact that Devyn was still in love with his ass...which she made completely apparent by the way she kept finding reasons to touch him.

"That's fuckin' weird...but cool. Okay, I see you!" She said, hearing the microwave beep again. Koi pulled the bowls out again and handed her hers, both of them taking forkfuls before they even started making their way back to the living room.

"Good god..." Minna said, her words blending with Koi's "this shit though".

"Devyn did that..." She muttered in between chews, narrowing her eyes as she looked at Koi, whose focus was definitely on his bowl and not Minna.

"Speaking of Devyn...y'all are looking real comfortable out there." Koi's chew turned into a throat clear and a cough, a chest thump accompanying both. Oops.

"Uh...yeah...uh..." Koi stuttered, his eyes purposefully stuck on his bowl. Minna laughed, shaking her head at his shock. She didn't mean to catch Koi off guard! She was just stating the obvious.

"Whatever, Koi. It's none of my business." She admitted, taking another forkful as she waited for his reaction, hoping he'd open up a little about what all that flirting meant.

"Nah, it's cool. But if I talk to you about Dev, you gotta let me know what's going on with you and Enzo because I saw him rubbin' on them thighs." Koi bit his lip as he did a TOTAL over exaggeration of what was going on between her and Enzo! There was no rubbing of THIGHS. Her legs were on his and he kept his hands on her calves, no rubbing included. Totally innocent. Totally pure...per usual.

"Whatever Koi! Let's go nigga." She said over his mocking, stupidly girlish moans. Minna was quickly figuring out that he could be a WHOLE asshole when he was trying to be. They laughed as they walked out of the kitchen area, Minna sitting back in her place beside Enzo, her legs going back to his lap...his hand pulling them closer to him.

"Soooo, what did we miss?" Minna said, scooping up another forkful of mac and cheese.

Devyn

[*] posted on 8-12-2019 at 05:19 PM

How had shit gone south so quick?! A few SECONDS ago shit was sweet. Dinner had been bomb and Devyn has told Enzo so getting back a lackluster 'thank you'. Okay. Everybody had found their comfort zone with Minna's legs draped across Enzo's lap and Devyn...in a spot she had missed the last 7 or so months, right under Koi...Okay so maybe they had been a little flirtier than friends were supposed to be tonight, but she couldn't help herself! He was still Koi. Still the funny, charming, annoying kid she fell in love with. So yeah, she was finding reasons to touch him, but he was doing the same! It was just how they were and that was okay...wasn't it?

She might have talked about it with Enzo, but when she tried to thank him for taking care of Minna after she left with Tre' the night of Pretty Nasty, he had some shit to get off his chest. Oh? Somebody had to look out for her? Because Devyn was a shitty friend and left her behind?...That was half true. She couldn't hold him on that, she shouldn't have left Minna that night and she'd apologized TO MINNA about it and she wasn't mad so what the fuck was up with Enzo?!

Devyn tried to give him a chance to clean it up, but he doubled down, telling her what 'he said'. Oh, Devyn heard his ass and he was about to hear her. Minna was a big girl and she could hold her fucking own, like she had. He gave her a ride home, he didn't have to fight 50 niggas and save her life. He could miss her with the bullshit. AND he didn't know the whole story! Sitting over there on his fucking high horse, looking unbothered, but obviously he had something to say.

She opened her mouth to cuss him smooth out, but Minna and Koi came back and saved him. Devyn leaned back into her spot on the couch and tried to fix her face before Minna noticed. Enzo apparently turned it on and off, his whole face lighting up (fuck him for being an asshole and looking at her friend the way he did) as Minna sat next to him, retaking her position and asking what they missed.

"Not much-," Enzo replied easily, his tone completely opposite the way he had just talked to Devyn. Koi sat next to her and she barely moved. She was still staring at Enzo trying to figure out what the fuck his problem was.

"Yeah...we can finish what we were talking about later, Enzo." he shrugged then, a smirk on his lips as he locked eyes with her. He was fucking trying it. But Devyn had promised no bullshit tonight for Minna. She turned away from him, her eyes finding that damn football game as she tried to count to ten or some shit to keep from splitting his disrespectful ass head open. Koi noticed and nudged her, their eyes meeting and speaking silently.

"I'm good-," she wasn't. He could hear it and he sat his bowl on the coffee table before his arm went behind her, pulling her closer so that she rested against his chest. She sighed, feeling her anger break in just his small touch. He was still good at that. Calming her. Devyn's eyes floated to her friend and what was apparently NOT her friend. Enzo and Minna were in their own little world it seemed as Minna told him about some bodega cat, so Dev took the time to ask Koi if he knew what was up.

"What's with your roommate starting shit with me?" she whispered, almost mouthed, it to him so Minna wouldn't hear. No DRAMA tonight. Not by Devyn's hand.

I'm taking my time.
I'm doing it right.
Koi

[*] posted on 8-12-2019 at 06:08 PM

Koi was sure of two things when he sat back down in the living room, bowl in hand. The first thing? Minna was cool as hell. He got why Enzo liked her and they would actually be a fucking "thing" if he could get his shit together long enough to make a real move on her. Second thing? Something was wrong with Devyn. He could tell before he sat down beside her, her body tense as she sat, staring straight forward. She shook out of it long enough to fix her face, smiling at Minna as she sat beside Enzo. Koi sat down, noticing that when her eyes did settle on something else, they were looking RIGHT the fuck at Enzo. Koi exhaled softly, nudging Devyn.

I'm good... No she wasn't. He could tell by the look in her eyes that she wanted to spit actual fire. He'd seen that look enough to know what it meant. Devyn was furious. He hands were clenched. He mouth tight. Something had her on fifteen and Koi couldn't tell what it was...just that Enzo had something to do with it. Without hesitating, Koi put his bowl down and wrapped his arm around Devyn, pulling her into his chest.

"Starting shit..." He whispered, looking down at her. "What are you talking about, Dev?"

Koi didn't get it. The whole evening had been pretty relaxed. Everything had been completely chill. He hadn't seen one moment where Enzo had treated Devyn any differently than he'd treated anyone else...save for Minna as Koi doubted anyone could've been half in Enzo's lap the way she was. Sure, Enzo hadn't been especially talkative with Devyn and that was out of his character as he wasn't standoffish. But, something that would've set Devyn off like this? He hadn't seen anything that would've done that. But...

He was standoffish. He'd been a little stressed that day... Oh shit.

"Oh...yeah, so..." Koi started, angling his body so that his mouth was hidden.

"This is Enzo's first holiday without his mom. He was a little in his feelings earlier while he was cooking dinner. They use to do that together, I think? He's just...I know he misses her today. Maybe that's what's up?"

but hold your balance...

Enzo

[*] posted on 8-12-2019 at 06:51 PM

If Devyn wanted to argue they could. Enzo hadn't said shit to her that wasn't true. If repeating facts was getting her hot, maybe she should correct her behavior accordingly. She was wrong. Point blank. And Enzo didn't like her ass for it. Sue him. What she wasn't gonna do was beat his ass, so as far as he was concerned, she could die mad about it.

He smirked at her as she told him they would talk more later. Sure, okay. Enzo didn't have shit else to say though, so she would be talking to herself. Right now, he had far more interesting people to talk to. Like Minna.

"So what did we miss in the kitchen?" He tuned in to Minna's story about she and Koi sharing a block in New York where they knew some cat named Malcolm. It took him a minute to actually register that the "cat" named Malcolm was not a person, but an actual cat...he chuckled at her story and the way her eyes lit up when she told it. Minna hadn't talked a lot about her life before KR, but this bodega and this cat...they'd made her happy back then...and they were connecting her to a new friend now.

"Look, the magic of the holidays-," Enzo's hand absentmindedly rubbed up her leg as he leaned closer to her. "Wild far from home and you find somebody that knows your block...What'll you find out next?"

I'm so down for you.
Minna

[*] posted on 8-12-2019 at 07:39 PM

"...and this cute ass white cat with black spots is just...sitting on the counter. Like he worked there! There was no one at the counter. Just the cat. And that was my welcome to the Bronx." Minna chuckled as she finished her origin story and guessed Enzo was still at least listening to her weirdo recollection of a Bodega cat and how, oddly, she and Koi had the cat AND the bodega in common. It was a weird story, but Enzo was totally engaged, laughing in the right places. That was refreshing. Not like people she dated didn't listen to her, but...there was something about the way Enzo listened. He wasn't just using his ears. Everything seemed so much deeper when he did it. The way he listened. The way he spoke. Even the pride he took in the meal he'd made them that night. And she could say that...she liked that about him. His intensity could be overwhelming, but it was new. And different. And...he was looking at her "like that" again. She bit at her lip, fighting the urge to attack her curls with the sudden arrival of fresh nerves.

Minna felt her eyes roll playfully as Enzo told her that her and Koi meeting was "magical" and that the holidays had ANYTHING to do with it. She was starting to see how the holidays didn't have to be such a bad thing. She'd got to spend time with Devyn, who was beginning to mean more to her than just a roommate in crazy short period of time. She'd found out a lot about Koi...and quietly made it her mission to get Koi and Devyn back together because could they be anymore perfect for each other? And then there was Enzo... She was glad she didn't turn down that invitation for a Thanksgiving meal because they were getting...closer. And yeah, it was a little scary, but he was sweet. And a fantastic cook. And... why was he getting closer? And why was his hand moving up her leg and making a beeline for her thigh?

"That..." She said, swinging her legs off of his lap so suddenly she almost clipped the coffee table with her foot.

"...is an excellent question. And I think...we should play a game." Reaching over Enzo, she snatched the remote for the (BIG FUCKING) television up, smiling in his face and turned the television off.

"Hear ye, fucking hear ye..." He proclamation began as she stood on her feet.

"I declare tonight 'game night'...even though this isn't my home and I'm probably being horribly rude. Let's play..." She started, looking around the living room.

"...21 Questions. You guys game?"

Devyn

[*] posted on 9-12-2019 at 03:01 AM

Koi pulled her even closer, leaning into her a little more to answer her question. She might have enjoyed the closeness...if what he was saying hadn't hit so hard. This is his first holiday without his mom. She heard it in his tone. Enzo's first holiday without his mom, the words, could mean anything. Maybe his parents recently separated, maybe she was deployed (lots of black people on the island were military), maybe she was locked up. All of that might have been sad, but the tone Koi'd used told Devyn the truth. Enzo's mom was gone.

She recognized the tone because he'd used it with her the few times they'd talked about her mom. There was pity in it, but not the kind that made you feel some kind of way. The kind that said Koi knew it was a sad situation that he couldn't understand, but he wanted to be gentle with you anyway...it said that he cared. About her when he used it with her and about Enzo as he told her something he probably shouldn't have.

Koi knew her. He knew what she was like and even she would admit when she got pissed, she got mean. He was telling her what Enzo was dealing with, yes so she didn't pop off the way he knew she wanted to, but...Koi also knew she knew what he was feeling. Maybe not specifically; she didn't know what Enzo's relationship with his mom had been like and parental bonds could be...complicated...but Devyn knew what it was like to lose your mother. Time had passed, but she lost her mom every single day, still.

"Oh...-," that's all she could muster as her arm snaked around his waist and she hugged him in that moment. Koi hugged her back, his lips kissing the top of her head as they shared a quiet moment of comfort. She needed it...because on top of thinking about her own mom, she felt bad for not knowing about Enzo's...everyone had their shit she guessed.

Minna brought them all back together, turning off the TV suddenly and calling for attention. Devyn smiled, as Minna declared tonight 'game night'. They were playing 21 Questions. Enzo answered first, the chuckle that accompanied his willingness it sounding different to Devyn now that she knew about his mom...he needed a good night.

"Ooh, yes please-," Devyn leaned off of Koi then, watching Minna's eyebrow raise as she noticed their closeness. 21 Questions sounded like a great way to get to know Enzo and even Minna, as they were fast friends that still didn't know much about each other. This would be fun!

I'm taking my time.
I'm doing it right.
Koi

[*] posted on 9-12-2019 at 10:01 AM

"Yo, that is the weakest ass question...like ever. EVER." Koi complained as he leaned on Devyn's leg, her fingers twirling his curls absentmindedly. He rolled his eyes at Enzo...mostly to keep them from rolling up into his head from the magic that Devyn was doing with her hand. Now he got why Dhonny was always letting her play around in his hair. The eye roll, though? Definitely for the wack questions that were circulating around the leaving room. The game was "21 Questions", not "21 Minutes of Fucking Boredom" and initially, Koi'd though that Minna had a good idea going...until Enzo dropped the latest question of "What's everybody's favorite color" into the running and Koi felt his fun-o-meter drop to a negative seven.

"Okay, so...blue and some shit...BUT COME ON!" He whined, Enzo sucking his teeth again as Minna and Devyn fussed at Koi, their voices blending as they reprimanded him for his words, their cries of "whole asshole" and "don't do Enzo like that" made Koi groan loudly. Okay, so maybe they were only on question three, but really? Favorite color? They'd talked about where they were from (which almost everyone knew anyway), childhood pets and memories...oh and Koi's favorite, their favorite grade school teacher. No. NO! They weren't going out like that. Either it got more interesting or they were playing "Strip Uno". Point blank, period.

"Well, mine's purple and it's my turn to ask the question so...shut up, Koi." Minna tapped her lips, her legs mysteriously had found their way back to Enzo's lap. Deyvn (red) and Enzo (yellow...duh) gave their favorite colors while Minna thought about the next question.

"Ooo! Everyone has to tell ONE THING about themselves that no one knows. I'll go last. Koi, you're first since you're so anxious to spice some shit up..." Minna said, tongue-popping as she rolled her neck.

"Whatever, Minna-girl. Don't come for me, boo unless I send for you." He rolled his neck like hers, mocking her playfully. He literally had no idea what that shit meant, but Devyn use to say it ALL the time Junior year in high school. Memories. Shit...what could he even say that NO one knew about him considering Devyn knew almost everything about him...and it was the same for him with her. This would be interesting.

"Uh...okay! So I was like eleven whole pounds when I was born. My mom couldn't walk the last month of her pregnancy because I was just...too fucking big." He admitted, shrugging at his unknown fact. And almost like they'd planned it, Minna, Enzo and Devyn all boo'ed him.

"Oh fucking whatever, like your shit is going to be MORE interesting."

but hold your balance...

Enzo

[*] posted on 9-12-2019 at 11:18 AM

Okay, so yes. His question was weak, but he was never good at games like this. 21 Questions, Never Have I Ever. On the fly question games weren't really his steeze. He didn't think well on the spot...as evidenced by the favorite color question. Most were willing to let it fly, but not Koi. Never. The Kidd always had something slick to say and no question had gone by without his disapproval. Enzo didn't have to stick up for himself though, Minna and even her little friend coming to his defense. "Thank y'all. He so fucking rude-," Enzo laughed as Minna settled the group announcing it was her turn.

They all waited while she thought of what she wanted to ask and her far more interesting question came much quicker than Enzo's lame one. Wasn't much Minna wasn't good at, huh? ONE THING about themselves that no one knows...Shit. See this was what he was talking about! He was not good on the spot. Even in a room full of new people, he wasn't sure what would be interesting enough to bring up. And it had to be relatively interesting since he was working with the world's shittiest wingman over there.

Luckily, he had a little time to think. Koi was going first since he had so much to say...Hmmm...What would Enzo's secret be? He could offer the obvious and talk about his mom, but it seemed shitty to pull her out like a party trick. And Koi already knew. He could go with the fact that he was already being scouted for NFL workouts, but that seemed braggy and at this point the shits didn't really matter since he wasn't going to be eligible for a while anyway...hmmm.

Koi finally came out with his fun fact. He was a big baby. There was a pause and without planning the three of them booed simultaneously, their boos turning to laughter as Koi rolled his eyes again. Ha! Sucked getting it didn't it. "Fucking lameeeee-," Enzo's voice cut through the boos and the laughter so that he could go next. He had something.

"Iight, so look. My Sophomore and Junior year I was a youth pastor at my church-," Koi started to cut in and Enzo gave him a look. "Hey, I didn't cut your weak shit off. Let me finish." He rolled his eyes at his friend and continued, "So...youth pastor and I was at church a little later than usual one night because I was helping with some choir shit too. Long story wild short, the actual pastor was David Wilson-ing the choir director and I was in the wrong place at the wrong time. The pastor wanted to keep me quiet soooooo...I have a $5,000 scholarship from the church even though I'm not paying for this school shit anyway." Enzo paused waiting for reaction from the group.

"The extortion was accidental! I didn't ask for the money, but I ain't no fucking dumbass...He said he would give it to me so..."

I'm so down for you.
Minna

[*] posted on 9-12-2019 at 12:36 PM

The game was on point, regardless what anyone, including Koi, thought. They were learning so much about each other and the only person who had a problem with it was KOI'S ass. But Minna had something that ass, her fantastic question coming out of nowhere. Seriously, she didn't know what made her think of that considering that she had a COUPLE of things that no one knew about her that she wasn't quite willing to open up about. But for the sake of the game, she'd drop at least one fact, especially since it was HER question. AND because Koi had come with that weak ass story about him being a "heavy baby". And they were shit at this game? Right.

"Oh wow, Koi. Seriously?" Lame attempt. VERY lame. And to think, he was the main one complaining.

"NEXT..." Minna said, waving Koi off as Enzo started talking, telling everyone that he'd been...wait what? A youth pastor? If he hadn't kept talking, it was so obvious that everyone would have had comments. Because Enzo was a youth pastor? Not that she didn't think that he could've been. He was a complete gentleman (save for the recent foray up her thigh) and he seemed to be...wholesome. But knowing that he was a youth pastor at one point in his life took her thoughts about Enzo to another place. She didn't think much about all things "religion" and to be real honest, she was necessary that stuck on believing in a higher power so wholly that you couldn't live your life for fear of making Him angry. There was just something about knowing that he'd had that type of position and connection with something that was bigger than him.

"Holy. Crap...literally." Minna laughed, the surprise completely evident on her face. Not only had he been a youth pastor, but he was getting "guilt" money from a church as well? This was TOO good. Minna looked around at everyone's faces and the way theirs mimicked her expression.

"Oh wow, please tell me you don't still work there..." She laughed, pushing Enzo's shoulder. She couldn't keep the judgement out of her voice, but that was one thing she hated about religious organizations. The complete biased, double-speaking nature of it. All of the expectations that came from the pulpit and then they went and did the SAME things they condemned. Hypocrisy at its finest.

"I don't even know how I can follow that one up..." Minna laughed, preparing to tell her secret. She cleared her throat because she knew that even though it wasn't a former clergy position and a loose ass pastor, but it was kind of...surprising, she guessed?

"So, mine is...that I grew up on a commune and my parents were in a cult." She grimaced as felt herself going a little warm at the cheeks. She couldn't believe she even admitted it! As long as she'd been away from her "parents", she basically hadn't talked about it. And she hadn't planned on the shit either. Until now...

"That's one of the reasons I don't do holidays, Enzo. We never celebrated them. It was...weird, to say the least. I left the commune at..eleven, I think? I don't remember a lot, so..." She bit her lip as she waited for the group's reaction. She'd told the truth. Well, sort of. She'd told one little lie. That she didn't remember the commune. Because she did...whether she wanted to or not.

Devyn

[*] posted on 9-12-2019 at 04:46 PM

She was having fun even if Koi wasn't. Devyn smiled and offered the group her favorite color (red) as her fingers continued to lightly rake over Koi's scalp. He had moved to the floor after getting his third bowl of mac and cheese (wtf?), but he hadn't stopped touching her. His arm was wrapped around her leg, fingers absentmindedly tracing up and down her calf and they were...content...well Devyn was. Koi hadn't stopped complaining about the game questions since they started. He needed to chill; they were obviously soft-balling to get comfortable. A spicy question was bound to pop up if they just...there it was.

Minna came in with something a little more interesting as she asked for one thing no one knew about them. Well that was easy...and not, all at the same time. There was plenty no one in that room knew about her. Koi included. Now was she going to share any of that? Absolutely not. Knowing more about Devyn than she advertised was a health hazard and she wasn't willing to put her friends in that position. She never had been. Not with Miyu and Dhonny and not with Enzo and Minna. Certainly not with Koi...she would need to think of something though...

Well not immediately as Koi started with his weak fact. And Devyn already knew that he was low key born a toddler so he lost twice. The group booed him before Enzo took the floor and told a wild story about his pastor and choir director and, "Oh. My. God-," If Koi hadn't have been holding her leg, Devyn would have been on the floor. She laughed as Enzo tried to make his story a little cleaner by saying the extortion wasn't his fault, but...HA! That was too much! None of them had secrets to top that one...well none that Devyn was going to share.

She giggled as Minna asked if he was still working with the church and he shook his head. "Nah. Not big on that church shit since...-," Enzo paused and Devyn eyed him curiously, the laspe short and simple seeming, but meaningful as he finished, "Shit's just different now." He looked away from the group then and Devyn knew he hadn't been to church since his mom died. That was the shit that was different.

She watched his face change again as he rejoined the group and listend to Minna tell then that she...what now? And her parents did, huh? Devyn felt her head tilt as her hand stopped moving through Koi's hair. "A commune?" She nodded, turning to Enzo as she elaborated. She didn't do holidays because her family didn't celebrate them. Huh...that was...different, she guessed. She had so many questions, but as Minna told them she didn't remember much she figured it best not to ask. Not with the group anyway. That was a drunk conversation for another time. With Koi and Enzo looking at her with the stuck face and not saying much, Devyn figured she needed to step in...but again, she didn't have a story to tell...so...

"I don't really have anything to tell-," she shrugged as Minna cut her eyes as her. "What?! Sorry. I can't think of anything." Devyn threw her hands up in mock surrender as Minna fired back.

"Nuh uh, bitch. I just told you I grew up in a cult. Enzo's been stealing money from the church. Koi's secret is irrelevant. You have to give us something or we're gonna start drinking up in here!" Uh oh.

She'd thought about it when Minna pulled out the bottle to bring, but Devyn had naively hoped it just wouldn't come up...Koi wasn't drinking. He hadn't for at least 6 months and Devyn knew Minna didn't know, but she wasn't sure about Enzo...and Koi wasn't speaking up about it...Fuck. Any other night she would have just taken the shot, but...she hadn't been with Sober Koi enough to know how to navigate...this. She just...she was just going to play it cool.

"Mm. I don't know Minna...drinking might have me making bad decisions-," Devyn giggled then, placing her leg over Koi's shoulder playfully. What she was saying was partially true.She wasn't even drunk and making a bad decision had crossed her mind plenty...but mostly, she didn't want to make it weird for Koi. She would sit this out with him if it helped.

I'm taking my time.
I'm doing it right.
Koi

[*] posted on 10-12-2019 at 11:15 AM

Maybe wishing for the game to get more interesting was overreaching because three answers in and Koi was almost on the damn floor. The surprise of it all. In less than one minute, Koi’d found out that Enzo’s preachin’ ass swindled a whole pastor out of some scholarship money and Minna was a “Children of the Corn” participant (that explained the blonde hair). What in the “surprise, bitch” hell? Theshock had not BEGUN to melt off of his face when he realized that it was Devyn’s turn and he couldn’t help wondering what she would say? Maybe she’d talk about her life before KR a little? Koi could admit that he didn’t know much about it besides the fact that she was from Atlanta and that some of her family was still there...he guessed? There were no details, though. Where’d she go to school when she was there? Who were her friends? Did she still talk to them now that she was in KR? When Koi started to think about what he didn’t know versus what he did know, shit got kind of uncomfortable. Maybe because he knew he didn’t ask as many questions as he should’ve about her? He’d always assumed that all she wanted him to know about her was in KR. Her cousin Carter, her Aunt Athena. The life that she lived...here. But that wasn’t all of her...and that was becoming a lot clearer as he watched her shift in her seat, claiming that she didn’t have much to share.

Minna got at her before Koi could open his mouth to comment, telling her that they’d all given answers (his was still shitty, apparently...whatever) and that she needed to give an answer...or…

You have to give us something or we're gonna start drinking up in here!

Koi felt Devyn’s eyes on him for a second, Minna and Enzo laughing as they debated bringing liquor into the equation...complete unaware of the fact that he’d gone quiet. He knew what Devyn was thinking. Koi was an addict. Koi was abstaining from liquor. What the hell should she do? Koi’s answer was simple. Absolutely nothing. Just like he was going to. The last six months post rehab had been rough, he couldn’t lie. Especially starting college where there was way too many temptations in one place. Pledging was going to be a-whole-nother situation. But he’d worked hard to do the “right” thing. Stay sober. Stay clean. And he could do that now.

He squeezed her leg, a silent “I'm good, babe” passing between them as she commented, talking about how alcohol would complicate the evening. The thing Koi wasn’t expecting? Her bare thigh swinging over his shoulder...and doing the first thing that came to his mind.

“KOI!” Devyn yelped, standing to her feet as he looked at her and shrugged, his hand frozen where it had been before...even in the absence of the inside of Devyn’s thigh.

“Look…” He laughed, Minna and Enzo erupting in laughter as well. “...you already knew when you did it, babe.” That got him a playful, but painful smack on the back of his head.

“And if y’all are drinking, I’m good. Actually...” He started, turning to Minna and Enzo.

“Fact about me...I’m actually sober...so…”

but hold your balance...

Enzo

[*] posted on 10-12-2019 at 01:17 PM

This was the excitement Koi was looking for, huh? Koi destroying his moms on the way out, Enzo the extortionist, and now, Minna was telling them she grew up on some "drink the kool aid" shit. They'd gone from 0 - 100 real quick. Which was what they'd wanted, he guessed. Since he met her he'd been trying to figure Minna out and even with a bombshell like this he knew there was still plenty he needed to know. Unsure of what to say, Enzo offered a reassuring squeeze just above her knee (they had reached a happy medium of where his hands should be), watching her face blush a bit after her confession. She explained that her commune upbringing hadn't included holidays, which is why she said she didn't do them when he asked. Enzo shrugged.

"It's all good, Minna. You do them now-," he winked at her then, getting a small smile from her. Shit, none of them were responsible for where they came from. Enzo couldn't hold no cult shit against her and honestly, even if he felt like he could, he probably wouldn't. This was a judgement free zone...mostly.

Enzo directed his attention to homegirl as she announced she didn't have anything to share. Aw, hell nah! Enzo's damn daddy didn't know about that church money shit. She was going to give them something. He opened his mouth to tell her so, but Minna beat him to it. See! This was that shit. Maybe it was because he already didn't like her, but homegirl had been annoying the fuck out of him all night. He peeped her cuddling up real close with Koi after their little disagreement and he knew her ass was over there snitching. And Koi was babying her ass like she hadn't probably hopped out Tre's lap to come over here...annoying.

That was the other thing. She and Koi had been at that touchy feely shit all night and it might have made him happy for his boy (because they seemed genuinely into each other), if he didn't know she was fucking their soon to be PM. She was stringing Koi along and even if the shit worked out in his favor with her, it wouldn't with Kappa if he started messing with Tre' White's girl. History or not. Again, annoying.

And now she wasn't trying to participate after getting something out of everyone else? Wild fucking annoying. Minna told her if she didn't spill she was going to sip. And Enzo endorsed her suggestion, pointing at Minna to emphasize her point and adding, "We love facts-," meaning Devyn could give one or she for sure for sure was taking the first shot of the night. Enzo watched her hesitate and then decline taking the drink suggesting that she might slip up and fuck Koi if she got drunk. Enzo couldn't help his eye roll as her teasing ass threw her leg over Koi's shoulder. He laughed though as Koi gave it back to her, his hand quickly going up her skirt.

Homegirl jumped up real quick as the three of them laughed at the exchange, Koi telling her she already knew what it was. She feigned offense, but it was clear as day Koi was probably fucking tonight, Tre' be dammed...that was none of Enzo's business though...And with Devyn up she could go get her shot because - what?

Koi wasn't done as he shared another fun fact about himself. He was sober? Since when? Because the Koi he knew back in the day was anything but...That said, thinking about it now, Enzo hadn't seen him drink since they started hanging. They'd done a few parties together and...huh. The nigga was sober. Enzo nodded.

"Respect-," Enzo sighed heavily then, picking up Minna's legs and resting them across the couch as he spoke, leaning over her a little. "Fuck it, I'll drink with you Minna." And with that he crossed the living room to the kitchen for the bottle she brought and a couple shot glasses.

"I'm gonna get some more of that sweet potato souffle-," homegirl announced, following him. Fuck he hoped this chick didn't want to talk about shit else with him...

I'm so down for you.
Minna

[*] posted on 10-12-2019 at 05:49 PM

Sober? What was that even? Minna would never now as she swore by a sauvignon blanc in the daytime and vodka, straight at night. But she respected Koi for deciding that was the path he wanted to take. Although she wouldn't be making that decision anytime...and apparently nor would Enzo. She looked up at him as he left the couch, hovering over her as he told that he'd gladly drink with her. She bit her lip as she chuckled. The TRUE definition of a rider.

"THANK YOU, Enzo...no offense, Koi" She laughed again, watching him walk from the room to get the bottle of Grey Goose out of the fridge and sadly...only two shot glasses. That was okay. They'd carry the party if they had to. Not that she didn't' respect Koi. She knew it was hard as hell to make a decision and stand by it. She low-key respected him for it.

I'm gonna get some more of that sweet potato souffle..." Minna looked up as Devyn followed Enzo into the kitchen, her eyebrow arching. Considering that Devyn had just talked about how full she was, Minna couldn't help but wonder what she was up to as she sat back on the couch, her attention turning to Koi.

"Anyway. So, should I be prepared to go back to the dorm by myself or...?" She asked, the smirk Koi'd been wearing earlier immediately returning to his face.

"You got jokes, huh Minna?" He asked, chuckling as he turned fully towards her.

"You already know you ain't going back to the dorm tonight." He smiled wider, his petty about to be in FULL effect.

"You gotta keep my boy company..."

Devyn

[*] posted on 11-12-2019 at 08:14 AM

Devyn trailed behind Enzo to the kitchen. She'd announced that she wanted the sweet potato souffle, but that wasn't really on her mind. What she really wanted was a minute with Enzo. She wasn't sure what she wanted to say, but she knew she had to say something...It may have sounded morbid as fuck, but Devyn was glad they shared this...thing. She hadn't really talked to anyone about her mother's passing since it happened (other than the therapists Athena had tried unsuccessfully to get her into) because she didn't think anyone could understand. Sure, she let Koi prop her up through the hardest parts of it, because he at least gave a shit about her, but...he didn't know.

Koi didn't know what it felt like to have something great happen to you and to have your first thought be to tell someone who wasn't there anymore. He couldn't know how every time you were reminded of something you shared with her, it would always be a happy memory, but a sad moment because you were remembering alone. But Enzo knew. Enzo could understand her because they were part of the same fucked up club now.

She could sense the tension between them as Enzo quickly opened the fridge, focused on getting away from her, surely...Devyn leaned against the counter opposite him and sighed. She didn't want to fight...she just...she didn't actually know what she wanted, but since learning about Enzo's mom, she felt like she could see him. She wanted him to know that, she guessed. She knew she would have wanted that in the beginning. Maybe she was being a little selfish and hoping that he would see her too...

"The uh-," she paused, clearing her throat a bit before she tried again. "The holidays don't get easier..." Yikes. That's not what she should have said...it was true though. She shook her head a bit and he turned to her with the most confused look on his face. He started to say something, but Devyn cut in, explaining. "At least they haven't yet for me...without her."

She was sure it was some combination of the tears she felt brimming in her eyes and the way she'd said 'without her' at a whisper, but...he got it. She watched Enzo's face soften unlike it had at any point tonight. He leaned against the refrigerator door, closing it as his eyes stared into her rather than at her. "You...Koi said something to you?" Devyn nodded, her eyes unable to hold contact under his intensity. She found a spot on the linoleum of their kitchen floor as she spoke again.

"I think he just knew I would get it." She shrugged. "Today...holidays, in general are rough," she looked at him them. "They don't get easier, but they get different. You make new traditions with the other people in your life that love you and it's...you don't have to think so much about her not being here." Devyn had moved closer to him as she spoke. Her hand touched the one he had around the bottle of Grey Goose and she looked at him in the eye again.

"I'm sorry about your mom, Enzo." She was. She hated whatever took her from him had happened. "I got you if you ever want to...talk or...whatever." She stepped back then, her body resting against the counter again. He was still just looking at her. Still processing. Devyn offered a weak smile as she started out of the kitchen. But she wasn't done, turning back to him.

"And I'm sorry about Minna. It was a bitch move and I shouldn't have left her." he chuckled then and Devyn smiled. He nodded, his smile lingering and Devyn was sure that was the first time he had genuinely smiled at her all night. He didn't say anything, but his face told her they were good and Dev went back into the living room.

Enough with the sad intermission! Time to continue their game of 21 questions. It was her turn to ask and she knew just where they were taking this.

I'm taking my time.
I'm doing it right.
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top