Go To Bottom

Not logged in [Login ]
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Climbing Trail
Kaili

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 21-10-2011 at 06:46 PM

Complicated...sure. Complicated was a good word for it. There were things Jude couldn’t and wouldn’t know about some of the things that Kaili had just said to Jude and trying to explain them here wouldn’t do them any justice anyway. Not to mention, her desire to explain anything was non-existent at the moment. She was more interested in what Jude thought of what they had done before the fight with Nui had begun. Were the two of them...together now? Kaili had never been in a real relationship with anyone. Sure, she had guy friends that she kind of hung out with, but never like Jude. She had never been alone with a boy, certainly not at night, and certainly not with...an outsider. As much as she hated it, that was what Jude was. He wasn’t from home; he hadn’t grown up here and that made things...complicated. More complicated than he could wrap his head around. Sometimes more complicated than even she knew. She still didn’t understand her father’s interest in Jude, but she continued to let the part of her that wanted to be with Jude overpower the part of her that wanted to know why that was okay. The Shore was known for its...tolerance for outsiders, but Alemana had always held a special distaste for them. Kaili had never known why and she had never bothered to ask, but now the question came to her again and again, more often than not.

Again Jude told her that her apology was unnecessary. But she felt like it was. She was sorry about Nui, sorry for him being harassed every time he came here, sorry everything was so...complicated. She moved to tell him that. That even though it wasn’t ‘her fault’...she was responsible. But he spoke first his words careful as he came to stand in front of her. The wrong idea? What could that mean? The wrong idea about what? His hand fell away from hers as she looked to him, her confusion apparent. Is it okay for you to...be with me? She felt her heart flutter in her chest at the thought of what he might mean by that. Was he asking if they were...exclusive? No. He just meant here. Was it okay for her to be with him here.

“Jude, don’t listen to Nui-,” she sighed looking away from him ad her arms crossed over her chest, a new awkwardness falling over their conversation. “He’s...an asshole.” That wasn’t what she was going to say. She wanted to tell Jude Nui was wrong, but...he wasn’t. She and Jude weren’t supposed to be here together. She and Jude weren’t supposed to breathe the same air for more than five minutes at a time. He was an outsider, a stranger, a haloe...and she was the daughter of a tribal elder. Nothing about this was right, but...she wanted it to be. She liked Jude; she liked him a lot and even if they didn’t get into a serious relationship, she at least wanted his friendship. He wasn’t like other outsiders; he was different. The kind of different Kaili wanted to know better and Nui wasn’t going to stop that...And neither would her father. Why was Jude mentioning her father? If anyone should make him nervous, she would think it would be Keahi...but he was worried about what would piss off her father? No. No, no, no. Jude was different and he didn’t know anything about anything. He wasn’t like the guys in her tribe looking for a way to use her as an in. He didn’t know to use her as one...did he?

“Of course I would but...I don’t...understand. What exactly are you asking me to do, Jude? And what does my dad have to do with anything? Is this because of what I said to Nui? Because I only brought my dad up to him because I knew he wouldn’t try to test a run in with him-,” her words were coming fast and she was sure he didn’t understand anything she was asking, but that only made them even. What did her father have to do with the two of them?

I'll let you put your hands on me in my skin-tight jeans;
be your teenage dream tonight.
Jude

[*] posted on 22-10-2011 at 08:12 AM

From the moment before Nui snuck up on them, emerging from the brush of the trails, to the moment that existed now, standing in front of Kaili with so much confusion in his face that he was sure she saw it too, Jude was lost. Lost as to what to think about anything that had just transpired between them. And lost, so much more lost than anything. Jude couldn't help but think that if it wasn't for Nui's arrival, would he have even thought some of the things that were running through his head. Thoughts about rules and laws of the land...and thoughts about what would happen had he broken them. What would he have been thinking if things had been different? Maybe the kiss. Maybe he would've been thinking about what was going to happen next with...them. Not what would happen to him...once Nui told Keahi...and much worse, her father. The word "them" was a laugh, really. Because inside, Jude knew that everything that Nui had said about the retaliations from him being an outsider and being with Kaili they way he had been were true. Uncomfortably true. There was no room to think of the things that could be with he and Kaili when he didn't even know if he'd live to find out if they actually could've been. Whether the kiss they'd shared would've gone beyond "awkward" and into...god knew what. Jude had never...done that before. He'd never done anything that even mimicked a...relationship. And, fuck his life, when he did...it was now...when there was a possibility that he just signed his own death certificate. He had a death wish. Obviously. Of all the girls that he could've...felt something for, liked...it had to be the most complicated one of all.

"I..." With a soft sigh and a less audible curse word leaving his lips, Jude put his hands on the top of his head, his fingers joining there, eyes closing at Kaili's question...more like stream of questions. Everything was so completely jumbled inside of his head, from the kiss to Nui, to the look on her father's face when he found out that Jude and Kaili had been alone on the trails. And was it too much to think that her father probably had a machete just as sharp and just as long as Nui's waiting for him? Dammit. He couldn't help but feel completely...guilty. Was that a feeling he was supposed to have after kissing someone? But he felt it, heavy in his chest, pressing down on it as he opened his eyes and looked at Kaili, standing there...and probably thinking he was completely crazy. It was just...that...he felt a sense of responsibility. Like Kaili's dad almost...trusted him. Even as an outsider. Even as someone who was so foreign that he shouldn't have even been two feet NEAR Kaili. Her dad must have trusted him. Trusted him to keep his fucking hands off of her and to just...listen and learn from her. But now, he'd get the message that Jude was doing just the opposite of what he probably expected. And there went the trust...and for some reason...it meant so much. So very much...

"I just...I don't know top from bottom here..." He confessed, dropping his arms and stuffing his hands in his pockets, once again. "I'm an outsider. And as much as this should be home to me...as much as I want it to be. I'm the one foreign thing here..." Trying to explain how he felt was almost like trying to speak the native tongue that he would probably never understand. He could barely understand his own feelings and here he was, trying to group them all together and just...lunging them at Kaili.

"I just don't want to do anything the wrong way. Coming here means too much to me..." Walking towards Kaili again, standing close to her, he looked down at her and hoped that she could see into him, see the feelings that his clumsy words wouldn't express. "Being able to see...you...it-that means too much to me."

Man has a choice and it's a choice that makes him a man...
Kaili

[*] posted on 31-10-2011 at 05:30 PM

This was not how things were supposed to be now. They’d kissed. Nothing about the politics of who she was or the rest of the tribe was supposed to matter! They should have been talking about them not anyone outside of them. Nui didn’t matter, her brother didn’t matter, her father...could probably be swayed...She and Jude could be together and she was all for that idea now that she knew for a fact that he was too. She wanted this! She could only imagine what being Jude Kane’s girlfriend would be like, but now she had the potential to find out. She had a chance to find out what having a boyfriend would be like, period...If only she could get him to focus on them, not...everything else! Ugh!

But she had to deal with this, now. Her brow furrowed a bit more as he sighed and she found herself wishing she could read his thoughts rather than just his emotions. The frustration and confusion and worry was written all over his face, but his lips would not utter specifics. What exactly was bothering him? He didn’t have to worry about her father. He had no reason to even bring him into this; even if he didn’t approve Alemana would never have to know, just like he knew nothing of the rival gym from last summer or Ailani’s Sweet 16...but those things were neither here nor there. The point was her father knew nothing about those incidents and there was no reason he had to know about the boy who could be her boyfriend.

I just don’t know top from bottom here...That was true enough. She hadn’t taken the time to explain much of anything to Jude and it wasn’t because she didn’t want to, it was because she couldn’t. There were so many reasons that ‘knowing top from bottom’ was off limits to him and they were the same reasons that the two of them was such a laughable idea to the rest of her tribe. There were things Jude would never know about her, no matter how much he gave of himself; things she was bound by her tribe to keep from him. They could never have a completely honest relationship and everyone else was willing to accept that...everyone but her.

Her features softened as his words continued and before he finished, her lips had settled into a small smile. Being able to see you means too much to me. She bit her bottom lip, looking away from his face for just a moment as she felt her face redden again. “I guarantee you-,” she began, pausing as her hand reached to cup his face, “You are doing everything the right way.” And he was. Perhaps she was selfish, but her bother and father’s happiness meant nothing to her at that very point in time. All that mattered was her happiness...and Jude made her happy.

I'll let you put your hands on me in my skin-tight jeans;
be your teenage dream tonight.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top