Go To Bottom

Not logged in [Login ]
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3  4
Author: Subject: Kitchen
Devyn

Mood: Stressed

[*] posted on 30-6-2014 at 06:08 PM

“Why wouldn’t you?” Why was he answering her questions with questions? It was nothing. No big deal… Somehow Devyn doubted that. She’d actually seen his mother in action so she was pretty sure Fumie hadn’t stayed silent on the subject, and she already knew his father had called her every name in the book synonymous with ‘gold digger’. The shit had been rough...Devyn knew it to be true because if it hadn’t have been, he wouldn’t be trying to trade his water for something a little stronger. Devyn sighed as she stood up, turning to pull a couple glasses from the cabinet behind her as Koi found the bottle he was looking for. “Somehow I find that hard to believe…”

She should have been there. She should have been with him when the shit went down. Did he not understand that? Did he not get how bad she felt about leaving him to fend for himself in this shit? They hadn’t been tackling this pregnancy shit without one another so far, so why did he think he was supposed to take that by himself? He asked her yet another question as he filled their glasses and Devyn felt a little of her irritation bubble over.

“Koi stop feeding my questions back to me and give me a damn answer!” She sighed, running a hand roughly through her hair as she watched his irritation spark too, that vein in his temple becoming a bit more visible with Devyn’s demand. He didn’t do well with those. Right now, she didn’t care.

“All I’m saying is, you shouldn’t have had to take that shit by yourself, Koi. You should have called me, I would have been there, you know that…-,” He did! He knew she would have been what he needed if he’d just called her…She would never ask, but what worried her the most about this whole situation was what he did instead of calling her...

I'm taking my time.
I'm doing it right.
Self-Love. Self-Care. Selfish.
Koi

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 1-7-2014 at 10:20 AM

What the fuck did she MEAN give him answers? He was! Everything he was telling her was the answer he was giving, but Koi was sure that it wasn't the answer that she wanted. And THAT was Devyn's problem. What did she want him to say? Aw damn, Devyn. I'm so pissed at you for not being there during the fucked up conversation with my parents that you obviously didn't need to be there for. I was such a pussy! I couldn't handle it myself! Fuck that. He could handle it. And he did. He took the fault and the blame from HIS parents. He took all of his father's shitty words and fucked up insults. He took it all because we chose to and then it was finished. Over. There wasn't anything to be pissed about anymore because that part of their lives was over. Well, was supposed to be over, but it kept showing up like a fucking bad case of the herp. It was resistant to Koi's ignoring it, Devyn's annoyance with the situation letting him know that fact.

"I GAVE you an answer..." He rebutted, his scowl returning from he and Derrick's outing. His nostrils flared as he searched even harder for the bottle of vodka, his eyes finally locating it behind two bottles of Moet. He pulled it out, placing it on the top of the island beside the glasses Devyn had just pulled down from the cabinet.

"Look..." He said, unscrewing the top and pouring them both a shot's worth. He took the moment to think about what she said. He knew she meant well. Devyn always did. She wanted to be there when everything had gone down, taken her part of responsibility in the situation. He knew her. And that made her the down ass bitch that he KNEW she was. But he didn't NEED her. Not then. Not at that moment. He didn't need Shemar saying the fucked up shit he'd said to Koi about her that nearly had Koi and his own Pops throwin' hands. He didn't want his mother looking at her the way she'd looked at him, like he was a fucking child. Like all he did was fuck up. Like if there WAS a child, he wouldn't have known his ass from his elbows. And he didn't want the questions. The questions that he damn near got from Dhonny. Questions that would've made what they had, two friends that fucked on the regular, even more uncomfortable.

"There wasn't anything to call you about because I dealt with it. On my own. There was nothing to be a 'united front' about. You're not pregnant." He took his shot back, pouring another one immediately. "And honestly? you're making a big deal out of nothing right now, Devyn. "

it's gonna get difficult to stand,
but hold your balance...

Devyn

[*] posted on 1-7-2014 at 12:20 PM

Devyn’s eyes narrowed as Koi yelled at her about his so called answers. She refused to go back and forth about this with him. The past couldn’t be changed. She wanted to be there and she hadn’t been. The deed was done and she wasn’t asking him to build her a time machine or no shit like that. She just wanted to know why he hadn’t told her...According to him there had been nothing to tell, but she knew he was lying to her. Why was Koi always so hell bent on dealing with the bullshit of his home life on his own? He didn’t have to do that anymore. That’s what she was trying to tell him, but he wasn’t listening.

I dealt with it. On my own. Devyn sucked her teeth, her eyes rolling as Koi confirmed what she already knew. No shit she wasn’t pregnant. So they were going to pretend her almost being pregnant wasn’t still a pretty big deal? They were going to pretend he hadn’t gotten the lecture of a lifetime about busting off in Devyn as if they were married and middle aged? Nah. She wasn’t pretending with him today. Not about this. She wanted him to know she had his back. On everything. She thought he did know that, but he seemed to be under the impression that there was a limit with her. There wasn’t. Koi meant more to her than anyone else and there wasn’t anything he could ask her for that she wouldn’t give. That was dangerous and she knew it, so she often pushed the thought to the back of her mind and prayed that he never pushed her too far. He never did, because they understood one another...or so she thought.

Tossing back her shot, Devyn let it burn in her throat before speaking. “Number one, it’s not “nothing” to me. And number two, I’m not making a big deal out of anything I’m trying to have a fucking conversation with you!” Was she really asking for too much. A real reason for not telling her about the run in with his ‘rents? If it wasn’t a big deal why hadn’t he mentioned it? Secrets weren’t usually “nothing”.

“But what the fuck ever, nigga. If you wanna catch an attitude with me, I guess we’ll let the shit go and you can go back to hiding shit from me.” Devyn shrugged, her eyes never leaving him, a silent challenge. She knew he was hiding, because she knew what it looked like...She wasn’t being fair. With all the things she hadn’t told Koi about herself, she had no right to demand anything from him, but this was different. Her past didn’t actually involve him. His pregnancy scare did. She wasn’t wrong for wanting to take responsibility for herself and she wasn’t going to pretend she was.

I'm taking my time.
I'm doing it right.
Koi

[*] posted on 2-7-2014 at 04:30 PM

It's not nothing to me Of course it wasn't. Most of the shit Koi had done in the last few weeks was something to her and Devyn wasn't hesitating to let him know it. If it wasn't about the fucking pregnancy that wasn't, it was the way he partied. And okay, he could understand that one as she was still fucked up from the way her mother had passed away. He got it. But still...lately? It'd been "something" every time he turned around...constant drama that he had to sort out or fix or...shit. He was just tired. Tired of how repetitive it was starting to be. Why couldn't he just fucking do him? If it wasn't her asking or prodding at him for some answer he couldn't give her, it was fucking Derrick prodding and pushing at him about HER. Goddamn. Neverending bullshit was starting to pile up in his "drama" tray and Koi couldn't lie, he just wanted to dump it the trash can and keep it moving. BUT. And that was a strong BUT...he couldn't. He'd promised. No matter how much she stressed him the fuck out he just...he couldn't leave her. He just...he needed his space, though. Baby was pushing and she kept pushing and...

"...A conversation that I WANT TO STOP HAPPENING BUT YOU WON'T DROP THE SHIT!" He downed his second shot quickly, slamming the glass onto the granite top of the island so hard he was sure it was going to shatter in his hand. He inhaled deeply, exhaling shakily as he felt the vein in his temple throb even worse. Why wouldn't she back up off him? Was it really that serious to know WHY he wouldn't want her in the same room with his father? Or why he just wanted to stop talking about it long enough to let the drama simmer down so they could just move the fuck on?! No, but she didn't WANT to move on. She wanted to dwell on shit, her response to him raising her voice letting him know that once again, she was going for blood. His gaze shifted to her, a glare burning into her as she stared back at him. She really wanted to do this. Okay...

"You know what?" He asked, chucking his glass so hard into the sink that this time, it did shatter. "FINE. What you wanna know? You wanna know how many times my Pops called you out your name? And how I wanted to break his fucking nose every time he did? You wanna know how much I just wanted to FORGET that I nearly fucked your life up? How about how shitty and fucked up it was that if you were pregnant, I actually had to THINK about if I wanted you to keep it?" His voice echoed through the kitchen, the silence that followed it sounding way too quiet after the way he'd just yelled.

"What else!? What else do you think I'm hiding from you?!" He stared at her, waiting for her to answer him with some snide remark that showed him just how much chill she DIDN'T have...until a sound behind him made him turn.

...and look straight into his Pop's slimy ass grin.

"Oh shit..." He chuckled, biting his lips sarcastically as he pretended to hide the smile he obviously wanted them to see. "Am I interrupting something?"

but hold your balance...

Devyn

[*] posted on 3-7-2014 at 01:03 AM

Devyn held her gaze as Koi pitched his glass into the sink, hearing it shatter into a thousand pieces over the sound of his voice. FINALLY! He was fucking giving her something! Why he felt the need to have her drag it out of him was beyond her, but this was what she’d wanted from the moment she’d told him about the ‘might-be’ pregnancy. A reaction. He’d been nothing short of calm, cool, and annoyingly collected when holding her together in the pool house. Not that she didn’t appreciate that, she did. Koi had been her rock in (probably) too many things and she was more than grateful for everything he’d done for her. The shit with her mom, the shit with this scare, the everyday shit she stirred up about the little things. He stuck around. And it meant a lot to her...No one else had ever bothered.

So yeah. When she knew Koi wasn’t getting a release outside of sex with her, she brought the shit up. She CARED about him. She loved him; not that she could tell him so...Despite how cool he tried to play things, she knew when Koi actually needed to get out some of that emotion he packed down. Him keeping secrets was red flag number one that she needed to do something.

So she let him yell at her, the truth finally coming out about...well about the whole situation really. Possibly more truth than she really wanted to hear. She felt her face fall as he revealed that he’d thought about having to ask her not to keep a kid neither of them would have been ready for. Did he think he was alone in all of that? Did he think she hadn’t thought about not even telling him and just getting rid of it without him ever knowing? That she didn’t sometimes wish she hadn’t told him and they didn’t have to have conversations like these...But she had told him and she was dealing with it. He wasn’t. He was still trying to ignore something that obviously needed to be talked about. Something that demanded to be felt. He was allowed to feel things! She was going to tell him that, but before she got the chance, someone else drew her attention.

“Koi-,” he cut her off, his voice raising in the short silence that had followed his small rant. The answers to his questions were for another time, because the two of them had company.

Koi’s eyes followed hers to his dad; a satisfied smirk on his face at the spat he’d walked in on. Devyn resisted the urge to roll her eyes as Shemar spoke, asking if he was interrupting. Yes. He was. And more than anything Devyn wanted him to crawl back into whatever hole he’d crawled out of so he could be out of her sight and not reminding her of the less alarming, but still disgusting qualities of her own father...but this was his home...and she’d technically been asking for this.

“No, actually-,” she leaned away from the island sighing as she prepared to tackle the same issue with a different Kidd. “I was hoping we could talk a little.” She wanted to have this conversation with both parents, but seeing as neither of them was ever home at all, let alone at the same time, she’d take her licks separately. All that really mattered was that they knew this wasn't all the kid’s fault. That Devyn had been the cause of all this trouble and that she’d never meant for any of it to happen.

She wanted to take responsibility.

I'm taking my time.
I'm doing it right.
Shemar

[*] posted on 5-7-2014 at 04:34 PM

Trouble in paradise, eh? Shemar had heard the shouting before he passed the front door of the house, Koi's voice the loudest. And to think, he was actually about to burst in the house, complaining about the stupid motherfucker that had taken his parking place...just to start some shit between the two sickening love birds. But this was so much better! And Shemar hadn't had to do a damn thing! From what he'd heard from Koi's loud, emotional ass yelling, they were arguing about the one thing that threatened to fuck everything about their happy existence up, that pregnancy fuck up. Shemar couldn't help but shake his head every time he thought about how Koi had nearly messed everything up for himself...and over some nappy head too? Please. She may have had one of the fattest asses Shemar had seen on a girl THAT young in a while, but that didn't mean a damn thing! She wasn't worth child support and she definitely hadn't been worth Koi fucking up his future over her. But that was for his thick headed son to figure out on his own, he guessed. Or he could mess up and actually get her pregnant and get thrown the fuck out of Shemar's house. You know, which ever.

With a smile, he looked between the two arguing teenagers, the annoyed lines in Koi's face going deeper when he saw Shemar standing in the door of the kitchen. Shemar didn't care. This was his house and he walked where the fuck he wanted to WHEN he wanted to. With that thought, he loosened his tie, eyeing his bottle of Grey Goose on the island as Devyn talked about...something. Shit, he wasn't really listening. He'd just made an appearance for some Kidd's Kids thing that Fumie made him fill in for and all he wanted to do was sip the fucking vodka that his son had already gotten into. He looked at Koi and shook his head, laughing at how predictable this shit was. His son, in the middle of an argument, throwing back shots. Yep, those two stints in rehab did wonders, though.

"Oh! Hey, Baby Mama!" Shemar feigned surprise as he spoke to Devyn, completely ignoring everything she'd just said.

"How's it been since...you know..." Shemar put on the theatrics, his eyes shifting from Koi back to her, a grimace crossing his face before it melted into another smile.

i was born on top of the world.
Devyn

[*] posted on 5-7-2014 at 05:29 PM

Devyn watched as Shemar loosened his tie and she knew this was going to be yet another unpleasant experience in the Kidd household. She braced herself, listening to him laugh as he shook his head at the two of them and came further into the kitchen. She spoke, telling him he wasn’t interrupting, but she could easily see that he didn’t care whether he was or not. Shema wanted in on the drama. He wanted to be a part of whatever was going on and it was...annoying. To say the absolute least. At most it was intrusive. She and Koi really needed to work out this scare. She thought they could be fine without mentioning it ever again, but someone else had brought it up for the two of them and that someone was currently standing before them...being a sardonic ass.

Baby Mama? Really? That was fucking funny to him? How she and Koi had almost fucked up their chances at a real future? How they had nearly made him a grandfather? How she had almost put all his chances of going pro on hold? Sure. That was hilarious...for some reason though Devyn couldn’t laugh with him. How had he just opened his mouth and she was already done with him? She regretted speaking at all and with one glance at Koi, she could tell he resented her for it. She needed to shut up. She needed to heed the completely stressed out look on Koi’s face and get the fuck gone...but she couldn’t. This was necessary.

What wasn’t necessary was Shemar’s next question, asking how everything had been since...ugh. She wanted so bad to be petty. She wanted so bad to let him know that mere hours ago, Koi had had her legs on top of his shoulders as he dove off in her again and again. How he’d eaten her out as if going to see Derrick was certain death and she was his last meal. She wanted to tell him...but she didn’t. Biting her lip and nodding her understanding at his words. He was still mad. That was understandable with the trouble she’d caused...Of course Devyn was trying to be an adult about it. Shemar was obviously not. She blinked slowly, wondering if he was going to straighten up and give her the courtesy of a serious conversation. Probably not.

“I’ve been okay…-,” her voice was flat. She wasn’t interested in giving him any help in making this whole matter a joke. “You should know it wasn’t all the kid’s fault...the scare.” She was skipping the bullshit. She wasn’t going to give him room to make this anything other than what it was. Her apology to her friend’s parents for almost ruining him.

I'm taking my time.
I'm doing it right.
Koi

[*] posted on 6-7-2014 at 09:04 AM

And this evening was turning out to be the shit that nightmares were made of. Koi rolled his eyes, his nostrils flaring as his father grinned at him. Fantastic. Well, Koi was glad that all of the shit going down in the kitchen was entertaining for his Pops. At least someone was getting a kick out of it. Koi, on the other hand, wanted it to be over...more than anything. Walking to the sink, he fell silent, moving as far away from his father as he could. Why did it have to be him? If anyone could've walked into the kitchen, interrupting a fight between he and Devyn, why the fuck did it have to be Shemar? Koi picked up the pieces of glass shards in the sink carefully, his nerves on edge as he heard Devyn speak. His head snapped in her direction, his brows furrowing as she...welcomed his father's presence? What the fuck...was she doing?! Koi didn't have to verbally as as his widened eyes were giving the message.

I was hoping we could talk a little... No. NO. The sound of glass rebreaking in the sink rang out as Koi dropped every piece he'd managed to pick up. An exhasperated sigh escaped his lips. She had no idea...what fucking pandora box she'd just opened. She was about to try and talk to Shemar Kidd...about what Koi KNEW had something to do with their pregnancy scare. Did she NOT GET IT? What did she NOT GET about his fucking father? Since the night they'd spent together on Valentine's Day, Koi had been pretty fucking open about his father with Devyn. She KNEW what kind of person he could be, now. Hell, she'd had an idea of who he could be before Koi even let her know, their first meeting still probably real fresh in her mind. But THIS was the person she decided to have THIS talk with? Mother fucking fuck! Koi really thought she was smarter than this shit. He really thought she knew better. Apparently not.

"Devyn..." He spoke her name between clenched teeth, an apparent warning. But she just kept right the fuck on, even after his father's blatant insult. Baby mama? Really? Even Koi had to shoot him a "nigga..." look out the corner of his eye. His Pops was already pushing buttons that didn't need to be pushed and by the look on Devyn's face, he only had a couple more to push before the real shit hit the fan.

"You don't fucking need to do this, Dev." He spoke over her again as she tried to free Koi from blame. God, her mouth. It was doing everything that Koi wished it wouldn't. Like keep talking. Like apologizing for shit that wasn't nearly just "her fault". But no, she was going to keep talking. And from the dangerous grin on his father's face, Shemar was going to play this situation out until the end.

but hold your balance...

Devyn

[*] posted on 6-7-2014 at 11:54 AM

Koi wanted her to stop. Her eyes fell to him as he tried speaking over her and her apparently needless explanation. She only wanted to set shit straight. She knew how strained things already were between he and his parents without her feeling like she was the reason for things getting worse. He may not have gotten it, but she was trying to help! She couldn’t fight with him about it now, especially not in front of his father. She didn’t respond to him with words, her face holding a pout, begging him not to stop her from getting this shit out. She needed this. Koi did too.

Turning her attention back to his father Devyn tried to pull together what she really wanted to say to him. It was hard because looking at Shemar reminded her so much of her own dad. Not the savage parts, of course. There was nothing about Shemar that struck fear into her. He didn’t flip a switch and go from loving and compassionate father to gruesome and violent murderer. Shemar Kidd was the kind of jackass she could deal with. He was nothing more than a whore with too big of an ego and not nearly enough maturity.

“What happened with Koi and I was a mistake that won’t happen again. I know you and Mrs. Kidd talked to him about it and he probably said the same thing, but I wanted you to hear it from me too…-,” Devyn paused, trying to read Shemar’s reaction, but he just smiled. That slimy smile that made her want to change into a turtleneck and pick up a bible. A smile that said exactly what Koi’s glare was telling her; he didn’t give a shit what she had to say and all of this was for his amusement...was there any winning?

Probably not.

I'm taking my time.
I'm doing it right.
Shemar

[*] posted on 6-7-2014 at 02:48 PM

Aw. How precious. Was this girl...apologizing? Shemar had to fight the chuckle that wanted to break from behind his smiling lips. Wow. Now that, he wasn't expecting. Not that she didn't look like the type to get on her knees and beg Daddy like a good girl...no, that wasn't it. He was just surprised that she was saying any of this...to him. It was obvious that when she started talking, he didn't care. He'd never cared about anything that had happened between her and Koi. He'd admit that he was a little concerned about how much time Koi spend with the little chicken head, but any of the shit that went on in their lovey dovey relationship was far beyond his concern. The only thing Shemar cared about? Her fucking up his legacy because her legs were wide open to a nigga that couldn't even think to put a rubber on it before he pushed his little young ass dick inside of her. Yeah, Shemar may have fucked up with Koi's mother. But, at least he was already in the door, a rookie for the Bulls...and any girl he'd fucked before or after her? Condom. Two, if he must. But all thoughts aside, none of his recollection on the past mattered because his son hadn't fucked up his life and the little fast ass bitch he nearly destroyed it with wasn't pregnant. So...why was she talking to him?

"I'm sorry...you're apologizing why?" He asked, his eyes moving to Koi who was glaring at him, his eyes speaking way louder than he even had to. Shit, Shemar couldn't understand why he was getting the look of death. This little ass girl had to know that he didn't give a fuck about anything she was saying. She had no weight. She was just some stupid ass that his son brought around HIS house way too much. Did she even HAVE a home? Shemar didn't know with the way she was posted up at their home. And as little as he was actually inside his own residence, seeing her every time he was there was brinking on too much.

"You're not pregnant, right?" He asked her, sighing as he actually waited for the answer, his smile faltering as he shrugged at her.

"That's all I give a fuck about. You...not fucking up something that I built. You, not getting your hands on dollars that ain't yours because you out here puttin' holes in condoms. Ha...if this stupid nigga's even wearin' them." Looking at Koi again, he shook his head, scoffing as he walked to the fridge for a Corona. They better not have touched his fucking Coronas.

"That's what matters..."

Devyn

[*] posted on 6-7-2014 at 04:51 PM

Apologize? Ha. No...No. Not to Shemar. She would apologize to Koi. She would even apologize to Fumie. Shemar? Shemar was getting an explanation that she felt was necessary after scaring the shit out of everyone with her faux baby. When had she said she was sorry about anything to him? If anything he should be apologizing to Koi. Because if their conversation had gone anything like the one Devyn was having now (and she was sure it’s been worse), his son was owed it...Devyn probably should have known. She probably should have guessed from the things Koi had told her and the things she’d experienced first hand with Shemar, that he was going to make this difficult. She wouldn’t let him. His response wasn’t important. All that mattered was Devyn letting him know what she felt about the situation. She’d say her piece and be done.

And that’s just what she did ignoring his question of her “apology”...although she couldn’t hide her emotion as he spoke to her again asking for assurance that she wasn’t pregnant. Her brows knitted together as she gave him the sickest side eye. She watched his smile falter as his question went unanswered and he shrugged, poised to continue. That’s all I give a fuck about…Really? Just like that? Devyn heard herself scoff in amusement and it turned into a short laugh.This shit was unbelieveable...

“Right…” Devyn licked her lips as she tried to calm herself. Why was he so fucking disrespectful?! She could feel her father coming up in her as her patience ran out for Shemar’s bullshit. Hilton was never one for disrespect either and the nonchalant, snide ass comments were something that might have gotten him killed if he’d known who he was talking to...and if she was talking to her father to make such a request…Lucky for him, she wasn’t talking to Hilton and he wouldn’t have to either. Unlucky for him?

“Y’know…fuck you.” Devyn’s voice was calm, her face still in a soft grimace of disgust with him and the complete lack of respect he had for his son. She nodded as she continued talking, “That’s what really matters. FUCK. YOU. Is what the fuck matters. He’s fucking standing right there-,” she stood, pointing to Koi who was probably on edge waiting to see how far she was going to take this. She wouldn’t look at him though, her eyes still boring into Shemar’s. “And he can hear you...What the hell is your problem? Koi is your SON and you’re talking about him like a business…”

Why did that bother her so much? Maybe because she’d heard it all before...

I'm taking my time.
I'm doing it right.
Koi

[*] posted on 6-7-2014 at 07:10 PM

If there was a wall to melt into or a deep fucking hole in the floor to fall in order to get out of the situation that Koi found himself in, he would've taken it. No questions. There was nothing quite like having your best friend, who you hook up with more than just "on occasion" (like a couple of hours ago) try to explain the pregnancy scare that you'd both sprung on your family...and THEN have your Pops talk about how "ain't shit" you are in front of her AND in front of you like you weren't even there. [Ah, memories. Fortunately for Koi, he'd heard it all before. His father had been calling him "pointless" since the second he'd figured out he didn't have to play father of the year for his children anymore. One of his greatest moments. It honestly didn't even hurt anymore. It was like a numbed out bruise...you know if you get punched there, the bruise will get worse except you start noticing just how much you don't feel the pain from it. Shemar said a lot of shit. It was all white noise to Koi now, even if he'd said it in front of Devyn. But he could tell by the tightness on her face that she didn't feel the same apathy that he felt. She didn't see it as a "painless wound" like he did. She hurt for him, her face grimacing as his Pops told her how much he didn't care about her apology. She wasn't even apologizing. She was just explaining something to someone who couldn't have given less of a damn. It was like talking to a brick wall with his Pops and Koi thought she'd understand that. But she didn't...not until he spelled it out for her.

"Dev..." Koi called her name again as a very salty "Right" left her lips. He looked at her warily, his head shaking at her subtly, silently telling her not to waste her breath on him. Not to explain herself anymore. Not to even make a comment in his direction. Shemar didn't deserve it.

Y'know...fuck you. Whoa. Koi's mouth dropped open, his eyes widening more than they had been before. Oh hell... And Devyn was done. She was done trying, she was just...done. And even though Koi didn't blame her, no one in that room was ready for the shit that was about to ensue. Especially since his Pops had DEFINITELY heard the blatant words coming out of her mouth, leaning back to look at her on the other side of the open fridge door. He popped the top on the Corona, letting it clatter to the floor as he stared at her, the unmistakable "surprise" still on his face.

"Really...you don't need to..." Koi tried to interrupt her, to slow the words that were spilling over, but they just kept coming, Devyn' correcting his father's behavior like he was a bad ass elementary kid in the principal's office. Was it hitting home? Fuck no. But Devyn said it anyway, pointing at Koi for emphasis, her eyes burning into Shemar's. The room fell silent after she'd said she'd had to say, his father staring at her as he drank from his beer bottle, drinking half of it in one swig. He put it down on the counter, his eyes still on Devyn, his lips tight as he spoke.

"Little girls with loose ass mouths need to watch talkin' about shit that they don't understand..." Shemar said, his voice growing menacingly darker with every word.

but hold your balance...

Devyn

[*] posted on 7-7-2014 at 01:59 AM

She and Shemar were having a little staring contest and she refused to lose anything to the likes of him. Even as Koi spoke to her, he went ignored, her words striking quickly and without mercy. Yes, she was in his kitchen, in his home, but that shit seemed less than important to her now. If Shemar didn’t have any respect for anything or anybody, why should she? Fuck him, and fuck the noise Koi was talking about her backing down. He probably wasn’t going to listen, but she was damn sure going to tell him about herself...Why did her life seem to keep repeating itself in this damn house?

She knew why she was really feeling the way she was about Shemar talking about Koi like that. And yes, it was partly because she was sure it hurt for Koi to listen to his own father talk about him like a commodity instead of a person, but...it burned deeper for her brother. Shemar’s lack of love wasn’t something new to Devyn because her brother had heard plenty of the same being groomed to carry on for “Leonidas” if he ever died (because true evil never does). You don’t have time for that bullshit boy! You’re a Devereaux. Act like it. He was a kid. Fourteen, maybe fifteen trying to live his fucking life...Something Hilton had no problem telling him he didn’t have time for. Something Hilton had no patience for.

So yeah, she was half talking to Shemar, but he was getting the full weight of her pain. Catching hell, for all of the shit fathers she’d ever had the displeasure of knowing...And he didn’t appreciate it.

Devyn watched as Shemar downed half his beer, setting the bottle on the counter in front of him. She listened as his tone darkened and he threatened her. HA! If she hadn’t been so angry she might have taken the time to have a much needed laugh. Instead, her lips took on a dark smirk and her head fell, her eyes still looking at Shemar through her lashes.

“And little boys who grew old but never grew up need to watch talking reckless to people they don’t really know...” He didn’t know her. Koi didn’t know her for that matter to even tell him...but Devyn feared one man in her life and Shemar Kidd was not him. If push came to shove and she had to match his propensity for violent tantrums (because she could tell Shemar had more than words for people he felt were overstepping boundaries), she would have no problem beating him at his own little game.

That rage was in her blood.

I'm taking my time.
I'm doing it right.
Shemar

[*] posted on 7-7-2014 at 06:01 PM

The fuck did this little girl think she was? Shemar couldn't tell if she was serious or not when she spoke to him with the authority of his motherfucking momma in her damn voice. Who. The fuck. Did she think she was? Coming up on his house and correcting the way he treated his family? The way he talked to his own damn son bothered her? Oh, okay. She could remedy it herself by removing that ass from his kitchen and promptly getting the fuck into her car. But no, she chose the opposite route. Reprimand. Ha. Somebody should've told her. Hell, Koi should've told her. He should've stopped her dead in the middle of her words and reminded her of who his father was. But his dick was too far up her to even remember himself...which was fucking evident by the fact that she was just apologizing to him for nearly exposing herself for the gold digger Shemar already knew she was. She may have had Koi fooled, but Shemar could see right through her. And he didn't mind letting her know and putting her back in her place...

...and obviously, she didn't mind attempting to put him in his. Little boy?

"The fuck'd you say to me?" Shemar coughed out, his beer bottle back to his lips after his warning to her. It was apparent as fuck that that warning was unnecessary as she ignored it anyway, telling him how stuck in boyhood he was and how he needed to watch how he talked to her. He brushed away the beer from his tie that he'd choked on, setting down the beer bottle harder than he had the first time.

"The fuck did she say to me?" He asked his son, who looked just as surprised as Shemar had that been his little bitch had snapped back at him. No fucking respect.

"Let me tell you something, Baby Mama. Don't let this motherfuckin' house, this suit, the money...don't LET that shit fool yo' stupid, money grubbin' ass." Pointing at her, his eyes narrowed as his voice rose, his anger growing every second he looked at that expression on her face. The way she looked at him like he was the fucking scum of the Earth. Like she was above him. Like she ruled shit in HIS HOUSE.

"This nigga may wear a nice fuckin' suit, but I'm all Detroit underneath it! Watch your motherfuckin' mouth." Readjusting his suit jacket, his eyes bore into her as he took the last swig from his beer and placed it in the sink.

"If you're done trying to assert yourself in MY house, feel free to remove yourself from it."

Devyn

[*] posted on 8-7-2014 at 04:17 PM

The fuck you say to me? He heard her. If he hadn’t, he wouldn’t have that stuck ass look on his face. She wasn’t about to repeat herself and she sure as hell wasn’t backing down. Koi might have let him get by talking that shit to him on a daily basis, but Devyn wasn’t standing for it. Disrespecting him meant disrespecting her and Devyn wouldn’t have that shit either way. Yes, Shemar was Koi’s father and she may or may not have been working her way to an ass whooping, but none of that mattered to her right now. What did was making sure Shemar knew how wrong he was in what he was doing. There seemed to be a theme in this house this weekend with Devyn correcting past mistakes. She wasn’t staying quiet anymore.

“You don’t need to ask him to clarify. You heard what I said.” Devyn’s gaze would not falter even as Shemar’s grew darker by the second. He spoke, telling her not to be fooled by the suit and the money and…what a crock of shit. She was getting a little tired of him talking to her as if she’d never experienced money before. He seemed to think she was after some kind of cash that Koi didn’t have yet. As if she couldn’t actually care about Koi as a person...but what could she expect with a man who only thought of him as a paycheck. As a prodigy. As the next him. But Koi wasn’t his father.

Devyn rolled her eyes as Shemar finished his beer and stopped running his mouth...and then did just what she expected him to do. She chuckled as he told her she was free to leave. Whatever.

“Gladly-,” she finally broke eye contact, turning to pull her bag from the counter. Devyn’s hair flipped over her shoulder as she turned back to him, her last words poised on her lips, “But my stupid money grubbin’ ass will be back.” She smirked, winking as she moved past him. She and Koi were solid. Always. Sure, maybe they were shaky now, but neither of them was going anywhere. Devyn especially.

I'm taking my time.
I'm doing it right.
Koi

[*] posted on 9-7-2014 at 03:56 PM

"Pops..." Koi muttered, avoiding his father's question as it was obvious Shemar had heard exactly what Devyn had just said to him. Fuck You. Two simple words that meant exactly what Devyn wanted them to mean. There was no question about them, but there was blatant disbelief as his father was probably still trying to figure out how it was fucking possible for some random ass girl to say the words she'd said to him in his own home. And koi couldn't help wonder himself...why it'd taken HIM so damn long to say the same thing? Oh yeah. His mother. Eri. The need to keep his fucking blood pressure down because Shemar Kidd was the only motherfucker that could make him feel like he was about to stroke out on conversation, alone. That. That was what had kept him reasonably silent when it came to his father and his father's penchant for asshole-ness. But Devyn? She was free. No ties. Nothing that connected her to the fucked up house that Koi was made to live in with his FUCKED UP father. She could say anything that came to her MIND about the man that stood in that kitchen with her.

Like the back and forth they were having right in front of Koi and just like usual, he felt powerless as fuck. His Pops saying fucked up shit to Devyn. Her biting right back where it hurt. Koi watching it play out, words volleying back and forth like a tennis ball at a match. They had to stop. They both needed to fucking stop...before shit got real. Before his dad showed Devyn just how much of an asshole he could be. Before she found out that he had NO problem putting his hands on a woman.

"C'mon ya'll just...can you just chill out for one se..." Koi attempted to speak over them, his words falling silent underneath his father's rant, letting Devyn know that despite the what he looked like, just how "Detroit" he was. Which Koi nearly laughed at considering that his father hadn't stepped closed to Saginaw since his Moms popped off at him in front of the fam for being a fucking cheater AND a lying...considering his sisters let her know just how much of an "ain't shit" nigga he STILL was after he promised he'd changed. Koi's father knew as much about Detroit as he knew about being a "good father". Fucking nothing.

"Yo, Pops...you gotta chill." He said again...and was ignored...by his father throwing Devyn out. What?

"Dad! Chill, bruh!" His voice raised over Devyn's "gladly", his hand blocking the door as she moved to get her purse off the table, her mouth still flying as she tried to move past him. He shook his head, his arm curling around her waist as he held her back from leaving.

"You ain't goin' nowhere." He muttered to her before he looked up into the newly surprised eyes of his father, his head shaking at his father's dismissal of Devyn.

"She ain't goin' nowhere, Pops. Not over this. This is stupid!"

but hold your balance...

Devyn

[*] posted on 10-7-2014 at 12:33 PM

Devyn had no problem with leaving this God forsaken house, her bag in arm and her feet moving toward the door despite Koi’s pleas for both she and his father to just chill the fuck out. That wasn’t happening. Shemar was a stubborn ass and Devyn could be just as stubborn. She spoke over Koi, letting Shemar know that her leaving now didn’t mean shit, but her words faltered as Koi’s arm wrapped around her waist, pulling her close to him. You ain’t going nowhere. Devyn felt her lips pull at the corners and she fought back a smile as he confirmed what she already knew. Like she’d said, they were always going to be good. She knew he was still annoyed with her for starting this, the tension in his face making that completely apparent, but he still wanted her with him.

“Babe, it’s fine-,” Devyn turned to face him, her hand meeting his chest as she looked at him for the first time since starting this fight with his father. He was well on his way to turning a bright shade of fire engine red and the challenge he was staring down his dad with might have been deeper than hers had been. Devyn wasn’t leaving. Not over this...but she was. She didn’t need to stay. Shemar wasn’t listening, her lingering would only mean more stress for Koi, and if she was being completely honest with herself, Devyn couldn’t bear to be in the same room with Shemar at the current moment...Her father was far too heavy on her mind for anything to end well in that kitchen. “I can go. It’s okay…”

He didn’t need to fight for her. And despite how attractive she found it, she didn’t want him to. The point of her saying anything in the first place was taking the heat off him with this pregnancy thing. She’d never meant to pile shit on with another fight. Gah, how did she keep fucking up?! She just wanted to make shit right; she was making shit worse.

Leaving was probably better for everybody.

I'm taking my time.
I'm doing it right.
Shemar

[*] posted on 13-7-2014 at 03:42 PM

Discussion goddamn over. And in Shemar's honest opinion, it had gone on seconds too long...especially when it was with Koi's slut rat of a girlfriend...or whatever the fuck it is he was calling her. Guess there wasn't really a term for "bitch you keep in the friend zone although you put your young ass dick in her every fucking night". It didn't really matter what his son called that girl, Shemar just wanted her out of his damn kitchen and the end of her disrespect. And it looked like she was about to be out his door, her mouth still giving him a lot of talk that he didn't need or want. She'd be back? The fuck did she think this was? Some cheap ass motel with a revolving door? Nah. Four words. Private property, dumb bitch. If Shemar didn't want her there, she wouldn't be there. Those were the benefits of having money, something that this simple ass obviously didn't understand. The talk was meaningless. But hey, this was all a positive thing. Shemar could stop turning a blind eye to their fucked up, soap opera romance and Koi could start taking her to a motel like the whore she was. If there was anything he needed to learn from his Pops, that was it. You don't bring your whores home. One day his son would learn to operate like a grown man and stop all this fucking child's play.

She ain't goin' nowhere... Oh really? Shemar turned away from the sink, a smirk of unbelief on his face as he stared at his first born son. What the fuck did he just say to him? Shemar was sure that he'd imagined what had come out of Koi's mouth because it sure as fuck sounded like a "no". No? Shemar's head cocked to the side as Koi's words hit him, the look of "I don't understand" still on his features. This shit had to be a hallucination because no one, and Shemar meant no one told him who the fuck he could keep in or kick out of his damn house. Even Fumie knew that the bitches he fucked with in his spare time stayed away only because HE wanted them to stay away, a "truce" be damned. And now Shemar was getting push back from his son over some...yeah, no.

"Nah?" Shemar finally said, a laugh accompanying his words. He left the sink slowly, his hands digging into his pockets as he walked towards Koi. He stopped an inch away from where his son stood, the look on Koi's face real decipherable. He was smelling himself, huh? Little bitch was giving him some pussy that made him feel like he was a man, right? Yeah, Shemar was about to break that assumption real quick. Another laugh left Shemar's mouth as he stared his son in his face and watched Koi pull his bitch behind his back. Like he was protecting her. Right...

"That wasn't a question. It wasn't a request. It was a fucking demand." He said simply, his chest inches away from Koi's.

"Say goodbye to that loose legged bitch behind your back." With a flick of his hand, he waved Koi's unwanted guest off.

Devyn

[*] posted on 14-7-2014 at 04:10 PM

If this shit hadn’t been bad already, it was about to get much, much worse. The threat in Shemar’s ‘nah?’ was unmistakable and for the first time since this argument started, Devyn found herself fearful. Not because of something Shemar might do, but Koi…The kid was already tense about Devyn having started this whole thing. But Shemar was challenging him; Koi didn’t do well with challenges. She could feel his chest rise, her hand leaving him as she turned to Shemar’s laugh. She couldn’t help the deepset scowl on her face because she knew damn well that laugh meant trouble.

Devyn watched, her body tense next to Koi’s as Shemar approached, his hands in his pockets. That wasn’t a question…He was uncomfortably close, his voice more menacing than it had been in their short time together. Koi didn’t give. His gaze never faltered and that vein in his temple seemed etched there. There was something different in him. When he and Devyn argued there was always a small…spark. Just a little something to let Devyn know that their argument was temporary and it wasn’t the end….that spark wasn’t there now. Koi was dark.

Devyn’s brows knitted, her arm weaving around Koi’s to let him know she was still there. She looked up to him as Shemar’s last words stood in the air around them, his insult taking a backseat to the look on Koi’s face. “Babe…” Her hand came to his face as she tried to divert his focus, but Koi pulled away from her. His eyes still square on his father, his jaw clenched, his stare deadly.

“Koi, don’t.”

I'm taking my time.
I'm doing it right.
Koi

[*] posted on 14-7-2014 at 06:10 PM

Say goodbye to that loose legged bitch behind your back... The slow thud in Koi's temple that he already knew as his hot, racing blood sped as his body twitched involuntarily, hands clenching into fists at his side. His nostrils flared as he stared down the only man he would ever know as a father...and the only man that, no matter what he did, would never deserve the title. Because of shit like this... Bold, calculated. This impolite ass motherfucker... Shemar Kidd wrote the book on causing drama and he chose this moment, when shit was already hitting the fucking fan, to show how much he not only talked being an asshole, but he walked it. By insulting Devyn. And Koi...was done. He was tired of this fake, fucking clown. Tired of his mouth. Tired of the fucking insults. Tired of seeing his Moms sport sunglasses on the most overcast of days because her shame wouldn't let her kids see what Daddy does when he doesn't get his way. Tired of the way nothing...NOTHING Koi did, whether it was on the court or in his life, was ever good enough to make the father that disappeared when he was eleven come home. Koi couldn't do THIS anymore! Turning blind eyes and deaf ears to shit that should've had his fist in his father's nose a long damn time ago. He was undisputably finished with Shemar Kidd.

"Fuck. You." He heard himself say, his voice low as his chest heaved, Devyn's hand at his face as she tried to pull his eyes away from Shemar. He moved her hand away from him as he pulled his face closer to his father's, a look of dangerous amusement appearing on Shemar's face. Koi's finger pointed in his Shemar's face as he spoke again.

"...and FUCK your demands. FUCK. YOU." His voice exploded through the silence that the kitchen held. Koi's breaths were coming so quickly, his heart racing so fast that he knew his emotions were about to take over. He knew this...the numb. He felt it coming. When everything choked him out and the hollow took over. But it wasn't the same...not this time. Because empty wasn't staying. Something else was filling him as he stood facing his father. The hot, prickly feeling of it was climbing his body, etching itself into his clenched hands...making them shake with anger.

"And you ain't gone touch her. I said...she's not going NO WHERE." His last words were almost a growl, spoken between teeth clenched so hard that the shit hurt. But Koi meant what he said. Devyn wasn't going anywhere.

but hold your balance...

Fumie

[*] posted on 15-7-2014 at 12:57 PM

She was feeling really great. Fumie couldn’t help the smile on her lips as she pulled into her garage spot and turned her car off. “...Well, I’m glad you had a good day, baby. I wish I could have gone with you guys.” Eri had just finished telling her about a spur of the moment trip to Surfside with a couple of the girls from her class. She was so excited about Eri growing out of that awkward stage she seemed to be in when it came to people. Her little girl was shy, but if people just took the time to get to know her...someone finally had and Fumie couldn’t have been more thankful. So yes she was happy. And her baby having a fun day was icing on the cake to her perfect one.

She’d spent the better part of her day at KnuckleUp with Zori. They had just a little bit of business to tend to with the quickly approaching summer schedule, but a lot of their time together had been training. He was teaching her to kickbox and trying to get her to meditate regularly. Meditation wasn’t really her thing, what with not being able to switch her brain off, but somehow that wasn’t much of a problem when the two of them sparred. Maybe it had something to do with the way he smelled everytime he moved past her. Maybe it was something about the way his hand rested on her stomach when he was fixing her form...whatever it was specifically, she knew it wasn’t meditation that was keeping her “balanced”, but her time near him.

“What are you thinking for dinner tonight, babe? You think Koi might want to go out with us?” Her hand ran through Eri’s curls as she opened the garage door into the house and let Eri in front of her. She never got a response from her and she felt her smile fade as she heard the clear sound of Koi’s voice from the kitchen. FUCK your demands... “Eri, baby go upstairs.” She pouted at her mother’s request, her head already shaking in response. She wanted to make sure her brother was okay...That wasn’t her place. “Now.” Fumie moved past her, her steps hurried to the kitchen as Koi’s resounding “NO WHERE” sounded. He wasn’t okay. He was pissed and as Fumie finally entered the kitchen she didn’t have to guess why. Of course Shemar had taken the few minutes he was home to fight with his son.

Shit! Couldn’t she just come home, run a warm bath, and rub one out to the thought of Zori on top of her? Obviously not. “What’s going on?” Her voice was quiet, calming. Cautious. Looking around, she could take a guess. Shemar and Devyn in the same room? The recent pregnancy scare? The words her husband probably had for the “golddigger” trying to trip his son up? Yeah. She didn’t have to ask.

“Koi...Sweets, you want to fill me in?”

I was a heavy heart to carry but, he never let me down.
When he held me in his arms my feet never touched the ground.
Shemar

[*] posted on 27-7-2014 at 06:38 PM

Oh?! So, it was okay to tell Shemar Kidd what to do in Shemar Kidd's house? Koi's shit causing hoe wasn't going...how'd he put it..."no where", huh? You shittin' me... The words left Shemar's unsmiling lips as he stood toe-to-toe with his only son. Koi was giving the order now? That was fucking news to him as he was certain that he was still standing in his kitchen, in his house that HE for DAMN sure paid the mortgage on! Yet, this simple nigga was giving HIM orders?! The night just KEPT offering Shemar surprises, starting with Koi letting the bitch that he dicked down on the regular back in the house she for damn sure wasn't welcome in. Her presence wasn't desirable and she wasn't needed or necessary, but then again...when did Koi do anything that Shemar wanted him to do? Like keeping his head in the fucking game...and keeping his loyalty to his family, not some free pussy bitch that he found at that fucking expensive private school that Fumie had Shemar paying out the ass for. His life was simple. Shemar had made it that way for him. But Koi didn't do simple, now did he? No...just like his overzealous mother, he liked the fucking drama. He didn't know how to let shit BE and follow orders. But Shemar was good at breaking wilful things. And the same way he had Fumie's compliance (even though it was waning more and more every day), he would have Koi's.

"Nah, lil' man..." Shemar's voice lowered, unnervingly quiet next to Koi's shouted words, speaking the name he used on Koi when he was out of control. When Shemar was just about fucking ready to give up on "words". When actions were about to be his next move.

"...you already know how this shit is about to end..." His hand came up quickly, his son's body tensing against what he expected to be the first blow...because he knew his father. And Shemar was sure Koi had some sort of idea of how impatient his father was when it came to talking. Instead, Shemar's hand smoothed the shoulder of Koi's t-shirt, ignoring his son's violent shrug as he tried to move his hand away. He succeeded, Shemar's hand leaving his shoulder and coming to the neck of the shirt, grabbing it as he pulled Koi closer to him. Close enough to hear exactly what he needed to hear. Because his words were for Koi...and only Koi.

"...yo' silly ass on the ground and that BITCH in KRPD's finest fucking party cell...where two-dollar hoes like her belong..." He held him there, his sneer daring Koi to do something other than back the fuck down and LEAVE, taking that slut with him. Yeah, he AND her. THEY could get the fuck out. And Koi could let her broke ass take care of him. Yeah..."fuck Shemar", right?

Shemar was still staring Koi down as he heard the door beep, a heavy sigh leaving his lips as he let Koi's shirt go and stepped back...because that door chime meant one thing. Fumie was home...also known as "Koi's saving grace". Shemar looked towards the entrance to the kitchen as Fumie emerged, workout clothes on, looking like the fucking bag lady she was so readily turning into those days. He shook his head as she spoke...to Koi? Really? The fuck was she asking him questions for like he was the mother fucking adult in the room?

"Him? Fill you in? Fuck you asking him for?" Shemar spat, his nose flaring as he glared at her.

"Long story short, Koi's...'guest'...got lippy and I had to correct her. End of story."

Devyn

[*] posted on 29-7-2014 at 01:54 PM

Devyn had opened a dangerous door and Koi was stepping through it. Despite her asking him not to, Koi had obviously grown tired of Shemar’s bullshit and he spoke, his words as simple as hers had been moments earlier. Fuck. You. It was different for him, telling his father something he’d told plenty of other people before. Devyn could tell in how quietly his first words came, the shakiness of his breath once they were out. He’d never said that to him before. Despite what Devyn knew to be true about Shemar, Koi had never disrespected him the way he was now. The way she’d pushed him to.

She never meant for any of this to happen. Honestly, she just wanted to claim her part in the pregnancy scare and move the fuck on from it. She and Koi had been good. She thought. Even with her getting all emotional after Derrick’s party, they had spent a good part of just this morning wrapped up in one another. How had things turned to shit so fast?

Dev let go of Koi’s arm as he stepped closer to his father, his voice raised and his finger pointed in Shemar’s face. She wanted to tell him to stop, to calm down, but she didn’t. He needed this. Just as she’d felt the need to start this whole thing by taking responsibility, Koi had taken it upon himself to end it. And he was doing so by finally telling Shemar Kidd how he really felt. How far Shemar let him go with that however, was a complete toss up and the suspense was threatening to kill her.

Shemar spoke and looking between Koi and his father, Devyn could feel her body tense with the situation. Koi wouldn’t get beyond the few “fuck yous” he’d gotten out because Shemar’s amused smirk had slipped into a dangerous expression that Devyn knew all too well. And as Shemar reached out, she even felt herself jump a bit, stepping closer to the men, sure he was about to hit him...he didn’t. Devyn could only watch, her breath bated as Shemar’s fist gripped Koi’s collar and pulled him closer, sharing private words not meant for Devyns ears. Had she been interested in anything but Koi right now, she might have asked if Shemar had something he wanted to share with the class. But what he was saying (surely about her) wasn’t important. What was important was the kid.

“Koi, please-,” she wanted to beg him to let this shit drop. He shouldn’t have been doing this shit with his dad. Not because she pushed him to it. Not because of her. She would have continued, but the chime of their alarm system diverted everyone’s attention. Devyn sighed as Shemar did but her’s was a sigh of relief. Maybe Fumie would be able to put an end to this whole thing? She could hope, right? Koi...Sweets, you want to fill me in? He never had the chance, his father jumping in before Koi could answer. Devyn had gotten ‘lippy’...She could feel her expression turn to a soft grimace, but she said nothing, hoping Fumie would just ask Koi again what was going on.

“Okay…-,” Fumie paused, her next words careful in such a fragile situation. “Shemar, baby, why don’t you let me deal with this? I know you had that appearance today…” Hmm. That was different. Devyn had been sure her dismissal was imminent. Not that she would blame Fumie for that. She had gotten “lippy” and if it meant shutting Shemar up, she was sure Fumie was for it...but no.

Where the hell was this going?

I'm taking my time.
I'm doing it right.
Koi

[*] posted on 1-8-2014 at 06:17 PM

Devyn's pleas were falling on totally deafened ears. Koi wouldn't have heard her or the fear in her voice even if he wanted to. Shemar had him too far gone. The anger made him see his father and just his father, everything else in the room going blurry, his eyes hot from the rage he felt. This wasn't the first time that Shemar had pissed Koi off. Hell, that was a fucking "by appearance" type deal, as far as Koi was concerned. It was almost like a requirement whenever his Pops actually found his way home. But this time...it was different. This time, the anger felt like it was going to burst out of his fucking chest. He was irrational...defensive. Stupid...which is what he was sure his father was mentally calling him as they stood inches apart, staring each other down. Because no matter how much Koi hated his father, no matter how much respect he refused to have for him...he would've never been as close to his face as he was now, snarling at him. Daring him to do anything but back down and get the fuck out of his OWN house...the very thing he wouldn't do. Koi was sure of it in the way he grabbed Koi's shirt, pulled him towards him and told Koi exactly what would happen if Koi didn't stand down. If the moment hadn't been so intense, Koi would've smirked. He didn't need a reminder from his father of what the consequences were if Shemar Kidd didn't get his way in this situation. Because he didn't give a fuck... He didn't care about his father's threats. He didn't care how quickly he could've made threats real either. All Koi could hear was more disrespecting Devyn...and more challenges.

But before he could open his mouth in rebuttal, Shemar let his shirt go and backed away, the back door chiming, letting them know that someone was home. Someone being Koi's mother. Koi shook his head at his father, his eyes still fastened on him. No fucking wonder he backed off. Shemar Kidd may have been an asshole, but he was a smart one. There was no way he would've let his Moms find them in the kitchen with his hands on her son.

Why don't you fill me in... Koi stayed quiet, his eyes bore dangerously into his father who decided that he could tell the situation better than his son could. He probably could've, even though everything was lies when he started talking. But Koi couldn't...talk. He couldn't stop staring at his father, even with him mother in the room. And just like Koi expected, she diffused the situation, shushing his father by taking responsibility of something that she didn't even start!

"Really?" He blurted out. But Devyn's hand on his face shushed the rest of his comment. His anger ready to blast his mother out on how once again she'd begun cleaning up a mess that wasn't hers.

but hold your balance...

Fumie

[*] posted on 2-8-2014 at 04:29 AM

Really?

Fumie’s eyes locked with her son’s, widening and silently begging him not to test his damn father. Regardless of whether or not Fumie knew what was going on, they both knew Shemar Kidd only aggravated a situation. So yes, really. She was dismissing Shemar because it was the simple answer. Surely Koi didn’t want her to send Devyn away. From the looks of things, she was the one keeping things from going too far. Fumie watched her son swallow the rest of his words as Devyn stepped in front of him, her hand on his cheek, her thumb resting atop his lips. She was keeping him quiet and that was exactly what they needed right now. She stepped closer, her eyes falling on her husband once again.

“I’ll handle it, Shemar, really…” She didn’t need to push. Pushing would make it feel like it wasn’t his decision and she knew how much her “baby” liked control. Ugh. She hated doing this. Fucking excusing him from shit she was sure he started in the first place. Talking about it like her son was the one out of line here. And in front of Devyn...She might have shaken her head at the thought, but she was doing her best to convince him that leaving so he didn’t have to “stress” about this was the best option. In actuality, it was the only option. And he took it. Fumie heaved a heavy sigh of relief as Shemar decided to take her suggestion. She could only hope her son wouldn’t agitate the situation further.

Her husband brushed past her and her eyes again found Koi. “Sweets, please talk to me. What’s going on?” She stepped closer to him as Devyn stepped back. Fumie’s hand tried to reach out for him, but he wasn’t having it. Was he mad at her?! Impossible. She had literally just walked into the room. She had fixed something that was obviously about to get out of hand. She hadn’t done anything wrong!

“Koi...I...what?”

I was a heavy heart to carry but, he never let me down.
When he held me in his arms my feet never touched the ground.
 Pages:  1    3  4

Go To Top