Not logged in [Login ]
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Psychology - Classes
Kiki
Super Administrator

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 11-3-2011 at 09:49 PM
Psychology - Classes

Cognition, mental disorders, and Freudian slips. Great minds studying other minds.
Devyn

Mood: Stressed

[*] posted on 7-11-2019 at 05:24 PM

She hated this damn class. Already.

An 8am non-major course was for the fucking birds to Devyn and she found the shit wholly unnecessary. Didn't she take all the general education she needed to in high school? Obviously not because now she was here, at 7:40 in the damn morning waiting to take an intro class she only wanted to "outro" from.

Devyn crossed her legs and leaned over to pull out her sketch book so she could focus on something that mattered. She'd chosen Fashion as her major which left Athena less than thrilled, but she'd promised to minor in Business so not to be too much of a disappointment...and she knew she wasn't. Athena just wanted her to be healthy and happy. And these days she was. Devyn has slipped back into what she could recognize was a depression after breaking up with Koi for good and with Miyu gone, it was super hard to pull herself out of it, but it had been almost a month since and she felt better everyday. Now that school had started, it was going to be way easier to shift her focus and think about something else anyway.

She was in college. This was a new beginning and she just prayed she could avoid her past for as long as possible. The summer proved okay for that as she had only seem him a couple of times in passing after hanging out with Eri. She could keep it up. "In passing" was best for the both of them.

Dev took a sip of her Starbucks and pulled a pencil from behind her ear to get started on sketches she had due for Structural Drawing. Might as well start the morning productive.

I'm taking my time.
I'm doing it right.
Self-Love. Self-Care. Selfish.
Tre

[*] posted on 7-11-2019 at 06:06 PM

Tre pulled at the front of his loose tee, the Hawaiian sun already blazing hot at 8am in the fucking morning. It'd been a year and some since he'd transferred and he still asked himself why he though it necessary to transfer to the epicenter of hell. Not that NC had been any better, but damn. "Sweaty as fuck" wasn't the way he wanted to start his morning. Especially since he'd started it at the ass crack of dawn. He'd been up anyway, conditioning with the other drum majors at 6am and now, he was on his way to the intro psychology class that he shouldn't have had to take. But, no surprise. Insult to injury, KRU wouldn't take a couple of the credits from Central, and most of those credits fell in his general electives area. But, whatever. He'd been playing catch up for a year already just to get to Senior status. The hustle was worth it.

The green monster in his metal flask and August Alsina streaming out of his airpods made 8am bearable, his head bobbing as he walked slowly. Rushing wasn't necessary as he'd made it class too early to give a shit about getting a seat in the auditorium-style classroom. He could've sat anywhere at 7:40 in the fucking morning. So, he took a sip of his drink, his eyes roaming the lobby of humanities building quickly. Of course no one was here. Mostly because anyone in this fucking class didn't even give a shit enough to show up on time. But he did. On time and engaged was his motto...even if he didn't give a shit about what Dr. Oglesby was...

Damn...

Tre's stride slowed as he'd almost walked past the girl sitting in the corner of the seating area, her head down...legs crossed at the ankle. Where the hell had she come from? No really, who was this? Tre' had been at KRU for a year and not that he'd crossed every female off his list, but he pretty much knew what KRU had to offer. And out of everything he'd seen at KRU...somehow, she'd slipped under his radar. Impossible though because...damn. The word kept repeating in his head because besides the music, he'd lost all train of thought.

Pulling one of his airpods from his ear, he shifted his bag on his shoulder...heading for a bench opposite the girl. She didn't look up as he sat down, so he gave her a once over, unzipping his backpack. Hair in a tight bun. Brown, smooth skin. Body killing the fitted outfit she wore, her loose jacket failing to cover the curves that Tre' could see as she sat. Yeah, they didn't usually make them like that at KRU.

He pulled his laptop out, placing his flask of green monster next to his foot, just close enough to "accidentally" tip it over as situated his things.

"Shit..." He muttered, fumbling for the flask before too much of the contents spilled out. Exhaling just loudly enough to catch the girl's attention, his movements flustered as he checked his backpack for a napkin.

"Sorry to bother you...would you...have a napkin? I'm making a huge ass mess..." He chuckled.

Trust me. I'm focused...

Devyn

[*] posted on 7-11-2019 at 06:33 PM

No, that wasn't right either...Devyn erased the shading she'd made over her sketch and studied her paper to figure out how to try it again. She hated this class. She wasn't Picasso or anything, but she'd always thought she did okay when it came to drawing. Straight lines, doodles, stick figures, whatever. If she tried it she usually got it close to the source. She remembered the sip and paint she did with...She sighed, part of her frustration stemming from her work, the other from how easily he entered her every thought. Focus Devyn. Shit.

Someone else cursed, out loud letting her know she wasn't alone in the room anymore. She watched as the guy fumbled to catch his drink before he lost too much of it and turned to his backpack, probably for something to clean it up with. "You good?" her voice was light then, but she lost it fully when he looked at her. He said something and she was sure that would register in a minute but for now, Devyn could feel her head tilt to the side as a small smile met her lips.

This man was fine. Pretty brown eyes. Dimples you could basically sit in, and this little curly fade that framed his face just right...She was staring. "Uh, yeah-," Devyn turned from him then, reaching into her bag where half a breakfast sandwich and a few napkins laid from earlier. She handed him a couple, her smile growing as his hand touched hers to take them.

"You're here for intro?" she spoke as he tried cleaning up his mess. "I'm Devyn, by the way."

I'm taking my time.
I'm doing it right.
Tre

[*] posted on 7-11-2019 at 06:50 PM

He saw her pause, a smile curling his lips as he took the napkins from her, their eyes meeting quickly before he broke the eye contact, walking back to his intentional mess, dabbing at the green "sludge" (the name the other drum majors gave his protein shake). He cleaned quickly, his spill doing exactly what it was supposed to do. Which was interrupt her from whatever it was that she was doing that had her unaware that something WAY BETTER had entered the room. But she knew now, her eyes flitting over his face, his broad shoulders...all the way to his grey sweatpants. Oh really?. He felt that...he'd gotten a better look at her too, her body becoming a lot more apparent as she stood to give him the napkins. Damn had been the appropriate response...

"Thanks...and yeah. I'm here for Dr. Oglesby. He's supposed to be way easier than Dr. Westwood, so..." He let his words falter, crumpling the napkin as he plopped back on the padded bench.

"...and I'm Tre'...by the way. Nice to meet you, Devyn." He grinned a little, nodding a greeting. He took the other airpod out of his ear, the universal sign that he didn't mind extending this greeting into a conversation if she wanted to.

"The obvious question is 'why am I just meeting you'?" He asked, biting his lower lip.

"Annnnd that probably started like the beginning of some cheesy ass line...which it was probably going to be, just so you know." He laughed a little.

Trust me. I'm focused...

Devyn

[*] posted on 7-11-2019 at 07:22 PM

Why did this man have her so stuck? She let herself take him in a little more as she closed the short distance to hand him those napkins and even in sweats he...whew. Especially in sweats...damn. Ok. So KRU was coming out the gate with temptation...Devyn wasn't new to this. She had partied at KRU plenty and even fakes talked to a few dudes during those reckless "off" weeks she had with...Gotdammit. Again...The guy thanked her and answered her question as Devyn went back in her seat. Something about Dr. Ogelsby being easier than somebody else. She had no clue what he was talking about and she didn't care. What she really wanted to know was...Tre'. Yeahhh...she could work with Tre'.

"Good morning, Tre'-," she responded to his niceties and watched as he took out his other airpod. He wanted to chat. Good. And he started strong, asking why he was just meeting her. Devyn chuckled a little, picking up her cup again and giving him a playful eyeroll as she took a sip. Tre' bit his lip and she knew then they could play...okay.

He tried cleaning up his little pick up line, calling it what it was. They laughed together, "No, it didn't sound like the beginning of some cheesy ass line. I think you finished it." she smirked at him then, studying his reaction. "You're cute though, so I'll bite anyway. It's week one. You can't have ran through all the girls on campus yet." Her head tilted again as her eyes unintentionally fell to his shorts again. Fuck. They found his face.

Why did this boy have her so stuck?

I'm taking my time.
I'm doing it right.
Tre

[*] posted on 7-11-2019 at 07:46 PM

You're cute though... Cute? Well, it wasn't "sexy" or "I could see you getting underneath this skirt". But it was a start. Especially with her asking questions about just how much he knew about the girls on campus. "Run through" was such an aggressive term. He liked "become familiar with". And yeah, he was familiar with a good number of the girls on campus. Not all...but a good number. Between his workstudy job as a tutor, his involvement with his frat, and his status as head drum major, there wasn't a shortage...of girls he..."knew". But only the best were memorable. And this girl? Oh, she was very memorable. Or at least she would be. Soon, if he had anything to do with it...

"Hold up, wait." He chuckled, leaning more into the conversation, which cut off the opportunity for Devyn to get another look at his...sweats. She'd gotten enough of a preview...he'd rather give her the full show.

"So, just because I've never seen you before, I've gotta be running through all the girls on campus? Wow..." He rubbed his chin, his eyes traveling the length of her body before coming back to her eyes.

"...maybe it's not even like that." He said simply, biting his lip again.

"I'm a junior and I've seen enough of the women here to know that I haven't see you. And trust me, if I'd seen you before...I'd remember you..."

Trust me. I'm focused...

Devyn

[*] posted on 7-11-2019 at 08:19 PM

Devyn leaned back as he leaned in, her arms going wide to rest on the back of the bench she was sitting on, legs crossed at the knee. She wanted him to have the view. Surfing all summer had done more than clear her head and she knew her body was right. Her jacket, while stylish and necessary to make her outfit more class appropriate, was hiding that fact from her new friend...yeah she wanted to be friends...

Minna, her roommate, had been telling her for days now what she needed to do to "get over her ex". To be clear, just because she'd heard Devyn saying his name in her sleep a few times did not mean she wasn't over him...but maybe she was on to something. Maybe to get over Koi she needed to get under...maybe it's not even like that.

Please! Devyn offered a hearty chuckle then, rolling her eyes yet again before they found his. He thought she was stupid. Tre' was walking around here looking like that, flirting this heavy, and smelling good enough to eat (yeah she peeped when they were close). He had hos. The question was, was Devyn about to join the harem?

"Tell me what it's like then-," it was her turn to bite her lip. Part of her wanted him to show her what "it" was like. Minna had a point and a clear head seemed like a good way to start the year, but...something wasn't...

Tre' answered her semi-innocently. He was a junior. She'd guessed upperclassmen. He looked older and he was talking like he knew the place. Especially the women here, apparently. See. Couldn't help telling on himself...but he hadn't seen Devyn. Well, he was looking at her now.

"You're right. You would remember-," she paused then, the suggestion clear in her tone. She could certainly give him something to remember her by...but he had to come harder than this.

"But maybe I got lost in the shuffle of all the women you've seen enough of. You want to get to know me to be sure?"

I'm taking my time.
I'm doing it right.
Tre

[*] posted on 8-11-2019 at 04:17 AM

The shuffle of women, huh? Okay, with that slick mouth! But, Tre' liked it. Especially because barely any of that "shuffle" of women talked to him like that. Not that all of them could. But Devyn? Oh, he'd watch that slick mouth as long as she let him. The back and forth had him a little...stuck? Not that he was the kind of man to immediately fall for a pretty face, an amazing body, and lips that would've looked a hell of a lot better with him in between them. But he didn't know. Devyn was a little different. The confidence she wore twisted between the words of her short answers. Confidence like that wasn't easy to shake and it pulled at Tre', like a magnet to metal. Her flirt was there too, challenging his every word, but giving him just enough to let her know. She was interested, too...

"You? Get lost? Nah..." He spoke softly, letting his eyes openly roam her body. His gaze landed on her lips.

"...how can you get lost in the shuffle when you don't blend in?" He asked plainly. Sure, he didn't know Devyn from the female's bed he'd left last night (he didn't stay overnight). But different was different. And considering he'd had a lot of the same lately (most of the spring line of AKA's could say they had something in common now), he was ready for something new. And that something was sitting across from him, giving him an in.

"Call bullshit if you want to...but I see you." He smiled at his last words, curling his lips inward...he knew what made his dimples pop.

"I've got a dilemma, though." And it wasn't if he wanted her or not, because in the short time between meeting and flirting, he already knew...she was in the line up. Shit, she was the line up.

"I just met this fine as shit girl in the lobby of the Humanities building, no less. And I want her number, but...I'm afraid she's gonna turn me down...so..." He stood up, time almost drawing closer to them needing to enter the auditorium for class. Working fast was never his style, but damn...

"...I'm just gonna ask her out. What do you think?" He leaned on the wall closer to where she sat, smiling down at her.

Trust me. I'm focused...

Devyn

[*] posted on 8-11-2019 at 05:45 AM

He was right about one thing. Devyn didn't get lost when it came to being noticed. Ironic for someone who lived the life she did, what with her home situation sending her into "hiding", but it was true. She didn't blend. Especially not with boys like Tre'. Yeah, he wasn't low and she already knew who he was. Nah, they hadn't met and she hadn't heard his name or anything, but she could tell from just this conversation Tre' was a smooth talking asshole who might prove to be just the kind of fun she hadn't had over the summer. He may have thought he saw her, but the feeling was mutual.

Devyn smiled as he did, watching those dimples get deeper and...Fuck. She looked away from him then unable to hold his gaze without making it dead obvious that her thoughts had moved beyond polite conversation to...something much less polite. She played it off by starting to collect her things, finding her sketch book and putting it back into her bag as he told her he had a dilemma.

"I'm sure I could help you with that-," She smiled, peeking his way, but refusing to give him the full attention he wanted as she busied herself moving stuff around in her tote. This kid was going to make her lose her cool and she couldn't have that because- I just met this fine as shit girl.... Ugh, he was a charmer.

Devyn let herself melt as she finally looked at him again, smile ever-present. He stood up, backpack hanging loosely off his shoulder and came closer to her. She looked up as he casually leaned against the wall next to her and asked for her opinion about what he should do about the girl he just met. She had ideas...

"I mean...she seems a little mean, but...I think she just might be willing cancel a few things for you..." Oh yeah she would make the time...not that she had shit going on, but he didn't need to know that.

"Try her. See if you get lucky."

I'm taking my time.
I'm doing it right.
Tre

[*] posted on 8-11-2019 at 07:34 AM

See if you get lucky... Tre' smiled at her play on words and hoped that she meant the them way he'd heard them. Because by all means, he was already ready to try her. In multiple ways...and positions. But he didn't want to get ahead of himself. He liked taking his time in all things, and pursuing Devyn was no different. Even if she turned him down, he would've licked his wounds and by the time he was done figuring her out, he'd taste her, too. If she'd let him. And she would... He wasn't one of those dudes that talked about confidence versus cockiness. He was cocky. Big dick energy wasn't just internal and he didn't lie about who he was. He wasn't raised that way, sorry to those who were... They were feeling each other. And he knew was worth her time. And he knew she could already see that...

"Heard..." He replied, flashing a smile at her again.

"You're advice is, like...top level. Thanks! I'll invite you to our wedding..." His laugh was hearty, full. His eyes met hers and a silence fell over them. Almost like the energy between them was talking. And he could hear her, loud and clear. Everything her eyes said, his were saying too. The excitement there. The curiosity... the lust. He got it...

"So...how do you feel about corny ass first dates?"

Trust me. I'm focused...

Go To Top