Not logged in [Login ]
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Java Kai
Ally
Super Administrator

Mood: post in da back...

[*] posted on 22-3-2011 at 12:19 PM
Java Kai

Fresh Kona coffee and other tasty coffees from the Hawaiian islands.
Serita

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 24-1-2015 at 10:03 AM

Checking the face of her phone for the time, which she had done a consecutive seventeen times since she left her dorm room, Serita couldn't help but mentally curse her roomate. She knew Nikki meant well. She always meant well. But seriously. It was like living with a handbook entitled, "What Every Woman Should Know When Going On A First Date." And it was an "outing". Not a date. Which Serita had mentioned to her over-zealous roommate a million times. But no. Nikki had all the questions. Ugh. She could just about mock the neck jerks that accompanied every single ONE of them. It was like the damn Spanish Inquisition. Again, Nikki MEANT well. At least that was the mantra that Serita kept repeating to herself as her roommate just about tackled her when she found out that Serita was very comfortable with wearing a pair of sweat pants out to coffee with this "mystery guy". Yep, Epicurus was still a "mystery" as he wasn't anything to talk about! Just a classmate, nothing more. Yeah...nothing more.

After coming to some type of compromise with her clothes and hair, Serita fled from the room as fast as she could. Not to get to Java Kai. More like to get away from Nikki before she could ask anymore questions...or try to throw a relaxer in her natural do, claiming the men at KRU didn't like "nappy heads". Real pro-black of her. Really. Serita wasn't hearing Nikki, she rarely did. And thanks to her quick escape, she'd made it to the coffee shop just in time, hopefully with time to spare so that she could get a water or something as that hot, Hawaiian day was sparing no one.

Opening the door and feeling the air conditioner in the tiny shop was a welcomed pleasure, the corners of her mouth lifting into a quick smile as the baristas behind the counter greeted her.

And now I see the pretty colors on my canvas.
I'm a work of art, a Mona Lisa

Epicurus

[*] posted on 24-1-2015 at 11:02 AM

Epic chuckled to himself as he won his 3rd game of Trivia Crack (6-2; waddup?!) with his little sister. She knew better than to introduce him to useless information trivia games...well maybe she didn’t and that was why she was getting her butt kicked. Closing the app, he checked the time on his phone, again second guessing this whole thing. He was supposed to be meeting her for a coffee date...well “date” in the sense that they were two people that were planning to come to the same place at the same time. He was still a little early, but low key something was telling him she wasn't coming. With what little he knew about her, it was obvious that she wasn't much for dates...not that this was one. He had simply taken a hint and ran with it. Hopefully he didn't regret it later.

His attention turned as a new patron walked through the door. Serita. He couldn’t say he was disappointed when he finally did see her and he waved a little as her eyes fell on his. She was...cute. Her style was eclectic and he liked that; she wore it well. Now when he factored in her attitude things got a little rough. She was just so damn abrasive about...well, damn near everything. Today he guessed he would try to get to the bottom of why. Well not exactly the bottom, but he was sure to scratch the surface. He knew she hadn’t just come to talk more about feminism, at least he hoped not.

What? Was it too much to ask for regular conversation? In the time between that class and now, he’d come to terms with the fact that he wanted to get to know her. What made her tick? Who was she? What was she into? He was...interested.

He stood as she approached, “Hey-,” she started simply. “You look nice.” He was trying to be sweet. Offering an olive branch. “Should we sit?” he asked sliding back into the booth as she took the seat opposite his. He refused to let an awkward silence fall between them so he spoke again. “So how’s your Saturday going so far?”

Serita

[*] posted on 24-1-2015 at 12:39 PM

His eyes met hers before she even had to worry about catching his attention. Serita returned his small wave with a nod and a smile that she really hoped hadn't turned into a grimace as she got closer to him, especially as he stood to greet her as she finally arrived at their booth. Well...a gentleman? Hm. She guessed chivalry wasn't too dead...although she was highly skeptical that it wasn't in a coma. Putting her bag in the booth before she slid in, her eyes stayed on him. "Hey yourself..." She replied to his greeting.

And a compliment huh? Hopefully not just pleasantries before they ripped into each other with more debate? She didn't know. Considering what they'd left in the classroom the last time they'd spoken, she didn't know what else to expect. That had been her back and forth with Epicurus. Debate, more debate...mental flexing and challenging. Her walls were high for a reason, although what he greeted her with...was a pleasant surprise. "Thank you..." Her eyes still watched him, carefully, an entertained smirk playing on her lips. With a critical eye, she combed his appearance and figured that he looked...well put together. Would she tell him that? Probably not.

"How's my Saturday? Pretty hot. I'm highly thankful for air conditioning." Fanning herself slightly, she propped her face in her palm. "And is your Saturday treating you well?"

And now I see the pretty colors on my canvas.
I'm a work of art, a Mona Lisa

Go To Top