FAMILY MEMBERS
Divyesh Ross (father)
Eve Ross (mother)

EDUCATION
Junior at King's Prep (Bonnaire)

RELIGION
Hindu

TATTOOS/PIERCINGS/SCARS
Piercings - Ears (although my piercings don't match most of the time) and a diamond stud in my nose.
Tattoos - The Guyanese Coat of Arms on my right shoulder blade and my mother's name over my heart.
Scars - No serious ones. Rock climbing with Eve and Div when I was 10 got me a pretty gnarly ass one on my thigh, though. You can barely see it now.

CAR
Black Toyota FJ Cruiser

CLOTHING STYLE
I'm not the "dresser" in the crowd. Koi's crowned prince of that shit. I'm pretty laid back. Give me some chambray, a v- neck, comfortable jeans and oxfords and I'm good. I wear an assload of bracelets...on the regular.

PERSONALITY
Words aren't really my thing, but I use them. It'd be kind of off-putting to not. I can be abrasive sometimes, but only with people who don't get me. Opinionated. I like laughing. Seriously. I like to laugh. Kind of hard to believe because you'll rarely see me smile...unless I'm dancing. Or acting a fool on the dance floor. Some might say I'm extra, but that's the artist in me. I don't like judgment. No H8, there's no point to it. I live off the cuff, so structure and I don't really...get along.

INTERESTS
Painting, the Arts, 90's hip hop, So You Think You Can Dance, Carlos Acosta, Traveling, Carpe Diem, liberation

RANDOM FACT(S)
I've lived in twelve countries because my 'rents don't know how to sit still. It's cool, because neither do I.
Got into school a year late because Div and Eve forgot to register me...gotta love the parentals.
I'm a born painter (like my mother), but I choose to dance.
I'm nicknamed after Donny Hathaway, who my dad says I was conceived to. I believe him...

PET PEEVES
People who put on airs, the lack of heart, looking at things in "white & black", confinement

biography

O.U.A.T, a beautiful, talented, renowned painter from Barbados met a "down on his luck", Guyanese photographer in a cafe in Paris. Their eyes met, their souls bonded and nine months later, I took my first breath. The cats that created me say that I'm what happens when still and painted art gets together. Their union made "dance", I guess. And I've been dancing for awhile...since my mother's womb, how she tells it. I wouldn't lay still for nothin'. And I haven't stopped moving yet.

Neither of my 'rents knew what to do with a dancer, so I studied on my own. Every place that my wandering family roamed, I picked up a piece of the art that I knew barely anything about. Krump and clown in LA. Breakin' in NY. Lyrical in London. Soca in Trinidad. And finally, in the Champ de Mars, a choreographer spotted me dancing and couldn't believe the lines he saw on the eleven year old with no training. The talk he had with Eve and Div set me on the course that I'm taking today. Dance. It's always been with me, in my heart...coursing like blood through every limb. And it's the only reason I and fam have put down roots for the past four years.

PLAYED BY - Ally

your body's like art i ain't even thought up yet...
Ally
Super Administrator

Mood: post in da back...

[*] posted on 4-2-2012 at 11:19 AM

Approved! Welcome to Kaphuai Reef!

Go To Top