Koi

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 19-11-2011 at 11:07 AM
Guest Room

Where Pops really sleeps...
Shemar

[*] posted on 9-4-2014 at 01:16 PM

The night, even though it'd been exhausting, had been insane. One of Shemar's old teammates was getting married and the bachelor party had been the shit that the best stories were made of. It was the kind of party that had him thinking that his boy only got married for the strippers, to be honest. Especially since this sexy little latina thing he was marrying would make "wife #4". The Orchid had had some of the best on the stage and Shemar was positive it was because they knew he and his boys would be in the building. NBA Championship Ring Holders, only. The show he got that night, though? Had him wanting to write thank you letters to all the sexy ass that had graced his lap. Like he said, they'd been the best. So good that he'd definitely have to talk to his financial advisor in the morning as he swore he'd paid some of those girls' tuitions for the upcoming semester. The fuck was he talking about...it was morning.

Quiet wasn't even an adjective he was trying to use coming up the stairs, his steps hitting the polished wood of the staircase without any silent remorse. What was he hiding and who was he hiding it from? Nothing and no one. Fumie was rarely ever home to wait up for him and she knew better than to ask him anything about where he'd been or what time of the night he was rollin' up into the house. As for his children? They didn't wait up for "daddy" anymore. Daddy was too busy living his retirement to read bedtime stories.

Groaning a bit, he shifted his suit coat in his arms, his hand opening the door to the guest room, which had been his room for as long as he remembered. More specifically, since he and Fumie stopped sharing a bed. The fuck if he cared. Usually he didn't set foot in the room as he had hotel suites that served his afterparty purposes much better than this room could. But he left the strippers to his boy that night. Any man that was about to sign away his freedom and settle down deserved some "for the last time" pussy.

He stepped in the room, throwing his suit coat where he knew the bed would be before switching on the lights and...

"The fuck!" His voice just avoided turning into an all out shout as he knew he nearly burped up his DAMN HEART. His eyes adjusted to the light, he blinked...but the vision didn't disappear. Fumie was really sitting on his bed...arms crossed. And he knew the face she was wearing. She was ready to go to war.

"And...the fuck did I do now?" He chuckled, his hands finding his pockets as he leaned on the door, closing it.

i was born on top of the world.
Fumie

[*] posted on 9-4-2014 at 01:56 PM

She was absolutely livid. Once again her husband was outdoing himself and proving to be more of a disappointment than she originally thought. Even now, at three in the morning, Shemar hadn't even bothered to even call and let her know he wasn't fucking dead. Not that she would have given a shit either way. Not with what he'd done. There was very little she asked of Shemar. Don't bring anything home. Don't have those bitches around her kids. Don't make any bastards while he's out doing God knew what with who the hell cared who. Three simple rules that she knew he could follow with very little effort...so how had he fucked it up?!

One of Shemar's whores was pregnant. Fumie had come home a little early today and been greeted at the door by Ipo handing her the box for a fucking EPT. A box she'd found in the pool house. It wasn't that she was surprised. Honestly, Fumie knew it was only a matter of time before one of these little girls wised up and trapped themselves a "baller". Something her husband no longer was, but he talked a good game. One of them was going to be stupid enough to fall for his bullshit and get herself knocked up. It didn't surprise her, but it pissed her the fuck off. It took everything inside her not to lose her shit in front of Ipo. It was taking even more restraint not to call her divorce lawyer and have the papers drawn up for real this time. She was so tired of the bullshit. So tired of Shemar trying his fucking best to destroy his own family.

But she did neither. Fumie got herself a glass of wine, took a nice hot shower, made herself comfortable, and waited. She'd been sitting in that guest room since 6 o'clock just waiting for him to find his way home so that she could make him explain himself. She wanted to hear the shit from him. Not TMZ. Not People. She wanted it from him. And she would, her back straightening as he finally entered the dark room. He tossed his jacket to the bed before switching on the light and almost having a small stroke. Had she scared him? Good.

"Welcome home, baby-," her voice was dark, almost menacing. "Anything interesting you want to share with your wife?"

I was a heavy heart to carry but, he never let me down.
When he held me in his arms my feet never touched the ground.
Shemar

[*] posted on 9-4-2014 at 03:12 PM

What the FUCK was his wife doing sitting in his room in the fucking dark? Shemar could barely play it cool as he leaned against the door, his heart still beating like crazy in his chest. If she'd meant to scare the shit out of him, she had. Good for her. Mission fucking accomplished. He had half the mind to knock her upside her head because he was starting to figure out that whatever he'd done this time, he'd made her lose her mind and he couldn't help but hope that the sudden jolt would help it return. He didn't have time for her dramatics, looking like a scene from "Waiting to Exhale". The aged scotch his boy had gifted him for showing up at the soiree had him feeling nice and the friendly dancer that took him to the "Champagne Room" and showed all the lovely tricks she could do with her very talented tongue ring had him feeling even better. Drunk and no blue balls. Life was good. Until this... This shit...was killing his damn vibe and he didn't even know why. As far as he knew, he hadn't broken any of the three rules that Fumie had placed on their very open marriage. He hadn't fucked in the house, he hadn't fucked around the kids and he hadn't fucked a bitch pregnant. Check, check and check. So what the fuck had her silk panties in a fucking bunch?

"Baby?..." He laughed again, his back leaving the door as he walked further into the room, his eyes still on his fuming wife. Damn, she was mad. And he could tell she was because she NEVER called him "baby". Or welcomed him home. Or asked about his damn business.

"Anything I wanna share? I didn't know we were sharing now." Walking over to where she sat, he hovered over her, his hands busy undoing his tie.

"Went to the Orchid tonight. Some little Asian girl with a black girl's ass killed the stage. I mean she merc- " His words stopped as he watched the expression go from "angry as hell" to "irrational, pissed off fury" on his wife's face. Pulling his tie from around his neck, he turned away from her to hide the wide smile that he couldn't keep from breaking on his lips.

"Oh. Guess that wasn't what you wanted to hear. You gotta be specific, wifey."

Fumie

[*] posted on 9-4-2014 at 03:42 PM

He was going to treat her like she was stupid? Like she didn�t eventually find out about ALL his dirt? The fuck did she look like?! He knew what the fuck she was asking him about! How long had the bitch been pregnant she wondered...Maybe he'd already gotten it taken care of and figured he didn't need to tell her. Wrong. Wrong as fuck! Because now she'd figured it out and it only pissed her off more. And his cute little retort to her very serious question? Unappreciated. She didn't give a fuck who he did at Orchid! She wanted to know who he'd fucked a baby into!...but she was holding on to that fury. Letting it build, just in case she killed him, she could say it was heat of the moment.

Doing nothing to hide her disgusted grimace, she stood up. "What was I thinking? Of course you don't know what I'm talking about-," she moved past him. "I mean you were too FUCKING STUPID TO WRAP YOUR FUCKING DICK UP...so why would you know what I'm talking about?" Spinning back around to face him she threw the box at his chest.

"Just tell me it's taken care of, Shemar."

Shemar

[*] posted on 9-4-2014 at 04:40 PM

Of course you don't know what I'm talking about. Glad she fucking figured out because as far as Shemar could tell, his wife had officially lost it. This act she was pulling? Her, in her robe (couldn't she have worn something sexier?) acting like a mad woman at 3 AM? It was madness. And for what? He still hadn't figured it out. Mostly because Fumie was too busy playing games with his life and with his time. Shit, he could've been sleeping by now. No, instead he was losing his buzz and trying not to lay his hands on her, because let's be honest, the shit would've take too much energy. And maybe, just maybe, she would figure out that Shemar didn't know, nor care what the hell she was pissed off about, take her ass back to what was once THEIR bedroom and take her tired ass to sl-

Nope. "WRAP my DICK up? The fuck are you-" He tried talking over Fumie's raging but she kept on talking about him not being careful and... a pregnancy test box? Shemar felt the thing hit his chest and read it as it fell to the floor.

"Where did you get this?" He asked quietly, bending down to take it from the ground.

"STOP fucking TALKING!" He shouted over her last words. His eyes settling on her again. "Where...did you find this?"

Fumie

[*] posted on 9-4-2014 at 04:53 PM

Where did you get this? She heard his question. She wasn't answering it! Not until he answered all of hers. Like did he get the fucking shit taken care of? She wasn't raising his bastard child and she wasn't staying with him if he had it. She was done. For real this time. She could not spin a baby to the press. She couldn't fix this big of a fucking mess and she wasn't even going to try. Shemar was out of mulligans and Fumie was fresh out of patience for his bullshit. She was DONE. All she needed to hear out of his mouth was that he was keeping his bastard and she was finished with him. She and her kids would be finished. She didn't get an answer though, his voice raising as he spoke over her, repeating his question.

"Where the fuck do you think? It's fucking yours! It came out of the pool house!" There. Now. Tit for fuckng tat. Quid pro quo. "Did you make the bitch abort it or not? I swear to God Shemar I'm fucking done with you if you do this to our fucking family! DONE!"

Fumie's nostrils flared as she felt a fresh rage fill her. For his sake and hers, Shemar needed to answer Fumie's question. She was ass hair close to losing her fucking mind and he was about to push her over the edge.

Shemar

[*] posted on 9-4-2014 at 05:36 PM

What the blue fuck was a pregnancy test doing in his pool house? Yeah, HIS pool house. His, because no one in their right mind stepped foot in it. It was his territory, meaning if you walked in at any particular time, there was no telling what the hell you'd find going on in there...especially if the maid hadn't cleaned in there yet. It was HIS. Neutral ground. That pool house was the exception to the "house" rule. And any of the others? He still hadn't broken. Which brought the original question back to the forefront. Whose. Fucking. Test. Was that? It sure as hell wasn't his as he didn't even PLAY games with the girls he fucked around with. Two condoms was the regular and if he had to, he wasn't above buying a morning after pill pack. He didn't play the pregnancy game. Fuck that. So what the hell was this shit?

"Like I said..." His words were interrupted by another accusation from Fumie that the test was, indeed, his. If this bitch didn't stop with the fucking lies. Telling him his life like she watched it fucking pay per view or some shit. She knew what he told her. And he was TELLING HER the box wasn't his.

"LIKE I FUCKING SAID..." He repeated himself, turning to where she stood, his face flashing the warning that the grace of fucking God keeping him from putting his hands on her was very quickly running out. She was really playing her luck, accusing him of something that he didn't have to lie about. He hadn't fucked up and gotten any one knocked up. That was his word. Why the fuck would he start hiding shit now!? Sure, a divorce was the last thing he needed. Sure, a prenup was the first thing he'd needed when he married Fumie. But, she didn't shake him. Not in the least bit. He was a damn man that didn't need to explain his actions, especially when he was upfront about them. When you ran shit, you eventually find out that you didn't have to lie about it in the first place.

"You gone STOP with all this racket. Assumin' shit because you THINK you KNOW EVERY FUCKING THING FUMIE!" His voice rose over hers again as she threatened him with the end of the family for the fiftieth time that MONTH, he was sure. But this time, he kind of felt she wasn't bullshitting. Over this? THIS? A pregnancy test that she was assuming was his?

"IT'S NOT MINE!" He shouted. "Blame me again. Say it's mine again so I can slap your fucking assuming ass back into last week. Say it again." She was going to cut all the fucking racket. He was done arguing this with her.

Fumie

[*] posted on 10-4-2014 at 05:44 AM

Did he think he was scaring her because he was yelling at her? Did he think she was backing down because he was giving her that look he did when his patience was running thin? Did he think he wasn't going to tell her what the fuck was going on in her fucking house?! TOO BAD. He was failing in all three aspects because Fumie was not stopping any racket before she got the answers she was looking for. She was more than prepared to put Shemar out of her fucking house tonight and the only thing currently stopping her was an answer. Yes or no? Baby or not? It was a matter of life and death in more than one respect.

And he was denying it was even an issue. A loud scoff left Fumie before she laughed. He was denying it?! It wasn't his? REALLY? "Are you fucking kidding me Shemar?!" He couldn't possibly think she was going to buy the bullshit he was feeding her. Fumie went with a lot of shit. This joke of a marriage, his "good guy" image as the face of Kidd's Kids, even his complete absence from his children's lives. She went with it, so she wouldn't have to add it to a long list of shit she already had to handle. This? This was unforgivable. A betrayal so overt it could not be swept under a rug or made into a smaller issue. Him having another child by another woman was something she wasn't going to just "go with". She would burn in hell first.

"Okay Shemar-," Fumie's arms folded across her chest. "If it's not yours then who's the FUCK is it? It sure as hell isn't fucking mine! Nobody else goes in your nasty little sex shack so-," Fumie stopped, mid-rant as a realization slapped her harder than her husband probably wanted to. Shemar Kidd wasn't the only one in this house with the ability to get a girl pregnant. Shemar Kidd also wasn't the only one that had been in that pool house recently...

"Shit-," Fumie cursed under her breath, Shemar's presence completely forgotten as she considered another answer to the question of whose test this was...Fuck.

Shemar

[*] posted on 10-4-2014 at 04:18 PM

If it's not yours then who the FUCK is it? How the HELL did she think he knew? Because Shemar was positive that she sure as hell didn't still think he was lying. And if she did? She did the smart thing by not telling him so. The fuck had gotten into her. First, with the accusatory shit she greeted him with as soon as he walked through the door of HIS home, killing his good mood. Secondly, being bold as fuck as to even question him about what he did and why he did it. Shemar didn't have shit to worry about when it came to bringing more mouths in the world to feed. He'd learned his lesson about bustin' nuts and the consequences of it. He looked at the consequences every fucking day. Well...almost every fucking day as he was sure he hadn't seen his kids in a week or so. He wouldn't make the mistake again. But even if he HAD fucked up and gotten one of his jump offs pregnant, that would be his fucking business. Not Fumie's. And the fact that she was even in his face like she was the caring, emotional wifey she use to be was hilarious...if not annoying as hell. But he got it. She had to protect her investment, right?

"Why do you keep asking me questions that I can't answer. I'm getting tired of this repeat shi-" Shemar's words blended with Fumie's as what he assumed was her letting the matter go and finally leaving him alone about the shit started up into a brand new round of accusations...until she stopped mid sentence. Almost like she remembered something she'd forgotten. Shemar's words faded off too as he noticed her expression, a smirk falling on his face.

"What...? Finally believe me? Like I said. It's not mine." He spoke as she cursed quietly.

"I don't fuck those hoes raw, Fumie. I told you that a long damn time ago. And if some fucking test is gone make you believe otherwise, you can mute it. I told you what's up. You either accept it or...are you even listening to me?!" Shemar snapped his fingers in front of her face as she looked like she'd phased out of the conversation seconds ago.

Fumie

[*] posted on 10-4-2014 at 05:04 PM

Was he still talking? She could hear him making noise, but none of what he was saying was making a lick of sense to her. It was all white noise. White noise acting as a background for the horror music that was the soundtrack to her life. The pregnancy test didn't belong to one of Shemar's playthings. She didn't need to worry about him having any other children. She needed to worry about him having grandchildren...The test wasn't Shemar's.

The realization that this test belonged to her son was enough to make her weak. Fumie moved past Shemar, sitting on the edge of the bed as he asked if she was listening to him. What? NO! Fuck him! She honestly hated she'd started this shit with him now because it meant she had to tell him what was going on with her son...What the hell was going on with her son? How had she let this happen? Yes, she had noticed that Koi had been a little...quieter lately. She hadn't gotten phone calls from the school about his behavior since the gala. The last time he'd seen the inside of a jail cell was at least 3 months ago...She just thought he was growing up. She never would have thought he was doing that because he had to. Was her baby going to be a father?

As if on cue, Fumie heard the alarm chime signaling that the front door was open. Koi was just getting in...She turned to Shemar her words hurried. "I need you to be an adult right now Shemar. I am going to tell you something important and I need you to be an adult." Koi needed adults right now. He needed their support, not their abandonment...she knew from experience.

"The test is Koi's girlfriend's...They were out there the other day and I guess...I guess this is what they were doing..."

Shemar

[*] posted on 10-4-2014 at 07:07 PM

No, of fucking COURSE she wasn't listening to him. Sometimes he wondered how he hadn't straight knocked Fumie's block all they way the hell off. Disrespectful as hell. But why was he surprised? That was the way things were lately. He'd talk, she'd ignore it, he'd break his foot off in her ass. He felt like he was Daddy-ing her more than he was her husband...and not in the good way. Not like there was a "good way" the way her ass had been looking lately. The point was, all that control he'd had on her? It didn't exist anymore. Lately, he was almost POSITIVE that she was going through "the change" or some shit because it seemed like every damn thing he said hit the invisible wall between her brain and her actions and slid off like an uncooked noodle. Just like it was doing now.

"Fumie." He spoke her name and snapped in front of her face again. Finally her expression changed, from "spaced the hell out" and into "oh yeah, you're here". Hell yeah he was here! They were just having a conversation, weren't they? Pregnancy test? Fumie overstepping her damn boundaries? He scoffed as she walked away from him and sat on the edge of the bed, two shades paler than when they started the conversation. What the hell was wrong with her? She looked like her whole damn world was crashing down. Like she just remembered that...wait. Like she just remembered that SHE was the one that took the test. But how the hell did somebody forget something like fucking and taking a pregnancy test? Nah, it wasn't her's. Not even with that muscle that was a poor excuse for a "business partner" walking around, giving her puppy eyes and shit. Not even. Fumie was too damn devoted, even when she played like she didn't give a damn. She didn't take that test. She was too smart to cheat. So whose was it?

"The fuck is wrong with you, woman? You act like you-" Shemar's question was interrupted by the sound of the door chime, which seemed to snap Fumie out of her silence. Koi was home...late as fuck. As usual. Shemar's brows furrowed as he saw panic set into the Fumie's expression. What the FUCK was going on?

"I am a motherfucking adult-" He tried to speak over his wife's crazy ass ranting. Yeah, she had to be going through the change. Koi? What did he have to do with anything. He needs support? What? Shemar sighed heavily as she kept speaking, obviously not getting the point of Fumie's speech.

The test is Koi's girlfriend's... And that was all it took. Shemar's expression fell as everything that Fumie said ran together. If blurry had a sound, that's what her words would've been. They all jumbled together, making a shit lick of sense. The only thing Shemar took in was what he needed to. Koi had gotten that little slut bitch pregnant.

"I'm gone fuckin' kill him." Shemar said simply before he stalked to the intercom that was wired through the entire house and jammed the speaker button in hard enough to jam it.

"KOI! GET'CHO STUPID ASS UP THE FUCKING STAIRS! NOW, LIL NIGGA."

Fumie

[*] posted on 10-4-2014 at 09:10 PM

Ha. Ha. Hahahaha. Shemar Kidd hadn't been an adult since he'd ruined both their lives by marrying her. To even suggest he was anything other than a spoiled, sniveling child was hilarious. She knew she was asking for far too much when she asked it, but Fumie would need Shemar's support on this. More importantly, Koi would need Shemar's support on this. If Devyn was pregnant and Koi was trying to deal with that on his own...her poor baby. Why hadn't he come to her? Had she been so bad of a mother? So distant, that he would think she'd be his father. Fumie watched Shemar's face change as he finally stopped talking about himself and started to focus on who mattered here. I'm gone fuckin' kill him.

"An ADULT, Shemar! Do not let your fucking emotions get in the way! Koi does not need you to yell at him right now!" Fumie's words fell on deaf ears as Shemar crossed the room to the intercom on the wall and demanded Koi come upstairs. Fumie shook her head. She immediately regretted telling him anything. She should have handled this shit on her own and left him completely out of it like he leaves himself out of everything else. But Koi was his son too...As much as Fumie hated the man, he was Koi's father and this was a big deal in their son's life...Hell, this was another life coming into their son's life. He needed them. A united them. Or at least a front like they were a fucking family. Koi needed to know he had a support system. That they still loved him despite his massive fuck up. Fumie knew that.

When she'd told her parents she was pregnant with Koi they'd put her out. That night. There was no talking things over or working through anything as a family. She was out. Disowned and completely on her own. It was the absolute worst feeling knowing a parent's love was conditional. Know that when you did the one thing they couldn't accept you became unacceptable too. She'd sworn to herself that night that her kids would never feel that way. That Koi specifically would never feel that way...Of course her future husband had been a man back then. He'd taken care of her and his son and did the "right thing" by them...Him staying being the right thing was questionable these days though.

Fumie heaved an aggravated sigh as she stood again opening the guest room door and stepping into the hallway just as Koi ascended the stairs. "Sweets, come down here please. Your father and I want to talk to you." She turned, her eyes screaming a warning at Shemar. "Talk. Not yell."

Koi

[*] posted on 11-4-2014 at 11:20 AM

It felt like way after midnight. Koi didn't really know, he was just estimating. Ipo was gone, the house was dark, save for the light in the guest room...which meant his father was home. Which REALLY meant that it was after midnight. Koi hadn't checked the time before he got out of Dhonny's truck, dapping his boy off before closed the door and watched him back out of the driveway. It had been a long ass night. They'd hit King Street, chilled at Lit with a couple of Dhonny's "artsy" crowd and then...headed home. As much as Dhonny wanted them to have a "dude night" to help Koi clear his head, Koi wasn't feeling it. In lieu of the circumstances, it wasn't really a surprise. Those days, Koi wasn't feeling much. He hadn't spoken to Devyn much after they'd been together in the pool house. The silence was mutual, though. Neither of them had been texting each other...or calling much. Which was probably why Koi hadn't even thought about his cellphone before he left the house. No one was checking for him...and he wasn't checking for anyone.

He reached into his pocket for his house keys, shifting through them until he came to the front door key. Home really wasn't where he wanted to be at the moment, but neither was anywhere else. He could admit that. The past week had had him holed up in his room because no where else seemed any better. His head was still a mess, full of shit that he shouldn't have been thinking about. Top of the list? Devyn. Fuck...the entire list was Devyn. Everything was okay between them now that the shit with the pregnancy test was over...but it wasn't...like it use to be. Just like he knew it wouldn't be. He and Devyn had been taking some time...but Koi wasn't really sure "time" was all they needed. They He scoffed at the word as he finally put the key into the keyhole and pushed the heavy front door open. Like they were...together or something. Honestly, he didn't want to think about what they were.

The door chimed as he stepped into the doorway, closing the door behind him. He didn't want to think. He wanted to lay his fucking head down and blank out another day of thinking about shit that had already been resolved. IF he could JUST get to his room.

KOI! He jumped from the surprise of hearing his name over the intercom this late at night. The fuck? People were obviously sleeping and no other than his fucking father was calling him over the loud speaker...and calling him a "nigga" while he was at it. Great. Name calling. Pops was pissed. About WHAT? What now?

It took everything in Koi to not scream that up the stairs as he climbed them, his mother at the top of them. They wanted to talk. His Moms and his Pops? A united front? Shit. Seriously. What the fuck had he done.

"Ma, it's kinda late though. We can't wait until-" Koi's words stopped as he saw the expression on her face.

"Okay..." He said, taking his hat off and throwing it on the bed before he took a seat.

it's gonna get difficult to stand,
but hold your balance...

Fumie

[*] posted on 12-4-2014 at 05:13 AM

No. It couldn't wait. It seemed she'd already waited too long to talk to her son about what was going on in his life. His girlfriend was pregnant. He was still trying to finish high school and he was about to be a father. She had so many questions. There were so many things she didn't know. And not just about what happened, but about the girl. Devyn...How long had they been together? Fumie hadn't caught wind of her until Valentine's day, but it was obvious then that their relationship went deeper than that. Who were her parents? What were her grades like? She hadn't taken the time to really ask him about her. Sure, she teased him when she got the chance, but never anything serious. She didn't know they were this serious. Were they? Was Devyn even the one that was pregnant?

As much as Fumie hated to admit it to herself, Koi was his father's son. They had a lot of the same tendencies, especially when it came to women. There was a chance that Devyn wasn't the only girl he was sleeping with...she wouldn't figure any of this out by asking herself all of these things though. She was going to talk to the source. Fumie watched as Koi tossed his hat off, taking a seat on the bed and looking to her expectantly. She didn't even know where to start. All she knew was that she needed to say something before Shemar got the chance.

"Baby, how are you and Devyn doing?" She knew she hated questions like that. Questions that made he and her an item. She didn't know why though. It was obvious he really cared about her. And sure, maybe she and Shemar didn't set the best example of a healthy relationship for him, but...The two of them...Koi and Devyn didn't have to be like Fumie and Shemar...Of course that was how things were turning out it seemed.

"She looked kind of stressed when she came over the other day."

Shemar

[*] posted on 12-4-2014 at 03:46 PM

One question that was always on Shemar's mind? Why the hell Fumie thought she had to come up behind him and correct him about the way he handled their children. All she did was coddle those motherfuckers, anyway! Calling Koi over the intercom at 3 am and telling his ignorant ass to come to the room after he got found out? Not an over exaggeration. Not at all. He'd gotten that little bitch pregnant! The same one that he'd been parading around the gala with. Damn, Shemar knew it. He knew it when he saw her. She looked like her ass wasn't above fucking for a future. He knew her type. Hell, sometimes he thought he even married her type. The kind that came switching that fine, underaged ass in your direction, got knocked up with your kid and made the rest of you life a living hell. Yeah, he definitely knew that type well. And now, that type had gotten a hold of his legacy. Threatened to fuck up everything Shemar had built and all Fumie could do was baby talk this lil' nigga? Nope. Not on Shemar's watch.

Shemar watched his firstborn come to the door, strutting like the fucking cock in the hen house as he walked to the bed and sat down. Shemar stood near the door, his arms crossed, his eyes staring death into his son. He couldn't do anything but look at him and shake his head. Stupid little... Shemar couldn't help but remember when he sat in the same place. His father staring him down as he sat with Fumie after they told his parents the news...that they had a kid on the way. His father had read him from A to Z, no stops in between. He'd called Shemar every "dumb ass" in the book and nearly killed him when he told his parents that he'd asked Fumie to marry him. Shemar knew why now. And even though his Daddy was gone, he knew that his father had always been right. It was better to get rid of mistake than to marry it. But Koi? No, he sat with that pompous little expression he wore when he thought he was right. And Fumie sugar coated him with questions about the slut he'd banged his fucking future into.

"Forget this babying shit." Shemar grumbled as he picked up the box that Fumie had thrown at his chest earlier and came to stand over his son.

"You do know you're fucked right?" He asked, dropping the box into his son's lap.

Fumie

[*] posted on 12-4-2014 at 04:47 PM

She knew including Shemar in this was going to be a disaster. Yes, this was not the ideal situation. Koi didn't do a great job taking care of himself, Fumie knew he wasn't ready to take care of anyone else. He wasn't ready. This wasn't what he needed in his life right now, but what would make things worse was lecturing him about his mistake. It didn't change anything. Devyn would still be pregnant and Koi would still be the father. They didn't need to go back and talk about how it happened. They needed to figure out what they were going to do next...God, what were they going to do?

It of course wasn't up to Fumie. This was the first of a line of adult decisions Koi would have to make as a father. Were they keeping the baby? Not? Was it too late for them to have that option? She didn't know. Fumie didn't know anything about what was happening to her son and she felt like a horrible mother for missing it. She wasn't stupid. Fumie knew that Koi got away with a lot because she didn't really like being in the vicinity of her husband and their home was a place where the chances of running into him were high. She hadn't meant to, but she'd somehow ended up neglecting her children in an effort to neglect her husband. Now they were here. With Shemar yelling at her son and Koi's gaze dancing between the two of them looking as confused as she was sure he felt. Babying shit? Really? Caring about how her son was feeling at such a big time in his life was babying him? No.

"Shemar!" Fumie called to him, but he was already standing over Koi, his glare throwing daggers at her baby as if he were some kind of criminal. He spoke again, asking if Koi knew he was fucked. "SHEMAR STOP!" Fumie stepped up, coming between her son and his father and pushing at Shemar's chest. She turned to Koi then her expression softening as she sat next to him, her hands taking his. "You are not 'fucked' Koi. You and Devyn have options, baby. Do you guys know what you want to do?"

Koi

[*] posted on 14-4-2014 at 04:57 PM

You do know you're fucked right? What the hell was his Pops talking- Oh. The growing anger on Koi's face disappeared as his eyes focused on the box his father had dropped into his lap. He didn't have to read the front of it to know what it was...or whose it was. The question was how the fuck did it get HERE? Koi slowly looked up from his lap, his dad's face hovering inches away from his as his mother called out to his father, called his name. Told him to stop. Koi held their eye contact as his mother separated them, pushing distance in between them. Shit. This was all he needed. If dealing with all of the shit that was running through his head about Devyn wasn't enough, his parents finding the box to the pregnancy test that she'd taken days ago would definitely be the cherry on top of the cake. They weren't TALKING because of this. He and Devyn had literally NOT seen each in days because of this fucking situation and now he had to replay it with his parents? Fuck...his life.

"How is Mom babying me? Because she's talking to me like her son instead of some random nigga off the street?" He said talking over his mother's question mostly because he couldn't answer it. What did he and Devyn want to do? Apparently continue to avoid each other! That was their only option. Because neither of them could deal. Neither of them knew how to look each other in the face and say "We were fucking stupid and we nearly made a baby. What now?" So they avoided it. If that was the option behind door number one, Koi chose that. Because coupled with the fucking confusion that all of this brought to their already unconventional situation, his brain was going to explode.

"You can kill all that, Pops..." He glared at his father who was still giving him the fucking evil eye behind his mother's back. Shemar Kidd was salty as fuck. Koi guessed he understood. A father should've been pissed if he found a pregnancy test box in his son's possession. But that was the thing. Shemar had never been a "father". He didn't give a fuck because he was off doing his own brand of twisted shit and that involved being too damn busy to care about the twisted shit your kids were getting into. Unless...it had something to do with fucking up his "legacy".

"...because the even more twisted shit why I'm getting checked for something you guys don't even know if I did! How did you even FIND this shit?"

but hold your balance...

Fumie

[*] posted on 15-4-2014 at 12:39 PM

He was ignoring her, choosing to argue with his dad instead. Fumie looked up to Shemar, his face somehow frowning deeper as Koi spoke. Fumie couldn't handle both of them at the same time. She'd never been able to. Anytime the two of them decided to go at one another, there was no stopping once they got started. And it always ended up with Shemar confirming that he didn't give a shit about his son. These spats hurt Koi more than he would admit and now was not the time for Koi to feel like his father didn't care. It was only a matter of time though. Even with Shemar behind her, Fumie could feel the heat of his glare at her back. It was a look that was probably very similar to the one Koi was giving Shemar back.

Something else Koi was giving back? Lip. Fumie sighed, her hands leaving his and going to his face. She turned him to look at her. To focus. She was not going to be ignored in this conversation. Especially because allowing that would make this shit all about Shemar. Any conversation between her husband and another person was "about Shemar" This wasn't. This was about Koi and the new life he was about to bring into this world...although he wasn't admitting to doing so. Ugh. He needed to be honest. There was no time for this cute "wasn't me" game--especially seeing as Fumie and Shemar had already played it.

"Koi, how we found it isn't important. What is important is what we're doing next. Answer my question-," How were the two of them doing? Again Fumie found herself second guessing whether or not the girl Koi'd knocked up was Devyn. Why was he avoiding? Maybe he and Devyn weren't talking because they no longer had anything to talk about. Sure, she'd been over here a few days ago, but who knew what the two of them talked about in that pool house. Maybe Devyn looked as tense as she had because she'd heard rumors and the rumors were true...Why hadn't she paid closer attention to the two of them? How had she not caught this? Fumie didn't allow herself to dwell on this. Like she'd told her son, the past wasn't important. Koi's future was.

"Do you know what you're doing next?"

Shemar

[*] posted on 15-4-2014 at 01:53 PM

If Shemar had known that his only son would've been such a stupid fuck, he would've taken Fumie straight to Planned Parenthood the second she told him she was pregnant with Koi. It would've saved Shemar a hell of a lot of trouble. Hindsight was 20/20 though. Shit would've been more convenient if it made you clairvoyant. Because none of this would've been happening if it hadn't started with HIM. Shemar wouldn't have been standing, playing stare games with his eighteen year old son who conveniently knocked some fast ass up during his senior year...during the recruiting season...if he hadn't been so damn hooked on Fumie. If he hadn't have "HAD to have her". If he had listened to his Daddy when he told Shemar that "marrying that girl would bring him a world of unhappiness and trouble". Because it had. Sure, the first couple of years had been...cute, to say the least. He hadn't needed to go out the house for shit he was getting inside of it. But the "love" thing got tiring and his eyes started to wander. Now he was here, under pressure to be "daddy of the year" with a son who hated him and a wifey that hadn't lived up to her name in years. Hindsight...was a bitch.

"Avert your fucking eyes." Shemar growled at Koi as they stared each other down, Fumie coming in between them to try and keep the peace like she always did. There was no fucking peace to keep! If she'd let him handle his son the way he WANTED to handle his son, she wouldn't have needed to get in the middle of things. But that was her! Always trying to correct shit like she was the Daddy. Always trying to make shit better like that was her place. And that was why Koi was a bitch made little shit. He never took his mother's TITTY out of his mouth long enough to become a man. WHICH was why he couldn't confess the shit he'd done now.

"I'm treating you like a random nigga because you're acting like some random nigga, boy." Fumie's words were going unheard as she tried to quell the peace and talk about the next moves with Koi. What was he going to do next. Shemar could answer that question because even though people in that house believed he wasn't around long enough to know anything about his kids, he knew this...Koi would bitch and moan and whine until Mommy took care of it or Daddy paid everyone off. The same thing that Koi had been doing since day fucking one. He was spoiled. AS FUCK. He didn't care about anything and it showed. He had all the damn opportunity in the world to keep the Kidd Legacy going and all he did was shit on it and coke up. His son was a fucking waste. And now, here was another chance for him to show just how much of a waste he was.

"You ain't acting like a Kidd. You ain't using your brain." He growled, his voice still talking over Fumie's question.

"You're a young ass boy trying to make grown man decisions. Shit. At least I was a ROOKIE before I dicked around and fucked up. You ain't even MADE the NBA, lil' man. You fuckin' up this legacy, that's what you doin'."

Fumie

[*] posted on 17-4-2014 at 09:26 AM

How did they always get started so fast?! Fumie didn't understand how it was possible for a father and son to hate one another so much, but no matter how a discussion stated, Koi and Shemar Kidd would make sure it ended in a fight. GOTDAMN IT! They weren't supposed to be fighting. They were supposed to be figuring out what the fuck was going on with their son! Did Shemar not understand how this had the potential to change everything for Koi? "Legacy" be damned, the boy had a future outside of basketball! There were so many things her baby hadn't done and wouldn't be able to do with a family so early. Why was Shemar acting like he hadn't been in exactly the same position before? Why was he acting like his father.That's exactly what it was. Shemar Kidd had turned into his miserable fucking father and if that were true she wasn't letting this shit go too much further.

Fumie remembered being called every "bitch, ho, and gold digger" when Shemar told his father they were pregnant. And when he mentioned marriage? Ugh. Oh God! Was Koi thinking about marrying this girl was he? He wouldn't...right? Koi hadn't properly committed to even calling Devyn his girlfriend. Fumie didn't need to worry about him making that mistake did she? He wasn't completely doomed to follow in his parents footsteps...although he was stepping in the right direction for it. These were the kinds of questions she would have been asking him if his father wasn't going off on some irrelevant rant about what he did when he wasn't months away from becoming a grandfather and telling his son once again exactly how little he thought of him.

"E-fuckng-nough, Shemar-," It slipped. Fumie hadn't meant to say what she had as harshly as she had, but it slipped out. As things usually did when her husband got her pissed enough. Standing once again she faced him. "It's not about you right now and it definitely doesn't have SHIT to do with Koi going pro." She turned back to Koi sensing his quickly approaching rebuttal to all of his father's bullshit. "You shut up too, Koi. We're not doing this back and forth shit tonight!" She was honestly finished with the two of them! Their bickering was giving her a headache on top of the one she'd had since she got home. She wasn't having any more of this shit.

"Now Koi I've asked you a more than once and the next thing out of your mouth better be an answer to me! What the hell is going on with you?!"

Koi

[*] posted on 23-4-2014 at 03:47 PM

This was some bullshit and it was coming from all sides. And to Koi’s disappointment, it wasn't showing any sign of stopping. There was his mother, demanding information from a situation that Koi never intended for his parents to even get wind of, that goddamn pregnancy test box causing more trouble than it was actually worth. And his father couldn’t help himself when faced with the opportunity to remind Koi of exactly how much of a failure he was...which didn’t mean shit to Koi as he heard it all the damn time. It was just crazy to him how his father took every chance to talk about all of his failures. You’re fucking up the legacy, Koi. You ain’t acting like Shemar Kidd’s son. Oh he wasn’t? That was news to Koi. Because the fuck up he was? Nearly impregnating his best friend? Causing so much trouble that the cops at the precinct knew him by name, a fact that had absolutely nothing to do with his “famous” father? That sounded pretty “Shemar Kidd” to him. Yeah, he was turning out to be just like his fucking father’s legacy...whether he wanted it or not. And then...there was Devyn. The side that had been the most silent. That side, whether he would admit it or not, was the side that he kind of wanted to hear from. But the time apart was...good for them. It helped them straighten up shit that had gotten too jumbled and confusing. That was what it was supposed to do, anyway. The silence hadn’t really done much “relaxing” on Koi’s part. He hadn’t done anything but thought about what had happened between them...what two friends shouldn’t have ever experienced together. And they had. This was going to change everything... That was the frequent thought he couldn’t stop having. And now...he was fucking sure of it.

“What the fu-” Koi readied his rebuttal to his father’s stupid comments about what the pregnancy test meant. He was over his father and his hypocritical ass...and he would’ve told him so if his mother hadn’t broken between their conversation again. Except this time, she demanded silence. His father’s eyes narrowed as they shifted, his view settling on Fumie instead. He scowled as she continued to talk, his eyes never shifting away from where she stood. But that was all he did. Shemar was a motherfucker. One of the worst. He treated Koi’s mother like the shit on the bottom of his shoe and was beyond unapologetic for it. But one thing he wouldn’t do? Treat Fumie the way he treated her behind closed doors in front of his kids. Koi could see it in his eyes. He wanted to lay hands on her, but he would save it for later. Let her have her moment so he didn’t have to deal with Koi by himself.

“Nothing...is going on.” Koi answered between gritted teeth. His mother wanted an answer. That was the answer. Nothing WAS going on. None of what they thought was accurate. A fucking pregnancy test box? They were basing all of what they thought on a pregnancy test box? Bull. Shit.

“I’m fine. Devyn’s fine. We’re all fine.” His comment was snappy as hell. He knew it. But this was some shit that he didn’t want to talk about. He didn’t want to discuss it with Devyn (the main reason why they weren’t talking now) and he didn’t want to have that conversation with his parents. Especially when there was nothing to talk about. He was over it.

but hold your balance...

Fumie

[*] posted on 25-4-2014 at 10:44 AM

Fumie shook her head, a look of disgust clear on her face. Nothing? "Nothing" was his answer to her. She loved her son, she did, but the boy was forever trying to make life harder on himself and everyone in his immediate vicinity. Fumie was offering her help; her support in a situation that she knew would be hard on him and the girl he'd gotten pregnant. And here Koi was, shitting on it. Nothing...is going on. His answer was on repeat in her mind, attitude dripping off each word that escaped his disrespectful mouth...Fumie couldn't remember a time she had ever been so pissed off with Koi. She was in rare form tonight and he would know he had put her there. Fumie heard herself chuckle a little as she tried to keep herself from snapping. Koi had taken his eyes from his father and focused them on her, the challenge in them only slightly diminished. Ha. He must've thought he was still dealing with Shemar.

"Koi Taijo Kidd-," she said his name through gritted teeth, her temper threatening to get the better of her, "I have been very patient with you. I am trying to be understanding and supportive because I know how scary your situation is-" Fumie paused, bending down so that she could come face to face with her son. She wanted to make sure her point got across because apparently when she spoke, all any of the men in her life heard was white noise. "But, son...if you don't give me more than "nothing" or if I get one more "fine"...I'm going to put my foot so far up your ass, it'll be a three-legged race to the hospital." She said her words slowly, careful not to let that very urge overtake her. She'd never hit her children, nor did she want to, but her patience was wearing extremely thin.

"Nod like you understand me, Koi." Fumie watched as he gave a slow nod of understanding. His gaze had gone from challenging to wary. It should have. "Good. Now-," Fumie gave a small smile, "Your father and I are here to support whatever decision you want to make, baby. Just talk to us."

Shemar

[*] posted on 26-4-2014 at 04:11 AM

He and Fumie chuckled at the same time, Koi's answer bringing a sour kind of amusement to the situation, but Shemar was sure of it. They were laughing for completely different reasons. Koi was a funny little nigga. Shemar figured that out as he and his wife stood in that room, glaring at their only son in disbelief. Everything was fine? Really? The idea of watching his money go into some little slut's pocket wasn't his idea of "fine" in any situation. Especially not this one as Koi's money wasn't the source of concern. The little shit didn't have any to his name yet. That was SHEMAR'S money. The bank account that it was stored in had the Kidd name, but Shemar's was the first and main name on the account. HIS money was going into some little girl's pocket that couldn't help but open her legs to a promising future, provided by none other than the Shemar Kidd's "Stupid Ass for a Son" fund. And Koi had the nerve to say that nothing was the matter with this situation? Fucking unbelievable.

The stale smirk that Shemar wore faded quickly as he prepared to let Koi know EXACTLY every thought that was running through his mind about his first born. Did cussing his son out make any difference to the crazy ass predicaments Koi found himself in on the damn regular? Nope. Never did. Koi still screwed up, drugged up and FUCKED UP. Like a damn pro. Like he wrote the damn instruction manual on that shit. But Shemar didn't give a fuck. Laying into his son was going to make every thing about this situation better. Hell, maybe today would be the day when he'd get off his ass and finally enroll Koi into that boarding school he'd found in Canada. That way, he'd be free of situations like this and one child closer to being free of these hand opened, greedy ass little fuckers he called...

Koi Taijo Kidd... Shemar's head jerked back to Fumie as her voice became the kind of calm that he hadn't heard in years. The dangerous kind of calm that her father used when he meant business. That "Japanese mindfuck" calm. Her old man had tried to use it on him when Shemar had come to him and asked him for Fumie's hand in marriage...after they found out that she was pregnant with Koi. The man had gotten the kind of quiet that you hear before a tornado hits. So quiet that Shemar could hear his own heart beat quicken. And told him "No" and to "never darken his front door again." And Shemar hadn't. He took Fumie and married her anyway. Fuck that old Japanese fuck. He had to admit, hearing it come from Fumie brought back memories he didn't want to revisit...but it caught Koi's attention, his eyes going wide as he leaned back in his seat, his gaze stuck to hers.

"Oh shit." Shemar chuckled again. "You fucked now, little nigga." But his comment went unheard, the conversation going on between Fumie and Koi muting it. He crossed his arms across his chest, a greasy smile spreading across his lips as Koi got his ass handed to him. All that damn disrespect...

"YOU'RE here to support him." Shemar interjected as she went back to coddling her "baby boy". "I'm here to let him know that he ain't using MY money to care for his little bastard. YOU can be all the support you want to be. Fuck that."

Fumie

[*] posted on 3-5-2014 at 05:55 PM

Fumie was done. With her son. With his lies and secrets in a time that needed nothing short of straight up honesty.With trying to get him to talk to her and still maintain her cool. Fuck cool. She should have been furious. Hell, she was furious, but she knew her baby didn't need "furious" he needed her support. Something he sure as hell wasn't going to get from his father. Ugh. She was done with him too.Especially since she was still talking and he felt it necessary to co-sign. She did not need his fucking help with this. In fact, she was not sure why he was still here. Didn't he have something or someone else to do?

Fumie rolled her eyes as Shemar again informed them that he was not at all here to support him. He was here to make sure his ridiculous legacy didn't get ruined and he didn't end up spending a fortune on Koi's lovechild. As if the money was what mattered right now. "Yes, thank you Shemar. You can actually go ahead and go now. We all know this is a little bit much for you." Her tone was dry and sarcastic and she did not even bother to turn to him. Her attention was on her son who still hadn't answered her. "Koi, my patience is running mighty thin-," she warned him again.

Why was this like pulling teeth? The secret was out. The deed was done. They needed to be making serious fucking decisions about the rest of his life and here Koi was holding his dick in his hand and acting as if he didn't know what was going on. Fumie was done. He needed to start talking because if she had to ask him again she knew she would be doing it between slaps. She was trying to help him, but it was time for the boy to help himself.

God, she was tired.

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top