Go To Bottom

Not logged in [Login ]
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4  5
Author: Subject: Foyer & Living Room
Devyn

Mood: Stressed

[*] posted on 21-11-2011 at 11:29 PM

Fucking right she was fucking mad! She was pissed like hell that this little bitch thought it was fucking okay to take her place as soon as she fucking got up; and to make things worse, Koi let the bitch do it! Damn right she was mad and she didn’t have not one issue with letting him know it, her face speaking the volumes that she would not embarrass herself in letting her voice speak. She would not cause a fucking scene. She refused. If this nigga thought that this simple ass trick was about to give him the ride she was prepared to give him, then fuck it. She could. She could tell by watching this bitch she was a mediocre lay...at best. Devyn had been a sure fucking thing and now the kid was fucking it up...

“Well why don’t you tell me what it’s like, Koi. I’m curious-,” her voice was calm, dangerously so as her tone took on a sardonic curiosity. She saw what the fuck it was like. It was like this nigga had replaced her in the time that it took her to make it back across the room and it was like a bitch was about to get fucking fried in this motherfucker if she kept giving her the goddamn eye she was giving! What the actual FUCK?! Devyn knew this bitch wasn’t under the impression that she was about to be invited. Sex with Devyn was just that. Sex with Devyn. Not Devyn and some fucking nameless nobody that fell onto your dick. FUCK NO. Fuck no...This shit wasn’t happening. It couldn’t be fucking real. But it was and the more that she thought about it the angrier she got. She’s...a friend. Peep that shit. He didn’t even fucking know the whore’s name. Seriously? Seriously. Devyn was so fucking blown at the way this was playing out right now, but not as blown as she was about to be. His words met her ears and everything inside her body shut the fuck down. She had been wrong. The girl seemed to be down with whatever happened next but, it wasn’t her idea...Koi was asking her for a threesome.

He stood up, closing the distance between them, but careful to keep his hands to himself as her expression hadn’t changed at his suggestion. What did she think? Did she like it? Oh...A smirk to match his fell on her lips as she cut her eyes to look up at him. Her fingers caught the collar of his shirt gently pulling him to her level, so that she could speak into his ear, “If she comes upstairs...there won’t be an ‘us’-,” She pushed him away then, the smirk falling from her lips as she just looked at him. “You’re fucking this up-,” she started, her finger pointing for emphasis, “You need to figure your shit out before you lose the option...”

I'm taking my time.
I'm doing it right.
Self-Love. Self-Care. Selfish.
Koi

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 22-11-2011 at 08:33 AM

What was the big fucking deal? No really, what was it? Koi couldn't understand as he left the spot where he sat, stood up and closed the space between he and Devyn. Why was she angry? The way he saw it, they were both getting what they wanted. A little bit of fun...and each other. This girl was just an addition to what they would be doing in the bedroom. It was like throwing some lube in the mix. It really wasn't necessary, but it sure made things a hell of a lot better. In the grand scheme of shit, she didn't really matter. But Devyn was making it seem that she did and that wasn't the damn truth. She was just some bitch who probably got turned on by the shit she saw play out between he and Devyn and took advantage of an open lap. She wasn't a threat. He didn't even know her. And what was kinda fucked up? The same shit applied to Devyn. Looking back on the matter, they'd known each other for a full, what? 24 hours? 48 maybe? He knew nothing about her except that she had that ass and...that she threw a hell of a punch. But other than that, she and girlie on the couch were about at the same place. Except... the chick on the couch didn't have the swag that Devyn did. She hadn't made him blur out any other female at the party when she walked in. He hadn't even known she existed until he spotted her staring at him. And she didn't make his dick scream the way Devyn did either...

Looking in her eyes, he silently prayed to whatever sex god could hear him that Devyn would understand, that she'd drop the shit and just let him get in her. It wasn't even that damn serious. They just wanted to fuck right? So they could do that and they could enjoy the desperate pussy that was this AJW freak in the process. Watching a smirk break on Devyn's lips was like a fucking angel singing, light breaking, harps playing. All that shit. She wanted to play along...good. He licked his lips, his eyes talking "sex" the way his mouth wasn't as she pulled him down to her, her lips hitting his ear.

If she comes upstairs...there won’t be an "us"... Koi's smile melted from his face, his eyes rolling as she pushed him from her, her eyes angrier than they'd been when they'd gotten at each other in the lunchroom. An ultimatum? For real? Nodding, he looked over her head as she kept talking, the party still going on. People were still getting it in, kissing, touching, rubbing. Loving on each other. Why the fuck couldn't she just do that and get over the bullshit? It wasn't even that serious. It wasn't like they were in some committed ass relationship (which Koi didn't touch) where he couldn't fuck other girls. He barely knew her. And now she was laying down laws about what it took to get in that? Naw, fuck that. He was gone have his fun...

"I'm fucking this up?" He asked, his face drawing closer to her. "Looks to me like you're missin' out, hips. Instead of making me lose out on options...you need to get with explorin' yours."

it's gonna get difficult to stand,
but hold your balance...

Devyn

[*] posted on 22-11-2011 at 10:27 AM

Did he really not see why she was upset? Did he really not get how fucked up he was being right now? How fucking in the wrong he was?! He had to be fucking joking! It was blowing her fucking mind that Koi figured this threesome shit was okay. Not even an hour ago he’d laid claim to her pussy in front of MJ and all his little friends, and she allowed that shit. Koi would be her cutty buddy for tonight and that was the end of shit right? Wrong. That shit went both ways. If Koi wanted to call Devyn his, she sure as hell had the same right not to share him with some random broad. If she had come back with some nigga hold the hips he loved so much, Devyn knew he would have had the same fucking attitude she did right now. Hell, he’d already proven that shit with his little talking ass friend. He obviously didn’t want anyone else talking to her, let alone touching what was his...so why did he think the shit was okay for him to do? Koi had to be smarter than this...

But he wasn’t. He bought her “go with it” routine, before her words hit his ear and his face filled with annoyance. Fuck him and his fucking feelings about the situation. That random bitch was not going upstairs when Devyn did and if it really wasn’t that big of a deal, he wouldn’t have cared. But he did, his eyes looking over her head as she told him he was fucking up. Fuck! He had completely murdered her high and now she was starting to get fucking mad. All he had to do was tell the bitch to hop off but, instead he was making shit look like she had made the fucked up decision. The only decision that had been was choosing him apparently. It took everything in her power not to punch him dead in his face as he informed her that she was the one missing out. She’d give him this, he had big balls to talk to her the way he was and she was about to knee him in both of them. This motherfucker...

“You know what...you’re right-,” she admitted slowly, looking away from him as she shifted her weight on her feet, her arms crossing over her chest before her eyes came back to his. “How ‘bout I explore my muthafuckin’ option to go the fuck home? I feel like I’ve been fucked over enough for tonight.” And the shit was deaded. She didn’t care about what he had to say next, if anything and she didn’t give a shit if he slept with that girl. Can’t no bitch do it like Dev and she wasn’t about to go out of her way to convince him otherwise. Fuck this kid!

I'm taking my time.
I'm doing it right.
Koi

[*] posted on 22-11-2011 at 11:51 AM

Oh, she was trippin'. When the truth came down to the fucking truth, it wasn't even about him choosing ole' girl over Devyn. It was about him having a damn choice and he sure wasn't taking hers from her. He didn't want her to, but she could say "no" to him. To be truthful, he hadn't though she would've in the first place. She was cool. Cool as fuck, actually. She blew trees and probably rolled them too. She liked to party...and she came correct. Koi respected that about her. But in the small amount of shit that he knew about her, he couldn't help but realize that he didn't know that much more. And he hadn't known that she'd get so damn...annoyed with the fact that he liked to explore. Koi wasn't tied down. He didn't have a girl and he didn't want one. He wasn't the type. Things were simple when he didn't have to even fucking THINK about what it took to carry on like that with someone. To stay faithful in that shit. He didn't have to think about control and fighting what was naturally in him. Fighting what he just...was. Nah, he'd opt out. For one night, Devyn was what he wanted. Just one night. He wasn't trying to date her, wife her...just fuck her. And if she didn't want to let him do that because of extenuating ass circumstances then that was her call. But it didn't have to be his too.

Hearing her agreeing words would've been better...if she was actually agreeing with him. But looking into her eyes, Koi knew that he wasn't winning that shit tonight. She wasn't trying to cut with another bitch in the room. And if that was what she wanted, he'd let it go. Let her go. Shrug that shit off like the amount of "matter" that it was really worth. Yeah, he was losing, but he'd take his "L". She didn't now shit about him. Not enough for him to let her pussy control his decisions. He hadn't even smelled it yet. Regardless how those hips curved, how her breasts rode, how sweet her lips tasted...he wasn't hers to control. And if the tables were turned, he would've given her the same freedom. If, for some fucked up reason, she'd decided to get with Derrick instead, that would've been some shit but he would've let the shit happen. Her decision. Lesser man, but her decision. And now, it was his.

"So, you leavin' cause of this shit?" He asked, his eyes narrowing, body drawing away from her as he stepped back, the distance between them growing with every word. "Okay..." What the fuck else could he have said? It was apparent that she wasn't having it and it was also apparent that he was.

"Aight...I can't change your mind. Do what you do..." Looking her up and down quickly, he rubbed his chin, rolling his eyes at her as he stood there and took the fucking knives she was throwing at him.

but hold your balance...

Devyn

[*] posted on 22-11-2011 at 12:49 PM

This shit was getting really fucking old, really fucking fast. It was time for her to go before she was forced to embarrass this boy in front of his new little plaything and his friends. He was being absolutely ridiculious and if he wasn’t seeing reason, she certainly wasn’t going to lead him to it. He was wrong. Dead wrong and he could sit alone, in his wrongness, and be wrong. Fucker! Ugh! She was so over this entire night, already throwing this party into her ever-growing pile of regrets as Koi moved away from her in response to her decision. Yeah she was leaving. What did he really expect? Being replaced wasn’t a good feeling and whether he wanted to admit it or not that was exactly what he had done. She had been replaced. He could claim that that girl wasn’t important all be wanted but, the girl wasn’t the one leaving now was she? Devyn was.

Koi had chosen that girl over her and that was the end of it...Fine. Koi wasn’t shit and his dick wasn’t gold. He could put it where he pleased but, he would not be getting into Devyn that night...Shit, she hated him even more for that. She couldn’t even pretend he hadn’t worked her up, his hands, his kisses, that mouth...Mmmm. And now she was taking herself home without getting off once. Really? Fucking really?! And he had the fucking nerve to be nonchalant about it? Do what you do.

“Whatever, nigga. I guess I fucking will then-,” she bent over, taking the blazer she’d discarded earlier from the floor not bothering to look back up at him as she stood and made to leave.

“Great party, motherfucker.”

I'm taking my time.
I'm doing it right.
Devyn

[*] posted on 19-12-2011 at 03:10 PM

---Christmas Day---

Here she was again. The last time she’d pulled into this driveway, that night had ended in disaster. All she could do was hope this time would be nothing like that. It was Christmas, right? Miracles happened. Leaning over into the passenger’s seat, she grabbed the gifts she’d brought for Koi and his little sister. She’d spent hours looking for something for Eri before finally picking something she might like. She wasn’t even sure they were exchanging gifts but, she couldn’t very well show up empty handed now could she? No. She checked her lip gloss in the rear view, a soft sigh on her lips before she got out. She was nervous. Why was she so nervous? It wasn’t like she hadn’t chilled with Koi before and his sister being there wasn’t a big deal...was it? Ugh! She didn’t know. But she was here now and there really wasn’t any turning back.

Getting out of the car, she ran a hand over her skirt, shifting the gifts in her hand so that one could be free to knock on the door. She could do this. It was no different from any other time she and Koi had hung out and she would keep it from being as awkward as she felt right now. Closing the distance between her car and the door she stopped, her finger hovering over the door bell. Push it. Push it. Ugh! She was being ridiculous! There was nothing to be nervous about!

She pushed the button, a light chime sounding from inside the house as she waited for the door to be opened.

I'm taking my time.
I'm doing it right.
Shemar

[*] posted on 19-12-2011 at 04:16 PM

Fresher than a mutha fucker. That's what Shemar was, looking in the gilded mirror next to the massive, wooden double doors of his home. They say that the reflection of a man's wealth was what he saw surrounding him. The house, the furnishings, that fly ass mirror on the wall? Nah, none of that really said "wealthy" to Shemar. But that reflection? Yeah, it said it all. He was "popped collar" fresh that day. For good reason. He had shit to do. A charity that morning. Some sort of "give toys to the needy" drive at the local high school and then on to...more important things. "More important" being the girl he'd met at the signing of his autobiography a week ago. They'd been kicking it for a little while, getting friendly and shit. And tonight...Shemar had the feeling that she was finally going to let him...open her present. It was Christmas Day, after all. Wasn't it?

Straightening his tie for the second time since he started gazing at his perfection in the mirror, he smirked at his reflection and rubbed his goatee. There should've been a law against being this fucking fine. Adjusting his jacket, he made to call up to his kids, just to let them know that he was leaving. Yeah, he was leaving on Christmas Day. So fucking sue him. They knew their father was busy and with all the shit they had going on, they wouldn't even notice he was gone. Koi was always off doing something that would later result in HIM having to go bail his ass out. Sometimes, it seemed like Shemar took his son's future more serious than his son did. And Eri, even though she was never a problem, had her nose in some book. They were fine. And since they were good, Shemar was going to find something to get into and get "good" himself. Damn killing his fun because of some family holiday. The family wasn't even complete as Fumie had taken off early that morning, headed to who knew where. Shemar didn't really think twice about it. That was her m.o. That was the shit she did. And because that was what he'd come to expect, there was no reason to really care.

Leaving the mirror, he grabbed his keys from the side table where he'd left them the night before, his hand coming to hover over the handle of the front door...until the doorbell rant. Who the hell was that? He wasn't expecting company...and even if he was, his company knew better than to ring the front door bell. So, who could it have been? Turning the bolted lock, he pressed the handle and pulled the door open, his eyes meeting what he could only describe as "damn".

"Well hello." He said simply, pulling the door completely open as he leaned against it, his hands crossing over his chest as his eyes roamed the body that stood in front of his door. Damn...he would definitely be writing a thank you letter to Santa later on that day.

i was born on top of the world.
Devyn

[*] posted on 19-12-2011 at 05:51 PM

Well hello. The smile on her face slipped a little, her eyes meeting an unfamiliar set that were...somehow more inviting than Devyn had expected. This was not who was supposed to answer the door. Who the hell even was this? Koi said his parents would be gone and it would be just he and Eri. Just the three of them. So who was this...damn. She and Koi were just friends right? She sure hoped so because the thoughts she was having about his brother, cousin, whatever, were extremely inappropriate. She could tell they were related, his features were too much like Koi’s but...this couldn’t be his father. He wasn’t old enough.

Starting at his shoes her eyes gave him the once over, stopping in the places that might interest her, should she find out that the kid was doable for friend’s standards. Sure, she wouldn’t mind having him as a stocking stuffer but, if Koi wasn’t for it she’d have to pass. But as his eyes roamed her body even more throughly than her’s had his, it became apparent that this guy wouldn’t care what Koi said about it one way or the other. She had to stop. Oh shit, she had yet to respond.

“Um...hi-,” She blinked, her eyes refocusing as she reapplied the smile she’d be wearing before, “Merry Christmas. I’m Devyn.” She paused, waiting for an introduction before she remembered, saying her name could very well mean nothing to him, “I’m a, uh...a friend of Koi’s. He invited me over...”

I'm taking my time.
I'm doing it right.
Shemar

[*] posted on 19-12-2011 at 08:11 PM

Shemar could tell. He could see it in her eyes, well...when his gaze finally reached her eyes...that whoever she was, she wasn't expecting him to open the front door of his own house. It didn't take too much thought to figure out who she was expecting. Koi, of course. Even though any female gracing the steps of Shemar's home were either the help or...not the help, it was definitely a surprise to see someone ringing his door bell and asking for his son. Koi wasn't the type to bring any of his females home. Mostly because he didn't keep any of them around long enough to let his family even catch a whiff. But this one? She was definitely his type. Every poster on Koi's wall had a girl gracing it that looked just like her. Little waist, hips for days, a nice set of D's...full lips. Very nice. It wasn't necessarily Shermar's taste, but he definitely didn't discriminate. She was way too easy on the eyes. So much so that he didn't mind looking for a little while longer.

Hi... Cute ass little voice. Yeah, she was adorable. Biting his lip, his head cocked to the side as she tried to explain herself. Her name was "Devyn"? Yeah, she looked the type of girl with an unconventional name. Just looking at her, Shemar could tell there were all sorts of things that were unconventional about her. Her body, for one thing as she didn't do much to hide it. And her eyes...as she didn't mind him knowing that she'd actually taken the time to check him out a bit. No a problem, because he was looking too. She was a guest of Koi's. Okay, Shemar pretty much assumed that...as amazing as that was. Without a reply, Shemar continued to watch her, returning, more than once, to those shapely legs in that almost-too-short skirt. Shemar could admit, he felt a little guilt, eyeing up his son's "friend" the way he was. Fair game was all Shemar saw. And the way she was looking at him? That said she was old enough and if age meant THAT much, he'd let her call him "Sir"..."Daddy", even.

"Devyn..." He said her name slowly, a smile forming on his lips as his eyes connected with hers. "Nice to meet you...Devyn." His teeth broke through the smile as his back left the door. He stepped towards her a bit, leaving a couple of inches between them. "Hmmm, I don't recall Koi saying that he had company today. Especially not from anyone named...'Devyn'." He was teasing her and wondering, silently, if she'd play along. He loved when they played along. What? He was married...not dead.

"I'm not sure if I should let you in..." He muttered, his eyes narrowing as he looked at her. "What do you think? Should I let you in...?"

Devyn

[*] posted on 19-12-2011 at 09:38 PM

Who was this guy? No really. Who was he? Even after her introduction, his never came. He didn’t dive a name or a title, or anything that might hint to her why he’d opened Koi’s front door. Shit. Was she at the right house? She had to be. She had been sober when she came and when she left the last time and this had been the house. She wasn’t crazy. So who was this guy answering the door? Her name broke his lips slowly after a short silence and she nodded in response. Right. She was Devyn. That was usually when normal people introduced themselves...

But he did not, moving on telling her that it was nice to meet her as a smile graced his lips and he stood up straight. “It’s um...nice to meet you too-,” she smiled a little as he stepped closer to her, the nervousness she had been feeling magnifying by ten. Shit, shit, shit, shit, shit. What could she say. She honestly hadn’t expeceted a conversation. A ‘hey’ here, a ‘Koi invited me’ there and boom. Inside. Now...now he was talking, mentioning that Koi never mentioned company. Ummmm...Okay...She opened her mouth to respond but closed it again once she realized she had nothing to respond with. She wasn’t exactly sure how to reply to that and as he continued she became even more clueless.

She knew she was stuck because she didn’t even have a smart ass reply. Nothing witty, or clever, or even remotely funny. All she had was confusion. Confusion that was threatening to leave her mute at Koi’s front door looking extremely stupid in front of his...this guy. And she’d be honest about just that confusion as she really had nothing else to say.

“So...I really have no idea what you want to hear from that-,” she replied with a nervous giggle. She wanted to follow up with something but really that was it. That was all she could offer as she completely failed at answering the question he had asked. Mostly because she couldn’t tell if he was serious or not...he wasn’t...right?

Fuck.

I'm taking my time.
I'm doing it right.
Shemar

[*] posted on 19-12-2011 at 10:10 PM

Barely holding the amused smile that was trying to give way to a humored laugh, he waited for Devyn's answer as to whether he should step aside and let her into his home. Or...Koi's home. But all he was getting from her was the look of confusion that she'd been wearing from the moment she spotted him at the front door. She'd been expecting Koi to open the door for her, huh. Yeah, that look said that she was expecting a lot of things...like Shemar's name and identity for starters. And he wasn't going to give it to her. Not happening. Watching her try to figure out just who he was and how she should respond to him was too much fun. And what was more fun? Seeing a hint of interest in those eyes, a look that probably would've never crossed her face if she had known he was Koi's father. Or maybe it would've, depending on what type of female she was. He hoped she was the adventurous type. The kind of girl that liked her shit "vintage". Until he could get a grasp on her, Shemar wasn't dropping any hints. He'd keep choosing his words just carefully enough to evade answers. It was all just a game. And when he got tired of it, he'd introduce himself...and maybe let her into the house. Right now, he was feeling her out...enjoying himself a little. No harm in that.

Looking at her expectantly, a comical grin gave way as she admitted that she didn't really know what he wanted to hear from her. He wanted her to play along, that was what he'd wanted. But she seemed to be a more cautious one. Hesitant to return the flirt he was giving her and very careful with the words she said. She was still questioning. Not sure if the man that stood before her was the father or the brother...or even a cousin considering that she was at their home on Christmas Day. The puzzled look was classic. And for his enjoyment...she could wear it just a little while longer.

"Hey...I'm joking with you." He admitted, chuckling softly. "You're welcomed to come inside, you know. Any friend of Koi's is a friend of mine..." There. There was the introduction to his home. She could cross the threshold. But still, Shemar stood in front of her, not moving aside so that she could walk through the doors. Instead, he looked at the gifts that she held in her arms. Two of them.

"...and you came bearing gifts! No gift for me, though?" He asked her, his eyes still fastened to hers.

Devyn

[*] posted on 20-12-2011 at 05:31 PM

This was horrible. Completely and totally awful as she was making things incredibly awkward for the both of them. But she couldn’t think! She didn’t know who this guy was so she didn’t want to say the wrong thing to him! If this was family, she wanted to make a good impression, if he wasn’t...well she wasn’t going to go into what she was thinking if he wasn’t family. But he had to be. He had Koi’s eyes, minus the color, and definitely a lot of his swag. Being a smart ass wasn’t going to go over well if her misbehavior got back to people Koi cared about so she was playing things careful. Really, really careful. But it wasn’t going well that way either. This nameless guy was giving her the hardest time and she wasn’t even sure how to respond to what she hoped was him just messing with her.

And she told him so, admitting that she had no idea what he wanted to hear. She was willing to tell him whatever if it meant she could walk away from this whole awkward situation. She shouldn’t have agreed to come here. Her aunt had offered to spend the day with her as Carter had taken off to who knew where. No. Instead she’d come here. To this. To Koi, his sister, and some stranger that she was making a complete fool of herself in front of. And as he spoke again she grew tired of trying. Of course, he was kidding. She was too tense, she had been since she’d gotten out of the car. She just needed to relax. She needed to be herself. That was what was happening. She didn’t know who she was trying to impress and that meant she didn’t know how she had to act to make the right impression...so she was done acting.

She chuckled a little as he mentioned the gifts, her eyes narrowing playfully, “What do you mean ‘no gift for you’? She paused as her smile curved into a smirk, “I’m here-,” So sue her! Koi had left her out to dry and she didn’t know who this kid was. She was going to play his game until he came clean with a relation or Koi came to save her. All she could do was be herself. And herself found this man to be...

Well damn.

I'm taking my time.
I'm doing it right.
Shemar

[*] posted on 21-12-2011 at 06:09 PM

And that answer...was definitely more like it. Devyn wanted to play. Shemar had to admit it, he wasn't too sure about little Devyn. She looked the part of the bad girl. And when he saw her at his door, he had been sure that she could play it a bit too well. But now, there were doubts. Between the nervous glances and the pauses in the exchange of their conversation, Shemar could tell she was feeling a little uneasy. What was there to feel uncomfortable about? They were just...talking. Vibing on each other, right? No pressure, as far as he was concerned. Just a friendly meet and greet...between two friendly people. Although...if she wanted to take their exchange and turn it into something else...something a little sweeter, he wouldn't have objected. But Devyn wasn't leading up to expectations at all...not until that last little quip after he'd asked about the presents that she held in her arms. She was his gift? He wasn't too far from believing that, seeing how nicely she was wrapped. But for her to say it? He wondered if Santa had brought her to his doorstep, meant for Koi, but with a gift tag that said his name instead.

"Is that so...?" He said, chuckling as his eyebrows raised at her reply. "Didn't you say...Koi invited you?" Biting his lip, he challenged her words. She was his gift? Because it sort of looked like everything that she came packaged with was wrapped up just for his son, not him. Ha. Right. That was kind of a waste. He wasn't trying to front his son out, but...his son didn't know what to do with a girl like Devyn. Koi was young, stupid as hell with his head wrapped up in the shit he put into his system more than any female. Put it this way, the only "female" that Koi gave a damn about was that Mary Jane. Any other woman was inconsequential and Shemar knew enough about his son to know that Koi didn't hide that fact. He didn't hesitate to let girls know they didn't mean shit. And Shemar knew this to be a fact because despite the time he spent away from his family, he knew his son. Outside of the drugs, Koi was a lot like him. No matter the numerous interventions and rehab centers, Koi had an eternal love affair with any chemical that could take him away from the life he had, something that always confused Shemar. his son had a good life, better than the one Shemar had had, yet he STILL didn't appreciate it. Ungrateful ass. Point was, Koi did the drugs before hugs and Shemar did fucking before feelings. The thing they had in common? No emotions. When they couldn't feel anything, they could pretend as if it didn't exist.

"Well...guess I owe him a serious 'thank you'." He said, his eyes staring into Devyn's as he leaned into her and spoke softly."Because you...are the best gift I've gotten in awhile. " With another smile, he stood aside, motioning to her to walk into his home.

"After you..."

Devyn

[*] posted on 21-12-2011 at 07:10 PM

She hadn’t meant anything by her last little quip, she was simply returning the flirt he was putting out. She could tell he had been messing with her from the time he opened the door and the single reason was to see just how...attached, and in what way, she was to Koi. She hadn’t solidly decided on a reason why but, she was sure it wasn’t because he wanted to later give Koi his approval. He wanted to smash; she could see it in the way his eyes roamed her body, lingering at her thighs and removing every stitch as he made his to her face. She knew what lust looked like and in this guy...it kind of looked the same way it did when Koi exuded it. All the more reason for her to believe that this guy was more closely related than some cousin from Detroit. Koi had never mentioned an older brother...then again, if she had a sister that looked like the spitting image of herself in 10 years, she might not mention her either...

Is that so... Her smirk never faltered as he spoke, asking her to confirm who invited her, “I did say he invited me. Doesn’t mean I can’t spread a little holiday cheer before I see him-,” She refused to give more suggestive answers until she found out more about this guy. How old was he? Where did he come from? And what exactly was his relation to the kid? And she couldn’t get over the nagging feeling that she had seen him somewhere before. She had just chalked it up to him looking a lot like Koi but, she was sure she remembered his face specifically for some reason...There were too many questions not to play it safe, but the ‘safe’ she was playing at before had been no fun for anyone. At least this way she could enjoy her time awkwardly standing in the doorway with this cute stranger until Koi decided to finally show his face. Where the hell was he? Not that she was complaing too much.

And this cat didn’t seem to be either, telling her that he would have to thank Koi for inviting her because...Aw. Cute. She giggled a bit as he finally stepped to the side, allowing her to enter the house. Finally. Her smile didn’t falter as she passed him, stepping into the familiar foyer that led to an even more familiar living room. Although the last time she’d seen it, it was filled with oversexed teenagers. She could feel his eyes on her back as she walked further into the room, placing the gifts she held on a round table that decorated the entrance. Turning back to her new friend, she decided that if he wasn’t going to offer the information she needed to take this talk up a notch, she would ask for it.

“So who is Koi to you? He never mentioned an older brother...” she thought about sharing thoughts on him being his father but, she still couldn’t believe that. She was sure he’d gotten someone pregnant, but not long enough ago for the kid to be Koi’s age right? Or was she completely stupid?

I'm taking my time.
I'm doing it right.
Shemar

[*] posted on 21-12-2011 at 07:52 PM

Watching Devyn walk into the house had been a real treat, no denying that. The girl had a walk that was nearly twice her age, her body sporting curves that it shouldn't have seen until AT LEAST another ten years. Shemar wasn't positive, but he was very sure that she couldn't have been more than eighteen if she was hanging with his son. Although, with the way Koi partied, Shemar really wouldn't have been surprised if she was in college. He really wasn't stupid enough to think that his son partied with his own type. No, Koi's wildness went far beyond the walls of KPA...and that local public school where the KR nobodies sent their spawn. Shemar had cleaned up enough messes and "sweet talked" enough cops to know that to be true. There was just something about getting a call at four am to let you know that your son was in lock up...for the second time this month. It kind of sucked all of the doubts that he had about Koi out the damn window. But did Shemar fix every issue like a goddamn clean up man? Yeah, he did. Did he empty his pockets just to keep his spiteful ass son's record clean? Fuck yeah, he did. And Koi, as defiant as he was, never really appreciated it. Fuck his appreciation. Shemar did everything he did for one reason. Kidd. That name. That franchise. That legacy.

Shemar closed the front door behind himself, eyes still on Devyn as she walked, a little bit too familiar-like, into the living room and placed the gifts that she'd held onto the circular table in the middle of the entrance. She'd been to his home before. Maybe she'd been to one of those wild parties that Koi threw when ever the house was empty and Eri's nanny was free. There was so much shit left over from those parties that they hired people to come in and clean after they were over. Vomit stains on Fumie's rugs, condoms in the most hilarious of hiding places and shit in the carpet that Shemar didn't even WANT to put a name to. All of that a small price to pay to keep Koi from wreaking havoc on the streets as opposed to his own home. The parties were contained...but they were crazy. Everyone and anyone knew that to be true. And if she'd been to one, that was only further proof that Devyn was on the naughty list. For a moment, Shemar's eyes floated to the winding, open staircase that led from the top floor to where he and Devyn stood, wondering when his son would make his "grand" appearance. Not like Shemar was impatient for it. Quite the contrary. Koi could take as long as he liked...

Unbottoning his suit coat and slipping his hands into his pants pockets, he smiled as Devyn turned around and faced him again. From the look on her face, the game was about to commence again...with questions? Oh. Questions about his identity. Devyn was curious about who he was? Why couldn't she just settle for "mysterious stranger"? Now that was a game that he would've loved to introduce her to...because the "getting to know you" part was the most fun. Who is Koi to you? not an applicable question. At all. Shouldn't the question have been "who was Koi to her"? Friend, classmate, girlfriend? Did Shemar really give a damn? Not so much. Because "Shemar's Plaything" sounded so much more appealing to him and other titles were neither necessary or important.

"Koi doesn't have an older brother..." He answered vaguely, his smile reaching his eyes now as he continued to watch her, tease her with his lack of details. "And why are we asking questions about how I know Koi when I should be asking who he is to you..." Walking towards her, he looked at her with expectation, waiting for an answer that wouldn't come as a voice from the top of the stairs interrupted their conversation.

"Or maybe you should just answer her question...Pops. She DID ask you first..."

Devyn

[*] posted on 22-12-2011 at 05:24 AM

If they were going to keep playing this little game, he was going to have to give her something to go on. She couldn’t keep this up without knowing who she was talking to. It could lead to a lot of future embarrassment that she was not willing to endure for the sake of a couple minutes of fun while they waited for Koi. She had to know who the kid was if he wanted her to keep up a conversation and she was no longer taking his silence for an answer. If he didn’t want to tell her who he was, she would simply ask. And ask she did, her question simple and to the point as he watched her. Did she expect him to answer? No. Not right away anyway. She could already see that the easy way wasn’t his M.O. and getting a straight answer out of him was going to be a lot harder than just asking. So she would pester. She wasn’t going to answer his questions until he answered hers and that was a promise.

But he did answer her, in a way. His cryptic response being that Koi didn’t have an older brother. Okay. So...that was his chance to say something along the lines of ‘I’m not his brother but his...’ whatever. Why was he so keen on her not knowing who he was? People usually wanted others to know who they were talking to. It was common courtesy and who didn’t like making themselves known? It was weird and the more he avoided the question, the more she began to feel like she needed to pull back on everything she was doing until she got a solid answer. It didn’t make sense...

And it became completely apparent why as Koi joined the two of them, his voice sounding from the top of the stairs. Did he say ‘Pops’? As in his dad? As in the man that had a hand in giving birth to him? As in...what? No. No, this wasn’t right. That couldn’t have been what she heard. She looked to the source of the voice that had answered the question she’d been asking since she arrived and the look on his face told her that she was completely right in what she heard. This guy, the guy she’d been talking to, the guy that had been flirting with her...This was his dad.

”Oh dear God-,” she said it before she could catch herself, but there was no reason to try to cover it. The surprise was clear on her face. Koi had finally shown his face, only she couldn’t bring herself to tear her eyes away from his...his...his father’s. Fucking gross! Who the hell did shit like this? Who the hell flirted with a girl young enough to be his kid and was quite possibly his kid’s girlfriend? It wasn’t fucking right. She took a step back as Koi descended the stairs, approaching the two of them. Shit, shit, shit, shit, shit. Had he heard her at the door? Fuck.

God, she hated Christmas.

I'm taking my time.
I'm doing it right.
Koi

[*] posted on 22-12-2011 at 03:40 PM

Pulling the earbuds from his ears, Koi wrapped the headphone cords around his iPod and tossed it onto his bed, still bobbing his head to the music that had just stopped playing. He was in a damn good mood. An oddly good one, actually. Like "epic party" good. Like..."amazing bud" good. And he hadn't even smoked and as far as Eri was concerned, he wouldn't that day. She'd already decreed it a "sober" day, which meant no lighting up for him, even IF Devyn was hanging with them for the day. Damn. It was kind of surreal. Devyn was really hanging with he and his sister on Christmas Day. They were going to sit like some perfect ass family, eat turkey and collard greens until they caught "the itis" and open some presents...probably in front of some unnecessary fire in the fire place. Why a house in the middle of hot ass Hawaii even had a fireplace, he did not know. But the point was, for once, Koi was going to have a pretty good Christmas. Not that they weren't good with Eri, but this one would be a different type of good. He'd never invited anybody over before, not even when he was younger, mostly because he was too embarrassed about the way he spent his holidays. With Devyn, something made him feel like he didn't have to be embarrassed. Like he wasn't the only person with more shitty Christmases than ones he cared to remember.

Whistling lightly, he pulled his suit coat on and pushed up the sleeves up, walking to his closet. Peering inside like he'd done the entire morning and the night before, he saw that tiny, wrapped present sitting on the floor and smiled. He was...kinda nervous. He could admit that. This was the first time...ever...that he was buying a gift for a female and even though he wanted to put up the front that he hadn't walked the entire mall looking for something just write, he couldn't even do it. And even still, he wasn't sure that he'd gotten something Devyn would want. Matter of fact, he wasn't even sure that they were exchanging gifts in the first place. But his smart ass little sister thought it would be wise to get Devyn something, just in case...

Voices. Downstairs. Two of them and not one of them sounded like Eri's voice. One was light, familiar. Devyn. She was here and she'd probably been ringing the doorbell while he had his damn earphones on. Koi pieced it together quickly as he hear the second voice again. Low. Baritone. Sadly familiar, too, as it was a voice that should've had their ass out the house a long time ago. The fuck was his Pops still doing at the house? And a more important question, the fuck was he doing around Devyn? In a couple of strides, he was at his door, ready to rip it the hell open and blast off at his Pops. Koi wasn't stupid, he knew exactly why his father wasn't where he was supposed to be...which was out the fucking house like he said he would be, avoiding his own damn flesh and blood like every other holiday at the Kidd residence. He'd caught a whiff of Devyn. And she stopped him in his tracks. Not like she didn't have the ability to do that with any normal man, but with his father...it certainly didn't take much. And it wouldn't be long before he started his bullshit and...

Inhaling slowly, Koi closed his eyes, his hand loosening around the doorknob that he was gripping so hard that his damn hand hurt. He had to play things at least a sort of cool. He couldn't barge in the damn foyer, his mouth poppin' off at his own father. That was the last thing that Devyn needed to see and the last thing that Koi wanted to show her considering that he really didn't feel like explaining shit about his family to anyone, Christmas or not. Pulling the door open, he walked to the edge of the foyer, hearing the conversation. His dad and his old ass, crusty ass game. The fuck? For a second, he just watched his ass. Eying Devyn's body with NO shame. She was fucking sixteen for fucks' sake...not like he even assumed his father cared. And Pops thought his game was slick, huh? Yeah, Koi was about to throw a wrench in that shit real quick.

All it took was one word...Pops...and his father's eyes cut to him, narrowing in annoyance. So that was the game he was playing? The "I'm not really Koi's dad" bit? Pathetic. And lame as hell. And if Koi hadn't been so pissed at that weak ass game, he would've laughed out loud at Devyn's reaction. Smirking, he looked in her direction as he descended the stairs, the shock on her face beyond hiding. Shemar's face recovered quickly though, that slimy grin on his face as he stretched his hand out to her...like he hadn't been scammin' on that ass the entire time...and then looked at Koi! Really? He wanted him to introduce them?

"Devyn, meet Shemar Kidd...greatest of all time..." He said, his voice mocking a sports announcer as he rolled his eyes and watched them shake hands.

but hold your balance...

Devyn

[*] posted on 23-12-2011 at 06:55 AM

She still couldn’t wrap her head around it. This man was Koi’s father. His dad. It was...weird to say the absolute least about the situation and as thoughts began to run together in her mind she tried picking them apart. Who the hell flirted with a girl lass than half his age? What, she wondered, would his wife think about this? Oh shit! Koi’s mom could never fucking know. And all at once she felt guilty. She wasn’t sure why really. She could make a great argument about how none of this was her fault and she hadn’t really flirted back too much...couldn’t she? Would it matter? It hadn’t with her mother. The many, many times she’d caught her parents fighting over one of her father’s...others, it never mattered that the girl didn’t know...then again most of them simply didn’t care. Nor did Hilton, who flaunted his playthings like prizes...ugh. This guy...He was...ugh. She shock on her face gave way to the anger that was threatening to ruin the beginning of her Christmas with Koi. She hated what his father had tried to turn her into; a home-wrecker.

She didn’t allow her expression to stay the same for too long, her anger slipping to a mild annoyance and then into what she could only hope was a poker face. She was able to give Koi a weak smile as he came to them, her eyes barely meeting his before they slipped to the floor. Ugh. What she wouldn’t do to be anyone else, anywhere else at that particular moment. She knew Koi was upset. She could see it in the vein that always popped out of his temple when they argued. The question was, was he more upset with her or his father?

She would have to ask him later, but for now she would be cordial, nice even, which was saying a lot because her mind was streaming things that her lips wanted to say to his father. His hand wrapped around hers and it took all she had in her to smile a bit as Koi introduced them officially. Shemar Kidd...Shemar Kidd? Oh! Oh she knew she knew him from somewhere and as it hit her, the smile on her face became genuine. “Ooh...I knew I recognized you from somewhere-,” her smile slipped into a smirk as she took her hand back, her body shifting closer to Koi’s, silently voicing her alignment among the men in the room.

“My mom absolutely loves you.”

I'm taking my time.
I'm doing it right.
Shemar

[*] posted on 23-12-2011 at 11:11 AM

His son. His fucking, abrasive, vindictive ass son. Shemar couldn't stop the flare that hit his nostrils as his son descended the stairs, the "Pops" comment short of leaving his mouth. Did Koi try to irritate him? Because obviously if he'd wanted to let Devyn know that he was Koi's father, he would've just flat out told her. Their game, he and Devyn's, had gone from "twenty" to zero in no time, the look or realization falling on her face that he, indeed, was Koi's father...and probably over the age of thirty. But it was always like that with Koi. Making Shemar's life more difficult than it had to be. If it wasn't getting in trouble, every second, at that private school that cost more than a Lexus to keep him in, it was fucking up Shemar's game. Every "guest" that Shemar brought in the house (of course, when Fumie was...preoccupied) got a taste of his fucked up little attitude. A snide comment here, a nasty look there. And his jokes? Yeah, they were delightful. Shemar wasn't stupid. He knew Koi didn't necessarily appreciate or approve of the way his eye was always floating, especially when what it landed on wasn't Fumie. But that was his business. Shemar's. Not Koi's. He didn't judge his son's life, did he? All the snorting and puffing he did. No, he just let the kid live his life, even putting him in rehab centers that were more like a "spa" than an intervention. But no, Koi swatted that hand of friendship and looked down on Shemar like he was shit. Fuck that kid.

With a surprised exclamation, Devyn looked down at the floor. Yeah, his God too. He was Shemar Kidd. The one and only, baby. And he was also very happy with that reaction because it meant that she knew she was in the presence of a great. Extending his hand as Koi came to stand in front of the both of them, his smile settled on her, hoping that she wasn't too overwhelmed to greet him. Although he already had her name, they'd make the shit official and shake hands...and then, they could get back to flirting like Koi wasn't even there. Because he wasn't her man. No way she could be with the way she was flirting with Shemar. Besides, Koi didn't "title" them. He was just like his father had been...before he'd slipped up, like a dummy and put a ring on something that he wasn't ready for. But that love thing. Got in his way, clouded him up. Made him think he had to change and be a one woman man. Now that he knew the truth, he didn't hesitate to fix his behavior and focus on the good things in life. Like Devyn...well, like she could be.

I knew I recognized you from somewhere... "Is that right?" He muttered, smirking at her. Fuckin' right she did. For the seventeen years that he'd given the NBA, she should've been sure for the moment that she'd laid eyes on him that she was staring at an NBA legend. A Hall of Famer. The Greatest. It was okay though. He knew some people were slow on recognizing him. Now that she knew, her face changed, her smile settling into a sexy smirk. Nodding, he bit his lip, ready to pull that handshake a bit closer...until she pulled her hand away and drew...closer to Koi, her next words making his smile melt a bit faster than he would've necessarily liked it to. Her mom? HER MOTHER? What was she trying to do? Play his life? Apparently Koi thought so, his eyes rounding as his mouth fell open, a short laugh breaking before he clamped his mouth shut again.

"Yeah...well...she's got good taste." He said slowly, smirking sourly. Okay, she wanted to play like she hadn't been flirting her ass off with him before his son got downstairs? Okay. He could play that game. But one thing about Shemar, one thing that made him a winner...his aggressiveness. He didn't give up easy...

Devyn

[*] posted on 23-12-2011 at 07:47 PM

Ha! If she wasn’t so fucking mad at this character she would have laughed in his face. To think that her calling out to God had anything to do with anything other than her absolute disgust with his old ass was laughable. Really? Was he serious right now? Any appeal he had before had faded once she discovered he was old enough to be her father; not to mention that fact that he actually was Koi’s father. She’d made out with Koi for Christ’s sake. But maybe his dad didn’t know that they were...Hell, she didn’t know what they were but what she wasn’t was attracted to some kid in her class’ father. Shit was weird. Yes, okay, fine. She would admit he was cute when she though he was an older brother, no older than maybe twenty-five but, now...that he was Koi’s father? Gross. Gross and completely off limits and if he thought it would go beyond her saying hello to him when she was over here that he was fucking delusional.

That was if she got invited back. Koi was pissed, she could see it but, the strange thing was, he didn’t seem to be upset with her. She’d seen him when he came down, hear the way he’d introduced his dad...it wasn’t Devyn he was mad at...She couldn’t think about it now, Shemar’s hand catching hers only to have it taken from him after a brief moment. He probably would have done it himself anyway once she made her comment about her mother loving him. Her smirk became a devilish little smile as Koi laughed a little and Shemar’s smile slipped. Good. She wanted to make it perfectly clear that there was no chance in the pits of Hell of them continuing what they had been when he opened the door. And to his response?

She scoffed, shaking her head just a little before she spoke, “You don’t know my father-,” her eyes settled square on his before she finished, her eyebrow raising, “...but you’re a lot alike.” Damn right they were. Lying, cheating, half-assed human beings that didn’t deserve a lot of what they were given. Like her respect. She wasn’t going to pretend she hadn’t noticed that he hadn’t sent Koi a second glance after the annoyed sneer he given upon his arrival. The blatant disregard for Koi’s feelings was obvious and what made it worse was that...whether she liked it or not, she was part of the reason. Shit. She hated this shit! And she hadn’t come here for it...And part of her didn’t want to stay.

She turned to Koi then, her eyes flashing the apology her lips wouldn’t speak in front of his father. “So, where’s your better half-,” she asked with a small smile. “I brought her something.” She still didn’t know if they were doing a gift exchange but, she had to say something to him other than blurting out an apology.

I'm taking my time.
I'm doing it right.
Koi

[*] posted on 24-12-2011 at 11:08 AM

You don't know my father, but you're a lot alike... Oh shit! Koi closed his eyes, clamping his lips together quickly and tried to pass that shit off as a smile. Devyn was going hard and Koi couldn't do anything but stand there and watch his Pops' undercover tight face get tighter and tighter with every comment. She was playing his life to the right and the funny thing was his Pops knew it and couldn't do anything but take that shit. Koi didn't even feel a tad bit sorry for his pervy ass. It was his bad, not Devyn's and honestly, it was about time his father figured out that everything that had two tits and a pussy wasn't trying to put it on him. One thing he could say about his Pops, that dude pulled the best of them. Koi had seen every color of the damn spectrum, every persuasion, come through that house. Shit was like a Gambino song. The only problem, his crusty ass was married and a father and some of the bitches he was running were Koi's age. Maybe not the exact age, all the time...but the fact that his father actually ran with girls that were only a few months older was fucking ridiculous. Shemar Kidd still had a damn wife...and that fact alone made him a grimey. There was no pity for him as Devyn made him look and probably feel older than dirt. He deserved it. Every bit of it.

Checking his suit coat sleeves again, only to avoid his father's eyes, Koi cleared his throat and smiled. "You know what would be a crazy idea? You should give Dev's parents an autograph! I know they'd dig that." Okay, he was laying it on thick. From what Devyn had told him, her Moms wasn't in the picture at the moment and her father? Koi hadn't even heard a mention of him until now. An autograph was probably not going to make it to either of them, but the opportunity to rub his father's age and pointless flirting with Devyn into his face was an opportunity that he would've been stupid to take. And it kept him from being a complete ass to his Pops in front of Devyn. He was still being an ass. But at least he wasn't being mad disrespectful. Not like he wanted to be.

"And uh, maybe you can do that when you get back. You know...from where you were headed?" Pops needed to catch the hint. There was nothing there for him at the house, as he'd pretty much made clear when he refused to even stay around long enough to see his own daughter open the presents that he had his assistants buy her and try to pass of as his own. Seeing Devyn at the door didn't have anything to do with him...and it sure the fuck didn't invite him to stay. They had a good thing going, the three of them. The party wasn't open for invitation, especially for a parent that didn't care to spend two seconds wishing his only son and daughter, "Merry Christmas"...and telling him that he loved them. But that would've been a damn lie. Turning away from his father, Koi faced Devyn as she questioned him about Eri, separating her and his father.

"She's upstairs. Still trying to find something 'festive' to wear in her closet. It's a sea of black up in there...I swear." Laughing, he looked at his Pops out of the corner of his eye, half listening to the rest of Devyn's comment. He was too busy watching his father grab his keys and shoot a look back at the both of them before he left.

"Later Pops." Koi said, his jaw clenching in dull anger as he tried to ignore his father's reply.

but hold your balance...

Devyn

[*] posted on 24-12-2011 at 06:20 PM

Devyn’s mind was in overdrive trying to think of something to say to get her out of this awkward situation. Hell, out of this house was beginning to sound more and more like a good idea to her. She hadn’t been here ten minutes and she was already trying to think up an exit strategy. At least this time it wasn’t Koi that caused her need for escape. It was a different Kidd, a much older one as she was made aware. Sadly, it was entirely too late and if the pig had’ve just been honest, he would have at least still had her respect. He did not. Like so many of the other men in her life, he’d done something selfish and stupid and gotten himself drowned in a pool of insiginificant. He didn’t matter. She was cool with Koi, and if he was still cool with her, she hoped they could salvage the rest of their Christmas...But for the future, Koi need only invite her here when his father wasn’t home. Hell, having him there now was using all of her restraint not to tell him exactly how gross she actually thought he was.

Of course, that didn’t mean she couldn’t play his life just the same. And she could see her every word getting on a nerve that was threatening to snap at any minute. And Koi’s snickering wasn’t helping any. Nor was his suggestion for Shemar to have him autograph something for her parents. Damn...she knew he was joking but, she had been telling the truth when she said her mother loved Shemar Kidd. Unlike Devyn she was a basketball junkie. Apparently it was something her and her dad bonded over before he passed away. Devyn used to drop everything she was doing to watch a the games with her mom and she never tired of seeing Pistons highlights for Shemar’s recaps. He was good with a basketball, Devyn couldn’t pretend she hadn’t seen him play and she wouldn’t front like it wasn’t true...If only his kid was named ‘Spalding’...

Devyn smiled politely as Koi suggested his father’s leaving. She thought about giving a weak apology for holding him up but, she was done with him, done with any kind of cordiality with a man that care nothing about his son’s feelings and even less about hers. He was looking out for number one...it was what she was used to...So she tried to cut him out of the conversation, her questions about Eri directed at Koi as he turned to her and spoke as if his father wasn’t even there. And he seemed to take the hint, backing away as Koi answered her, leading her further into the living room and away from Shemar. At least she knew he wanted her to stay and he wasn’t too upset with her.

She waited until she heard the front door of his place close, a short goodbye to his facther on her lips before her smile faded and she looked up at him. “Koi, I’m really sorry. I didn’t know who he was and...you know, if you want, I can just go...” She really wouldn’t blame him. What kind of idiot wouldn’t know someone’s father when they saw them? He probably didn’t believe a word of what she was saying, but it was true...if it mattered.

I'm taking my time.
I'm doing it right.
Koi

[*] posted on 25-12-2011 at 02:53 PM

The only sound that Koi wanted to hear was the sound of the front door closing. The signal that his father was finally doing what he'd planned to do that Christmas Day...which was leave his own blood to their own devices and pretend, like he always did, that his family didn't exist. Nothing was stopping him. Devyn had made that completely obvious. Koi had made that even more obvious as he led the conversation into the living room, his eyes never completely leaving his father. The hesitance in his steps weren't a good thing, but his movement to the door and out of it was. Even if the look he gave before he left said that Koi would answer to his snide comments later. "Answering" meaning a "lecture" on how it is not at all kosher to foul up his Pop's game like that. That blatant motherfucker. So ignorant of his commitment, of his life, that he didn't give a shit about what he looked like when he said that dumb shit to his own son.

As the door closed, he turned back to Devyn, shaking his head at his father's dumb ass. "I'm too sorry about all of that. Seriously..." Rubbing his head and the headache that was threatening to form inside of it because of the foolishness, he turned to Devyn, only to hear her apologizing too. What? What the hell was she apologizing for? Having to listen to his Pops' ridiculous pick up lines? Yeah, he'd be sorry about that too. She didn't owe him an apology at all. Even...if she was kind of flirting with his Pops. That had been the conversation that he'd broken up. No, Koi wasn't mad about it. His dad looked mad young. Young enough to snag a bad bitch, half his damn age. And Devyn...was his...friend. She could do whatever she wanted. Hopefully not with his father, next time. But yeah...she could. And he would pretend. He'd play like he didn't get a little heated even when he accepted that fact.

"Eh, Dev. Stop. Right there. You're not leaving. We've still got Christmas, homie." Shaking his head as he grinned at her, he turned to the stairs again, walking towards the foot of the stairs and leaned over the rail. "Eri?" His voice echoed up the stairs and to, what he knew, was a waiting little sister, bidding her time. Waiting for the moment that he no-good, ass of a father to leave. "You can come down, babe. He's gone..."

And that's what Eri had been waiting for as the door slammed to her room, her footsteps thundering down the stairs. She stopped at the foot of them, jumping the last step, her eyes set on Devyn.

but hold your balance...

Devyn

[*] posted on 26-12-2011 at 07:06 PM

She was really tense. Tense because she knew what was coming, another shouting match with Koi, only this time he would be right and she wouldn’t be able to argue. She didn’t have a viable argument so she would just beat him to the punch with an apology. She was sorry she’d flirted with his perverted father before she knew who exactly he was. She was sorry she’d probably ruined his Christmas and she was more than willing to leave. She thought she would beat him to the punch but, as soon as the front door closed, there was an apology on his lips as well. What? Why? He hadn’t done anything he shouldn’t have...until now. He shouldn’t have been apologizing for his father. He shouldn’t have had to apologize for his father. But she knew the feeling; being so ashamed of something her father had done even though he had no shame left himself...Of course, his dad had nothing on the indiscretions of her father...

His voice cut her off as he told her she wasn’t leaving. They were still making a day out of this...and they were going to enjoy it. She smiled, a relief settling over her now that she was sure they wouldn’t fight on Christmas. She didn’t want to argue with him today. Not that Christmas meant much to her but, it just seemed...different today. She didn’t know why but, she wanted this to go... well. It sounded stupid in her head; who didn’t want to have a good Christmas? It was just...she hadn’t had much to look forward to by way of holidays...hell, lately by way of life. She had been excited about spending the day with Koi and his sister and she wanted nothing more than to have this day meet her expectations. She was hopeful. For the first time in quite a while she had high hopes for something and she wasn’t about to let Shemar Kidd take that from her. She would push his passes to the back of her mind and bury them among the many things she chose to forget about. Today wasn’t about him. It was about Koi. And about Eri...

Devyn watched as he called up the stairs to her, letting her know her father was gone. Damn...was it really that bad around here? She could understand if it was. She wondered if Shemar had seen his daughter that morning...or if he even cared to. She wouldn’t dwell on it. She couldn’t as Eri quickly appeared, bounding down the stairs and even jumping the last one. Devyn giggled as she stopped, their eyes meeting. This one had a lot of energy.

“You’re absolutely adorable-,” She hadn’t meant to say it. She’d always hated it when people described her like a puppy rather than a person but, she couldn’t help herself! It was completely true. She imagined Eri looked like her mother as the only thing she got from her father was her color and maybe her height. She was beautiful. And the smile on her face gave the complete feel it was supposed to.

It was Christmas.

I'm taking my time.
I'm doing it right.
Koi

[*] posted on 28-12-2011 at 08:51 AM

A warm smile formed on Koi's face as Eri tromped down the stairs, stopping on the last one to jump from it like she always did. Those big eyes, that Koi couldn't help but tease her about, were staring straight at Devyn, taking her in. That was a constant thing with Eri, too. The way she looked at new things, new people...it always let you know that she was remembering you for life. She let her head fall to the side as she stared, her hand pushing back the thick curls that reached the middle of her back when they weren't in a ponytail or a bun. Koi couldn't help but wonder what Eri thought of Devyn...as this was a first. "A first" meaning this was the first time he'd actually let Eri meet one of his...friends. Of course she knew Derrick and a couple of the other guys, but that was different. This was kind of new. Koi didn't hang with a lot of girls and the ones he did hang with, there weren't exactly...playing Spades and shooting the shit. Devyn was different though...and he wondered if Eri could see that too.

At Devyn's words, Eri's eyes lit up, her petite mouth curling into a real smile. Koi caught himself smile as well. Eri didn't necessarily like being called "cute" or "adorable" or even "pretty"...at all. And Koi would've warned Devyn if he'd known the words that were about to come out of her mouth. But he didn't have to...because Eri smiled at them. Good sign. Really good sign. With a quick look that was only for Koi, Eri watched her big brother. It was almost like she was waiting for a cue as to what to say next or something. That was pretty usual though. Eri was what Koi liked to call..."socially different". If anyone got their father's gift of controlling the social atmosphere, it was definitely Koi. Eri, on the other hand, caught the brains...which pretty much left no space for how to behave socially. All that brilliance and knowledge made for a...pretty weird kid. And Koi loved every fucking molecule of her.

Nodding as he smiled brighter, she turned back to Devyn, pulling at the only red dress she probably owned, a small "thank you" leaving her. Blushing at the cheeks, she walked quickly to Koi, her arms going around his waist as she continued to watch Devyn. She was the brainiest little nerd ever. But she was still a kid. A shy one at that...

"And this is Eri..." He said, moving her curls from her face as he smiled down at her. "Eri, this is Devyn..." Pushing her from him softly, Koi watched Eri step forward a bit and hold out her hand for Devyn to shake.

"He's...Koi's said a lot about you." Her tiny voice sounded like tinkling bells against the silence of the house, Nat King Cole playing softly over the house's intercom. "He...said you were pretty. He was right."

but hold your balance...

Pages:  1  2    4  5

Go To Top