Not logged in [Login ]
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Trifecta Gallery
Ally
Super Administrator

Mood: post in da back...

[*] posted on 9-10-2011 at 11:35 AM
Trifecta Gallery

Three walls for the three mediums of high art: the painted, the sculpted, and the photographed.
Available for Artists' Showcases

Minna

[*] posted on 26-4-2020 at 04:46 PM

"Nooo, sweetie. Those balloons go over there? No...nott your other left. Your LEFT left."

Minna knew she was speaking through her teeth and she really didn't care. If she could rip herself out of her last outfit (and she did mean rip...Devyn was going to kill her), change into her Devyn-made party fit and hightail her ass to Midtown to finish setting up for Devyn's "Space-Age" Runway Party, people could get the placement of simple ass balloon clusters correct. And the tables. And the DJ? And the bars! Was it too much to ask? She thought not. Her own thoughts made her do a slow exhale as she looked at her phone again, checking Devyn's ETA. And apparently she was too close for comfort and Minna was way too stressed about that, too! But throwing a party to celebrate Devyn was worth it. Everything in Minna was completely PROUD of Devyn's runway show! She'd worked so freakin' hard on every part of that show. And dear goddess, the entire show had gone fucking amazingly. The second the lights went down and Solange's "Cosmic Journey" started playing, Minna's hands started sweating and she knew she was going to trip over her feet, impale a bystander with her heel, and fuck the entire production. But it was perfect. Every part of it.

"Yep, the flower wall goes right where you're taking it. Keep walking...and you're walking!" Minna shooed another lost worker off into party oblivion while she waited for Devyn...while she watched the hostesses corral party goers. She was juggling balls and spinning plates...because on top of all the shit she'd taken on, she was running a covert mission. Top secret. Very hush hush. Especially because it involved getting Devyn and Koi talking again. Not that she hated Devyn's rendezvous with Tre'. They were dirty, filthy, and Minna's kind of nasty. But she'd always be "Team Koi". Because no matter what, Devyn's heart belonged to him. No matter how many times she told Minna (after their latest fight) she wasn't worried about "that nigga". Whether Devyn "fake" didn't care or "real" didn't care about Koi, she was going to see him tonight. And they were going to talk this shit out.

"Shit..." Minna hissed, teetering on the gold heels she'd paired with her dress as an alert chimed on her phone that Devyn had just arrived at the venue. Devyn had probably just pulled up to the gallery for a show party that she had no idea was being held in her honor. She'd be walking through the front door and Minna need to make sure everything was perfect...

Because I'm what? Sickening...

Devyn

Mood: Stressed

[*] posted on 27-4-2020 at 05:40 AM

Devyn was fucking beaming! The show that she'd spent the past 8 weeks killing herself for had been PERFECT and she was so happy! From fittings to set design to fucking backstage craft services (no, her show was not fucking basic and she did indeed "feed the models"), she had coordinated every single detail and pulled off one of the most stunning and innovative Freshman Showcases her department had seen in 20 years. Those were her professor's words, not Devyn's. She did it. She had really done something she could be proud of and she'd done it all by herself...well, not all by herself of course. She'd had like 6 panic attacks that her aunt always held her hand through and Minna had of course been an absolute doll as Devyn worked through all things aesthetic, not to mention agreeing to be her featured model. She had a super solid support system and she would have to remember to do something really nice for them soon. Right now, she had a party to get to.

The other two designers chosen for the showcase were having a party to celebrate their (and Devyn's, sure) shows. There was still one more tomorrow, but they'd made it through the hard parts. They all deserved this little chance to cut loose. Devyn had chosen to wear one of her featured designs from the show and as she approached the door of Trifecta (a swanky ass venue as Minna might say), she got a few compliments on the look. No bullshit, Devyn was feeling herself tonight. She was on her game, in her bag, and later she had plans for a private celebration with Tre'. Things were finally evening out for her after her setbacks over break.

Devyn had come to terms with calling her...whatever with Koi over break a "setback" because that's what it was. She had shifted focus from the stuff she should have cared about, her stuff, to him and ever since she'd dropped him, she'd been able to find herself again. She'd done her show, she was acing her classes, and she was having fun. 50% less bullshit, 50% less drama, 100% less Koi. It was what she needed. And despite Minna trying to convince her otherwise, she was off him. Especially after he spoiled the show they were SUPPOSED to be watching together before he freaked the fuck out on her fist week of classes. But that was eons ago. Devyn was moving on and she guessed he was too. He'd hit her a couple of times trying to play like they were still cool, but Devyn left him on read. It was what they needed...what she needed...although it did feel like he should've been here tonight...Ugh! Nope! She wasn't doing that.

Devyn pushed open the gallery door and decided she was leaving any unhappy thoughts she had outside. She was going to grab a drink, find her muse, and have a great time tonight.

I'm taking my time.
I'm doing it right.
Self-Love. Self-Care. Selfish.
Minna

[*] posted on 27-4-2020 at 12:25 PM

"Surprise Bitch!"

Minna swore she was hugging the life out of Devyn, their arms wrapped tight around each other. She so didn't care! The look in Devyn's eyes when she walked in was worth every second of secret planning that Minna'd sneakily snuck in between Enzo, classes, and rehearsals for Devyn's show! It looked like a fucking movie in that art gallery, blushed roses all over the place, a room full of their friends, and rose gold confetti shooters (those were a bitch to find) going off as soon as Devyn walked through the doors, her mouth falling open in true shock.

Okay, maybe Minna had told Devyn that the party they were celebrating was for her and the other showcase designers. That wasn't exactly the truth...now was it? And Devyn figured that out as soon as she saw the blown up of portraits of her sketches, perched on the amazing gold easels she'd sweet-talked out of that Etsy shop for a shout out on her IG. And that sign? Star in a Sky Full of Planets <3 Congrats, Dev! That one, Minna had gotten from Koi, who'd secretly secreted Minna most of the budget...AND the venue...for the party. Would Devyn find out? With the way that she was anti-Koi Kidd (no matter WHAT Minna said) lately? Hell no. It was pushing it for Minna to have even invite him! Which reminded her...

"Now go...mingle! I've got things to take care of. More hush hush shit." Minna smiled as she hugged Devyn and pushed her towards a couple of her classmates. Before she'd even turned from Devyn, she whipped out her phone, ready to send a feverish text to Koi...until a text from Enzo distracted her. She couldn't lie, she'd missed him. This whole "pledging" thing (all of this Kappa stuff was new to her) had his schedule REAL full. No social shit, no extracurriculars. School, home, frat shit. He'd had to watch the entire show through FaceTime and he for sure wouldn't be at the party. She wasn't happy about it, but the roses and chocolates at her station before the show made up for it. And tonight was DEFINITELY going to make up for it...especially with the text Enzo'd just sent her. They'd been texting filthy emojis at each other since the show was over (he'd seen something he liked). BUT she had a party to handle...and she needed to text Koi!

Devyn

[*] posted on 27-4-2020 at 04:45 PM

Devyn yelped, her hands clutching her metaphorical pearls after a few loud 'pops' and a shower of confetti. Were people clapping for her?She laughed as Minna scooped her into a hug, her own arms looping around her neck like they hadn't seen one another in ages instead of hours. "Oh my God, Minna! What is this?!" Why was a party for her and two other designers decorated in her sketches, rose gold everything (her favorite accent color), and a giant banner with a very cute message on it? Minna let her go, her answer coming easily. It's a party for you, bitch, duh! Minna gushed on her a little bit, telling Devyn she was proud and that she deserved to be celebrated. Devyn felt herself tearing up as he hugged her friend again. "Stop it, I love you, boo-," she did. This was so sweet and so...much. Minna was a really good friend and Devyn didn't believe this. She couldn't believe she'd done this for her!

Minna pulled out of their hug, her lips telling her to mingle and that she had more secrets. Secrets bigger than this?! Devyn opened her mouth to ask but Minna had pushed her off on some classmates and disappeared into the crowd, her phone in her hand. Devyn smiled as she got a congratulations from Violet, a girl from her Pattern Drafting class. A very talkative girl. Oh, Dev was going to mingle alright.

Devyn laughed as she hugged her cousin goodbye for the last time. "Thank you so much for coming to the show, Carter-," she let him go then, his lips brushing her cheek as he told her how proud he was of her. That was the night. Her family, her friends, her classmates, and a few haters that couldn't stay away. It was a drama free night about her. Just her. It was exactly what she needed. Devyn smiled, ushering Carter off and promising to see him at her aunt's tomorrow for dinner. He and Athena only had a little time to pop in for the party after the show, but they'd promised to celebrate properly with her tomorrow. That was cool. She had other plans for celebration tonight anyway.

Devyn smiled, wondering where Tre' was. It wasn't like him to be late and with the shit they'd been texting back and forth tonight, she knew he was coming. She was going to be too as soon as this party was over. Mmm...she was bored with the extras and she still hadn't caught up with Minna and her secrets. Hopefully Tre' would pop up soon and feed some excitement into the night...she could give him some incentive...

Quote:
You're late...The longer I'm in this dress the longer you'll have to wait to get it off me...

A tease because he seemed to like when she challenged him and then...

Quote:
Or maybe if I see you soon I'll let you take it off here...

I'm taking my time.
I'm doing it right.
Koi

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 28-4-2020 at 04:09 PM

I mean...if you feel like you gotta go, do it. But I’m TELLING you ‘don’t do it’.

Enzo’s words were a loud, constant echo as Koi waited for Minna’s text, telling him when the coast would be clear and it’d be okay for him to casually “show up” at Devyn’s party like they’d planned. The “party” also known as “the one he wouldn’t stop bothering Minna about unless she let him help out with planning it”. As far as he could see, everything had worked out. Those weird ass flower walls, rose gold, photo ops, and that curly ass, hipster font that Instagrammers used was everywhere. Koi didn’t know shit about decorating, but he could admit it looked dope. And more importantly, when Minna called him with the idea, he knew it would make Devyn happy. That was what mattered most. Her happiness. Over winter break he’d forgotten that. He let shit fall back into “comfortable” without thinking. Without even remembering the promise he made to her…that she mattered. She always mattered...which he would’ve told her if she hadn’t stopped replying to his text messages a month ago. Communication had stopped between them as Devyn had blocked him on everything again. She even blocked a nigga on CashApp. Even if she didn’t want to see him...he missed her. Which was why he’d had to “mission impossibled” his ass into the room. Well, that was ONE reason...

He sucked his teeth, standing just far enough in the back of the gallery to stay unseen. Between the text he was waiting for from Minna and the text he WASN’T waiting for from the line, he couldn’t stop checking his phone. Or searching the room for Devyn. Where was she? Last time he’d seen her, she was saying goodbye to her cousin (bitch ass Carter) and her aunt. It seemed like the perfect time to… The perfect time to what? He didn’t know. It was obvious that she didn’t want to see him so rolling up on her was a “no”. And if he hung back and watched another nigga (fuckin’ Tre’) roll up on her, that was a “hell no”. He couldn’t take that… What choice did he have, though? She’d made it very apparent that moving on was her next move and Koi was nowhere in those plans. So, why was he even here?

Quote:

You still here?

Minna. Koi fumbled his phone as he replied, a little too anxious to let Minna know that he was here and still wondering if Devyn was alone enough for him to…what?

Quote:

If you’re gonna try and talk to her, do it now!

Apparently he was doing…this. “This” meaning “talk to someone who didn’t really care to talk to him and had written him off a month ago. He was chancing a lot for a second with Devyn. He’d given up a night of pledge shit, he’d violated a direct command to NOT participate in any social gatherings. He’d worn colors that were definitely not neutral, meaning if Tre’ did show his face tonight, Koi would be fucked. Royally.

it's gonna get difficult to stand,
but hold your balance...

Devyn

[*] posted on 29-4-2020 at 02:47 AM

"Yeah, no, let's definitely do that-," Devyn smiled her fakest smile as some junior who's name she couldn't really remember continued on about a collaboration they should do. She had only been talking to this person for a minute or two but it felt like forever as soon as she started talking very unironically about how "legwarmers always come back into fashion consciousness". Maybe they did, but not favorably in Devyn's mind.

She laughed a little, telling her new homegirl that she would DM her about it (she was intentional about not asking for her IG) and that she saw someone she knew. She walked away quickly, hopefully disappearing into the crowd so that Legwarmers McGee wouldn't be able to find her again. Where the hell was Tre'? Better question. Where the heck had Minna run off to? Devyn pulled her phone to text her friend, only to feel a pair of hands give her arms a gentle squeeze from behind, a quiet baritone in her ear. Wassup, Hips?

A sigh left her as her teeth caught her bottom lip to quell the smile pulling at her lips. How did he do that? How had Koi been dead ABSENT from her life for almost a full 30 days and still just the sound of his voice had the power to put her heart in her stomach? Devyn chuckled, turning to face him and letting herself smile at him. He was cute. Suit impeccable, as always. A little scruffier than usual, but Koi would always look good to her and she knew that. It was part of the reason she'd been distancing herself.

"Koi-," she said his name, her smile fading, no greeting attached. She was happy to see him, but she didn't want to be. Not tonight. Because inevitably, if he hung around long enough, Koi being here meant they were going to argue. How did he even know about this? Her show was advertised, sure, but this party couldn't have been. The only people that...Minna. Minna and her damn "Team Koi" attitude. Now she really wanted to find her.

"What are you doing here?"

I'm taking my time.
I'm doing it right.
Koi

[*] posted on 29-4-2020 at 05:44 AM

And then there she was again, chatting up some girl with a look on her face that said she was done with the whole conversation, but she was being nice about it. That's when Koi stopped getting glimpses of her and for the first time that night, he finally saw her. She looked like exactly like the message on the "congratulations" sign Minna'd bullied him into writing. She looked like a thousand stars surrounded by people that were just planets compared to the way she shined that night. She was glowing...her smile brighter, her look flawless. But then again, it wasn't hard for her to glow like that when his "black hole" presence wasn't killing her light. Extinguishing her. She'd been able to really be her...without him. Maybe that's what had Koi lingering in the back of the gallery, trying to find it in himself to move. Go talk to her. Do anything besides think about every reason why he should just...stay away. Stop being stupid. Get out of that damn suit and go to line...

And then she walked closer to him, moving through a crowd of people...still not seeing him. But he felt her pull. His feet moved towards her before he could tell them not to. His hands reached out as he got closer to her, holding her arms. Talking into her ear...

"Wassup, hips?" That greeting was familiar. Way more familiar than they'd been as they hadn't spoken in weeks. But when she turned around, biting her lip...smile on her face. He couldn't help but smile too, their eyes meeting. Words moving between him that neither of them spoke, but both of them could hear.

And almost as if she remembered their conversation in his bedroom. Words they'd said to each other. The way she'd left. Her smile slid from her face, saying his name and questioning why he was there. He winced at the way her eyes burned into him, making the five o'clock shadow he was sporting and awkward, grown out hair seem even more out of place with the suit he was wearing. He was bucking the system, but he wasn't bucking it enough to cut his hair and shave. He wasn't THAT stupid.

"Uh...I heard about your show and I wanted to..." Heard about her show? Ha. He'd barely been able to keep getting ready as he could barely look away from the show Enzo had screencasted to their flatscreen. He hadn't missed a single moment, that stupid grin he got whenever Devyn was involved stuck on his face. And even though Enzo had reminded him a million times, it was risky and stupid to come here. But he did it anyway...because...

"...actually I saw the show. And I wanted to tell you that I'm proud of you. Probably doesn't mean a lot because you're still pissed at me...and I get it. We don't have to get into that. I just wanted to say 'congratulations'. That's all..."

but hold your balance...

Devyn

[*] posted on 29-4-2020 at 07:15 AM

He was here. Of course he was. Koi knew exactly what showing up on her big night would mean to her and in a way, she was happy to see him. Against her better judgement, Devyn was always happy to see him. For a little while...but she knew where it always ended up. After a few hours, a few days if she was lucky, they would fight. He would say something she didn't like, she would say something to hurt him, and it would be...this. What they were being now, awkwardly staring at one another with eyes that said how much they still loved each other before Devyn remembered herself and cut the shit.

So what was he doing here? She couldn't help but feel like he was putting her in a little bit of a corner. She'd blocked any form of contact from him for the last month, but she couldn't very well block him actually standing in front of her, could she? Once again, Koi wanted to talk so he was doing what Koi wanted to do...but she kind of wanted this too, right? Devyn might not admit it if anyone asked, but she loved that he came here regardless of the shit between them. Especially as he answered her question, becoming the umteenth person to tell her how proud they were of her. His kind of meant more though...

"You...you watched my show?" her smile returned without permission and she wished he wasn't doing this. Charming her. But he was and Devyn was slipping so quickly and so easily back into being taken with him. She sighed as the rest of what he was saying caught up with her...you're still pissed at me. No. That wasn't it. She wasn't...

"Kid, it's not that I...I'm not mad at you, I just -," she sighed again, her arms crossing as she broke eye contact, not sure how to explain herself. "It was never really you I was mad at. You were right...that day in your room. You were right about break and I didn't want you to be and...that's on me." Best he was going to get as far as apologies went. She knew he wasn't looking for one, but she could admit she'd over reacted and maybe even projected a little. "But, I just needed some time." She looked at him then, the words echoing in her mind. She had needed time. Time for herself. Without him. Did she still?

Devyn reached for him then, her hand taking his as her fingers fell between the spaces his made. "I still don't know about us...but I'm glad you came-," she smiled at him.

"Thanks."

I'm taking my time.
I'm doing it right.
Koi

[*] posted on 30-4-2020 at 02:46 PM

Of course. Of course Koi had watched her show. There wasn't anything that he would've rather done that night THAN watch her show. Did he think he'd be watching it from a television screen in his dorm because she had no interest in seeing him and probably hated him? Definitely not. But thanks to their argument, the ban on social events, and line, which he was about to be late as shit for, this was their reality. Standing in front of each other without saying much and at the same time, with everything to say. Her, standing there, looking like a goddess. Him, looking busted for "no reason". Time was slipping away from them, though. It really would be time for him to leave soon...before he crowded her. Before anything about Devyn's night became about him. Which he knew it was about to be in t-minus five, her words focusing on his comment about her anger with him.

"Dev. You can be pissed at me-." They talked over each other, both falling silent. He'd tried to squash the discussion that he knew was coming, while she was...trying to tell him that he was right? Koi's face showed his surprise at the fact that Devyn was agreeing with the very thing that they'd fought about...the fight that was the reason they hadn't talked for almost a month. But there it was. You were right. No, Zori was right. So was his mom. They'd seen it before Koi had even begun to. He'd been too...in love, he guessed. But now he could see clearly and so could Devyn. Because more than ever, he saw how serious she was when she said the words he wasn't hoping to hear. She needed time...

"I feel you. It's not even like that right now. No pressure. I'm just here to support you. That's it..." He looked down at their joined hands, smiling softly.

"And you're welcome..." His hand tightened around hers, so wrapped in Devyn that he didn't even notice the person walking up on them.

"Aw! My little boos..." Minna cooed, wrapping her arm around Devyn and Koi's waist.

"This is the reunion I dreamed of and thought I'd never get...but now Koi's gotta go. Pumpkins and glass shoes, babe."

but hold your balance...

Devyn

[*] posted on 4-5-2020 at 04:00 PM

Dev. You can be pissed at me...She wasn't. Devyn honestly hadn't been mad at him when they had their blow up. She was pissed at herself. When it happened, she didn't want to be wrong, especially not after convincing herself she was in complete control of their situation...but she wasn't. In their weeks of silence, when things were quiet and she was forced to be alone with her thoughts, Devyn wondered if Koi caught it because he was in recovery. He saw her signs of addiction because he recognized them in himself...because that's what this was.

Devyn was an addict that had fallen off the wagon over break. She'd convinced herself she was fine and she could stop seeing him whenever she wanted, but that wasn't true...not until it had to be. And she told him that. Not so much about all the addiction stuff, but that she hadn't been mad at him, she just knew she was wrong and she hated it. Koi told her again that they didn't have to get into it. He was genuinely here to celebrate with her and she loved that. She loved...Aw! My little boos!

Minna had finally reappeared, her arms wrapping around Koi and Devyn as she came between them. Devyn giggled a little, reluctantly pulling her hand from Koi's as Minna talked about "the reunion she'd dreamed of". Devyn knew she was responsible for this! She wasn't sure if she wanted to kill Minna or thank her at this point, but it didn't really matter as the rest of her friend's sentence caught up with her.

"Wait, what?" What did she mean Koi had to go? Devyn's focus moved from Minna to Koi, "But you just got here-," was she pouting? She was pouting a little, but she couldn't help it! He couldn't be just popping in on her big night. After a month apart? Wow. Where could he possibly have to be right now that was more important than here? With her.

She obviously couldn't ask that and not sound like a complete asshole, but she was waiting for him to say something. Devyn's eyes searched his for an answer. What was more important than her right now?

I'm taking my time.
I'm doing it right.
Minna

[*] posted on 8-5-2020 at 02:06 PM

Quote:

Tre' jus pullt up. Hes here

The second that poorly typed text hit her phone, Minna knew it was "go time". She hastily interrupted some rando talking about "the resurgence of leg warmers" (like, what even?), nearly tripped over the gold gladiator heels she was wearing, and skidded to a stop in just enough time for it to NOT seem like she was about to lose her shit in front of Devyn and Koi. Because Tre' was here. Her horrible texter of a source (one of the overly anxious models who needed an IG mention) said that his car had just pulled up. Luckily the horrible texter also said that it looked like his light skinned ass was going to sit in the car and primp for another. A complete plus for Minna as she had to find a way to get Koi OUT of the gallery before Tre' came in.

Okay, so maybe the whole "my little boos" and "the reunion that I've dreamt of" was her being a little dramatic, but really? It was good to see them together again...especially looking at them making eyes at each other. It was cute...how they were playing that they weren't completely, over the top happy to see each other. Koi had that little grin on his face that he wore whenever Devyn wiggled into a room. And Devyn? You could practically see the pout on her face when Minna told her that Koi had to leave. Which he did. Because Minna was given STRICT instructions. By Koi, and more importantly, but her Enzo-bear. He shows his face. He gets the fuck before Tre' sees him. That was the goal...no matter how pouty Devyn's cute face was getting by the second.

"Little girl...I said what I said. Koi's got..." What did Koi have? A dentist appointment? A class or...

Dev...it's-it's not about me, babe. Tonight's about you. I want you to enjoy it.

If Minna liked slim bodied light skins (sigh, the emotions), Koi would've had her right in the palm of her hand with that comment...just like he had Devyn. Minna could totally tell. Because that line? It was the goddess-honest truth. The night WAS about Devyn. It was completely about her...unlike a lot of things had been with Koi. Minna knew it. From what Devyn had told Minna about their relationship, Devyn had taken the back seat. A lot. But tonight? It was hers. And Koi knew it. He'd wanted to make things as uncomplicated as he could and Minna needed to help him do that before Tre' strutted his equally slim bodied light skinned ass through the doors.

"And! That's why it's time for him to go. You know, before that suit steals the show..." Minna giggled, pulling at Koi's arm. Silently urging him to follow her.

Devyn

[*] posted on 9-5-2020 at 03:04 AM

He was leaving. He was literally showing his face and leaving. Devyn didn't get it. But then she never really did with Koi. He showed up tonight to celebrate with her, but only for a hot minute because...what? Truly, Devyn was dying to know. If she had to be honest, she was already making assumptions she hoped (stupidly) weren't true. He probably had plans with Courtney. Yeah, when they got back from break and she was talking to Koi kind of heavy, his teammate's little girlfriend (who's name she couldn't remember; Shauna or something) made it her mission to find Devyn in the caf and casually mention Koi's "relationship" with her friend Courtney.

She did not miss that part of them. The part that had girls in her face talking about being with him. It gave her Taylor flashbacks and got a rise out of her that random chicks usually wouldn't...but she couldn't pretend that she hadn't full on cyber stalked this Courtney girl one she'd dismissed the fuck out of Simone's stupid ass...and she was cute. And she was the absolute opposite of everything Devyn was. And she was...well, irrelevant then, but very relevant now as Minna's words fell off after "Koi's got"...probably because he had plans with a girl who hadn't blocked him on every form of communication for a month.

Devyn's thoughts broke as Koi told her tonight wasn't about him, her favorite of the pet names leaving his lips. He wanted her to enjoy it. She would enjoy it more with him here though...But Minna seemed to be adamant about getting him out of here and he seemed willing to leave she guessed. Devyn sighed, going in for a hug and letting her head rest on his chest for just a bit. She looked up at him, their bodies still close as she fought the urge to touch her lips to his.

"Thanks for coming, Koi."

I'm taking my time.
I'm doing it right.
Koi

[*] posted on 10-5-2020 at 08:17 AM

He wasn't ready to say "goodbye" yet. It didn't even matter how fucked he was. And he was completely fucked. He was already late to set and every minute he stayed at Devyn's party was another minute he'd have to pay for. But damn if he really couldn't stop looking at her. Nothing about that was new. After a month of only seeing her at a distance and not hearing her voice, he just wanted to take in all that he could about her. Like how she'd tried not to smile while they were talking, but her lips wouldn't let her hide how she really felt about seeing him. How she said that she wasn't angry with him when he could have understood if she still was. How even after all the this time, her smile still made HIM grin like a dumbass. How beautiful she was.

But he'd meant what he'd said. It was about her. It didn't matter what he wanted. What mattered what would cause the least drama. Koi'd wanted the night to be memorable for her. Having her current man (or whatever the fuck Tre' thought he was) walk up on him when he shouldn't have been there in the first place? That wasn't part of the plan. So, he'd go. But not before...

Devyn's arms opened to him and he didn't hesitate as he pulled her to him, his arms wrapping around her waist. She pressed against him, her cheek resting on him as they held each other. He felt himself relax into her too, their hug lasting longer than it should've. He didn't care. It'd been too long. Finally, she looked up at him, their eyes meeting.

"You're welcome." He said, pulling her in as he placed a kiss on her forehead.

"Anything for you." They pulled away from each other, Minna tugging at his arm as she looked at the back door to the gallery, meaningfully. It really was time to get the fuck on. With the way the panic was setting on Minna's face, Koi knew Tre' was probably already there. With more effort than it probaby should've taken, he smiled at Devyn one last time.

"Later, Devyn."

but hold your balance...

Go To Top