Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Cafeteria
Kiki
Super Administrator

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 11-9-2011 at 05:53 PM
Cafeteria

Both nutritious and delicious options for breakfast, lunch, dinner.

Koi

[*] posted on 11-11-2011 at 09:11 PM

Koi could feel his fucking teeth. No, really. He could feel them. In his mouth. In his gums, just sitting there, like they didn't belong. Like they were the foreign thing in his body. Not the drug that still pulsed through his veins. The "number 23" that coursed through his body, muddling his head, prickling his skin and sending tiny shocks along the length of his fingers. He was coming down, but he could still feel it there, inside of him. And it made him...annoyed. Why couldn't the come down be as good as the "roll"? And this was why sobriety wasn't an option for him. Because the return trip was the shits and reality would hit harder than the trip back did. Sighing as he rubbed his forehead with his palm, he sat back in his seat, his pelvis pushing him farther down into the hard wooden chair as he knocked the carton of milk from his tray with the fingertips of his free hand. Maybe lunch in the busy cafeteria wasn't a good idea that day. Maybe he should've taken it to the plaza, dropped another vowel and spent the rest of the day in the bathroom...getting his palms hairy. Hey, he wasn't above it. Self love was the best love in his book and it was a hell of a lot better than sitting in that fucking noisy ass cafeteria, waiting on his jerk friends to show up.

Cringing, he leaned forward and picked at the top of his milk carton, pulling it with clumsy hands just so he could busy himself. The busier he was, the less he felt his head splitting in two. The less the noise, amplified by his withdrawal, made him cringe from the dull pulsing in his temples. And the less he thought about his teeth. Squeaking and totally palpable in existence. He wasn't supposed to feel his fucking teeth. And he certainly wasn't supposed to want to pull the fuckers out. Groaning softly, he brought the milk carton to his lips, taking a short sip before the carton went back on the table, a little too roughly. Milk was a bad idea too. A little too cold and a little too...liquid. Too white. Too much. Ugh. Being two seconds away from leaving the table that he shared with his friends everyday at lunchtime was an understatement. Waiting for them was overrated, especially when Koi could feel himself losing it as the seconds ticked by.

it's gonna get difficult to stand,
but hold your balance...

Devyn

Mood: Stressed

[*] posted on 11-11-2011 at 09:31 PM

Looking at the face of her phone again, she resisted the urge to throw it across the cafeteria. Her aunt had told her keeping in touch with old friends wasn't a good idea but, she had a boyfriend when she left. She had to tell him something...She wouldn't have though if she'd have known he was going to be a little bitch about it. They had been texting since the day began, her telling him it was over, him asking why, her telling him she'd moved...yadda, yadda, yadda. This shit was not supposed to take this fucking long. It wasn't like they were fucking engaged to be married or anything. They were barely boyfriend and girlfriend...more like friends (kind of) that fucked (sometimes)...He wasn't even that good really, he had just been nice to look at. Had been. It was over now, and his begging had gone from amusing to annoying. Sure, maybe she was a bitch for texting it to him, but you could trace a call on a cellphone right? Not a prepaid. She knew you couldn't, just like these text messages were coming from a phone she would pitch into the Pacific once she was finished with this kid. Which would be in the next few minutes.

The phone took a back seat as she finally looked up, scanning the cafeteria for a place to sit. Fuck. She hated being the fucking new kid. She'd been here for almost a week and everything she did seemed to bother these prissy asshats. She had sat at the wrong table for lunch everyday since the first and today she would try to avoid issues at all costs. She just wanted to get through this day like she had the others. Anonymous...and FUCKING BORED. She had loved school in Atlanta. 3rd period rap battles, ditching for a quick get high, friends...She used to have all that. Now she had had no idea where to even find a J, let alone someone to smoke it with. How was she supposed to nix the stress this fucking Academy caused?

She sighed, her eyes finding a table that was relatively empty. There was one kid with his head in his hand. He looked like he didn't want to talk and that was exactly what Devyn was looking for. She made her way across the cafeteria and nodded as the kid looked up at her before taking the seat about two chairs down from him. They didn't have to speak and she would eat and leave. No big.

I'm taking my time.
I'm doing it right.
Self-Love. Self-Care. Selfish.
Koi

[*] posted on 11-11-2011 at 10:02 PM

The sudden movement near him, a chair being pulled out from underneath the table, the legs scraping against the overly polished wooden floor, made him look up, his eyes narrowed at the source of the sound. Random girl. Fantastic. Blinking as he focused in on her, she nodded in his general direction and sat down with her tray of whatever the fuck she was eating. Who the fuck was this? New girl. Obviously. If Koi had cared a little (and he didn't, which had nothing to do with the shit in his veins), he would've told her the rules of engagement. New school, cliques out the ass, tables with ownership almost etched in the old ass wood...yeah, there was etiquette and apparently sweet ass had no idea. Hmmmm, there was almost a smidgen of pity. Maybe if she'd spoken when she sat at HIS table, he would've actually showed a bit of leniency. But she hadn't and he was too jacked up to even try with the nicities, informing "new girl" of the rules of the kingdom, so he decided he'd do the next best thing...school her ass. Harsh? Yeah, perhaps. Maybe a little. But nice wasn't in the group of words that described Koi. Total jack ass? Yeah, that was more like it. Really doesn't give a fuck? Even better. And no matter how fresh she was, that didn't change shit. Putting down his milk, Koi's head cocked to the side as he just...stared at the girl. He was positive she could feel his eyes on her and he didn't give a fuck.

"I'm guessing..." Koi spoke quickly, breaking the silence that had drifted right along with the girl to his table. "...where you're from, speaking when you sit at someone's table is...extraordinary...right?" Shit. And talking was not something that he should've tried so damn early in his body's withdrawal. His own fucking voice reverberated inside of his skull making the shit feel like he was shouting inside of a goddamn church bell. He scowled and rolled his eyes at it as he ran his hand over his cropped hair.

"You wanna try that shit again? By all means, be my guest."

but hold your balance...

Devyn

[*] posted on 11-11-2011 at 10:22 PM

She could feel his eyes burning into the side of her skull and she knew she had again chosen a table that she was not supposed to be at. Honestly, she just wanted to eat her lunch and go on about her life. She wasn't going to breathe this kid's air for more than a few minutes, so if he didn't have the balls to say anything to her she wasn't going to dismiss herself. So she let him stare, her fork picking through the salad on the table in front of her as she picked of her phone again, dividing her attention.

So whu u wit nu, if nt me??

Fuck he disrespected grammar more than Wayne did women. Was it really so hard for this motherfucker to spell out a whole word?...Correctly? She couldn--what? Devyn stopped herself mid-message as the boy beside her began to speak, his words breaking the silence between them. Ugh. Attitude. Everybody here had one she guessed but, she really wasn't having it today. She sighed, her eyes rolling before she cut her eyes at the annoyance that wasn't thousand of miles away. Hmm...he was...acceptable. Cute enough in the face, kinda skinny but, built okay...his glasses shouted hipster cunt though. And so did his attitude.

"Enlighten me-," she challenged, "Who am I killing by sitting here for ten fucking minutes while I eat a fucking salad and send a fucking text?" She waved her phone a little to emphasize her point and waited for a response. The charge had to be fucking murder if it was serious enough to make her move.

I'm taking my time.
I'm doing it right.
Koi

[*] posted on 11-11-2011 at 11:08 PM

Nah, not attitude. The word "irritation" was more like it. Koi was irritated. Irritated by the fucking repetitiveness of his day that just wouldn't end. He was stuck in a fucking Bill Murray movie and that goddamned clock that teased the shit out of him wouldn't move fast enough. Irritated by the missing friends that should've been taking up the space that this newb-ass intruder was invading. Their asses. Fucking pointless until he was sporting the world's worse damn come-down in the history of come-downs. Was it hella selfish that he only wanted their company so that he could bum...something...anything off of them to make his head stop pounding the way it was? No, he got nothing but some insignificant...fresh ass at his table who didn't look like she picked up anything but a damn pencil to do her pussy ass homework and a fork to stuff that dinky ass salad in her mouth. Her presence was a fucking tease, couldn't even make herself useful. Damn. Yeah, he was grouchy as fuck.

"Enlighten you?" She had some bite to her, huh? He nodded and smirked at her as she came back at him, asking him what was so wrong with her presence at his table. His smirk wouldn't leave his lips as he leaned back in the chair, his eyes still on her. "Fine. Number one, shit is reserved in here. Seat's motherfucking taken. Number two, if your ass was gonna sit down, the least you could've done was acknowledge a motherfucker's presence. Not that hard...right?"

With a shrug, he watched her for a reaction. Actually, he just kind of watched her. Where the hell had his one come from, just appearing out of thin air it seemed. Not that Koi kept up with new arrivals as he could barely keep up with his damn self, but atleast he noticed most of the new ones at KPA. After seeing familiar faces for so long, the unfamiliar ones kind of stuck out.

"Hi. H-I. Nice to meet you. Easy right? Now get the fuck up."

but hold your balance...

Devyn

[*] posted on 12-11-2011 at 09:36 AM

If he was irritated, she was agitated, his words doing nothing but souring an already downed mood and making her wish more and more for something to drink stronger than the unopened milk that sat in front of her. She continued giving him the side eye as she told him off, asking why exactly she couldn't sit in that seat. Had his fucking grandmother died in this spot? That was the only way she was moving, especially as he smirked at her, his response coming quicker than the last one had as he broke it down to her, numbering the points that she shouldn't miss. First, she was in someone else's seat. Second, she had not "acknowledged his presence". Fuck his presence.

"Number one, I didn't know I had to fucking call ahead to get a table at lunch. Consider this my protest to your little reservation; I'm "occupying this seat". Number two, you were acknowledged, you were just too busy trying to pull your head out of your ass to notice. Try harder." She looked away from him then, considering the conversation dead, as she was not moving until her fucking lunch was done. She didn't even want the salad but she was going to sit there and eat it slow as fuck to prove a point to this dickbag. But he spoke again, interrupting her meal and prolonging her visit. If he'd just shut the fuck up, they would both get what they wanted...Get the fuck up?

She turned to face him full on again, laughing as she determined that he was serious. Wow. "Fuck you. I'm not getting the fuck up. If I fucking bother you so damn much, move me-," she watched as he stared at her for a moment. He didn't move so she finished. "Good then. Now shut your hipster ass mouth, before I fuck it." With that she looked away again, rolling her eyes as she prepared to completely ignore the fucking pansy jackass that was crying over a damn lunch seat.

I'm taking my time.
I'm doing it right.
Koi

[*] posted on 12-11-2011 at 08:04 PM

And that shit made him laugh. Even in the middle of a pounding headache and what would look like him getting his ass handed to him by this smart ass newb, Koi literally cracked a smile and chuckled. This bitch definitely had a mouth on her. It wasn't an assumption anymore. Occupying this seat? Ha. Funny shit. She was a chuckle and a half, wasn't she? Licking his lips to cover up the smile that escaped him from her comeback, he slowly turned his body away from the table and towards her, his body taking the stance of some concerned psychiatrist listening to the psycho ass ramblings of his patient. Rubbing his chin, his eyes focused on the girl like someone who gave a fuck, Koi nodded as she spilled off to him her own version of enlightenment, the look of sarcastic concern covering his features. Right. Her sniping was hilarious. And the fact that she thought she was coming at him hard made it even more funny. Yeah, she didn't know who she was fucking with. The fact that he hadn't tuned her ass out yet was actually admirable, all things considered. She was irritating him, her voice scraping against the last nerves he had...the ones that were awake enough to feel everything as all the rest were dulled, shooting "pain" to his brain when they sparked back to life.

And his request for her to get the fuck up and remove herself? Laughed at. Not that he expected her to take him seriously. She was new, she didn't get it. And she didn't know him. Other kids at KPA? No, they didn't question Koi. When he said something, chances were he would follow through. And the challenge to him to remove her? Only the fact that he was on "strike two" that day and because of his crumbling, quickly ending high, detention wasn't an option that afternoon saved him from doing exactly what she dared him to do. He words stoked at that desire even more. She talked a lot of shit and Koi couldn't help but wonder if she was brave enough to follow through...like he was.

With a smile, Koi pushed away from the table and grabbed the napkin on his tray, rubbing his hands clean of the lunch that he'd barely touched. His eyes stared at her as he threw the napkin into his tray. "You know what? You're right. I shouldn't have come at you like that. You know what? I'll leave..."

With that, he got up, holding his tray as he made to walk past her. Passing behind her, he reached over her and flipped the plastic tray in front of her with that fucking salad right onto her lap.

"You enjoy your lunch, 'aight?"

but hold your balance...

Devyn

[*] posted on 12-11-2011 at 08:58 PM

Devyn sat in the seat she was fighting for, her temper threatening to bubble over as as the kid kind of laughed at her comebacks, the conversation with her ex long forgotten. Right now the only bitchboy she was focused on severing contact with was the jackass in front of her, everything about his prettyboy face beginning to irritate her. Who did this little fuck boy think he was? Did he know who the fuck he was talking to?...Of course he didn't. That was the one good thing about her father. Bullies and bitches were non-existent in her world, really. No one was willing to touch her because she was "Leonidas's Golden". Fake shit. Hilton didn't give a real shit about her, it was just disrespectful to put her hands on his things. That's what she was to him, property. Those that understood that had tried her hand and taken their ass whooping. This kid wasn't far from one, his attitude bringing him closer and closer to the brink of destruction. Was he fucking high or some shit? All of this over a seat at a lunch table?

Apparently, he'd drawn the same conclusion finally, his common sense returning to him as he admitted that she was right. Well. She couldn't very well argue with that shit...and she certainly wouldn't apologize for what she'd said. He was a dick, she was a dick and a half. Tit for tat out here but, people had to learn, Devyn would always do it bigger. She pretended not to hear him as he spoke, standing as he dismissed himself and announced that he was leaving. Awesome. That wasn't too hard was it? He was the one unhappy here, not her. She wasn't moving to make this fuck comfortable so, fuck it.

She picked up her phone again as he passed behind her, words still coming out of his mouth. Before she could process what was happening, her tray was in her lap and her face had contorted into a furious confusion. Hell, the salad was plain so there was pretty much lettuce on that prep school ass skirt she was going to have altered in the coming weekend. The mess wasn't the issue, that's what janitorial staff was for. This dumb motherfucker had no idea what he had just done. He hadn't taken a step before she pushed away from the table, the chair they'd been fighting over clamoring against the cold marble of the floor as it fell over. Motherfucker...She didn't speak as her hand reached out for the collar of his blazer, something he obviously hadn't been expecting as he was easily thrown off balance. She turned him to face her before speaking.

"You must not fucking know who you're fucking with-," she didn't allow him words as her fist punched him dead in the center of his chest. She hoped with enough force to suck all the air out of his body and kill him instantly...of course it wasn't that hard of a hit but it was enough to prove her fucking point. A chorus of gasps and "Ohh"s were heard throughout the cafeteria and Devyn realized exactly how many people might have seen that...She didn't give a fuck. This fuckbag deserved what he got and if he wanted to throw hands about it she would give him his whole fucking ass. She waited as he coughed, trying to catch a second wind before he probably went ape shit. She was ready.

I'm taking my time.
I'm doing it right.
Koi

[*] posted on 12-11-2011 at 10:39 PM

Yeah. Fuck her. Fuck everything about this chatty ass bitch. Fuck her salad. Fuck her attitude. Fuck her rudeness. FUUUUCK HER... In the grand scheme of things, all of this was her fault, Koi hoped she knew that shit. If it wasn't for that mouth on her, her salad would've been in her damn mouth, not in her lap. But that was the price that she paid for all of that unnecessary attitude. Couldn't she have just backed the fuck down like the insignificant she was? Apparently not. Like some "fish" inmate in a prison, it was almost like she had something to prove, some cred to achieve. Koi didn't give a fuck about cred almost as much as he didn't give a fuck about what any of the kids in that overstuffed, pompous ass private school thought about him. The only thing he needed from them was enough space to stay the fuck out of his way. Or whatever they could scrounge up from mommy's medicine cabinet...either one would do. But someone trying to prove themselves? They could keep that shit. Cred, at KPA, was nothing but an attempt to impress the higher ups so that you could weasel your way in. Yeah, "in". Even the rich and famous had inner circles. And in those circles, money meant about as much as a third tit. It was nice to have, but it didn't mean much.

A quick smirk hit his lips as he looked over his shoulder at her, hearing her chair squeak against the hardwood floor and then hit the ground. Really? She was on her feet, wasn't she. Yeah, Koi could feel her closing in the very tiny space between them as he'd been in no hurry to get away from her after making sure that her lunch ended up all over her. Damn. He should've thrown her drink in her face too...just for good meas-

Before he could register it, he felt his body whip around, his eyes falling on the girl before he looked down at her hand that had grabbed him collar of his school blazer. Without thinking, he grabbed the wrist of the hand the held him and fought to keep himself on his feet. The fuck was she doing? With an amused smile, he looked down at the girl, giving her the benefit of the doubt that she'd wise up and let him go before things got ugly. Now Koi tried not to rough house women. He tried to keep hands off of females...mostly because he'd seen enough of that shit in his own house to last a lifetime. But when bitches got grabby, he didn't hesitate to put them back in their place. The fuck did THIS BITCH think she was, anyway? He couldn't wait to find out because it looked like she was about to show him. Chuckling as she spoke, Koi rolled his eyes at her, his grip on her wrist growing firmer.

"Well why don't you sh-" FUCK. Before he could even get out a reply to her quiet threat, her tiny fist met the middle of his chest with more force than he thought she was capable of. In less than seconds, the air was gone from his lungs, his mouth gasping in deeply before he doubled over, a hard cough filling his lungs with the air that this dumb bitch deprived him of. All around him, he could feel the eyes of other students falling on the scene playing out. He could hear their gasps of surprise as he bent over, grasping his chest, coughing so violently that he was sure he was going to fucking puke...or black out. Instead, his cough began to subside...and turn into a laugh. This silly, motherfucking bitch. That was a dirty hit and if she wanted to play like that, Koi was more than ready to follow through with the shit...

"For real?" Laughter and coughing still mingled as he loosened his tie and began taking off his blazer. Nodding as threw it to the side, it took him less than a second to make his way towards the girl, grab her by her neck and slam her against the hard, wooden table where they'd sat.

but hold your balance...

Devyn

[*] posted on 14-11-2011 at 05:25 PM

Yes. She open-chested the fucktard who thought it was okay to tip her plate over into her lap. He was lucky that was all she had done! What kind of fucking man was he to disrespect her the way he had...That's right. Motherfucker wasn't a man; he was a little ass boy and she was about to beat his ass like one. Fucker. Who the hell did he think he was? And after he'd done it he just walked away like...like...like he knew she wasn't going to do shit about it. Aha ha hell. She didn't know what the other girls were like around here, from what she'd seen though, they were pretty catty but, she knew she wasn't about to let this asshole punk her like he was trying to. Devyn was a lot of things but, no one ever put her and "punk" in the same sentence. He was going to take this L and if he knew what was good for him, he would lie down after it was over.

He was in the middle of saying something smart when she drove her fist into his chest. She smirked a little, watching him cough and gasp for air like a fish out of water. Pussy. She hoped the little shit passed out so she could walk off without having to hand him the rest of his already shattered pride and dignity. Ha. FUCK HIM. The kid thought he was hot shit until he got the air knock out of him by a female. Shouldn't have been such a dick. She hoped he knew this shit was all his fault. If she'd have just been able to finish her lunch like everyone in this cafeteria was trying to do, she would have spared him and gone about her business, their paths never having to meet and their mouths never having to fucking open. Silence. That was all she'd asked for...was he laughing?

Devyn found her footing as he pulled off his blazer and loosened the tie around his neck. For real? Did she hit him like she was faking? She shrugged in response, a silent invitation to come at her if he so chose, another choice he'd regret...Or so she thought. Before she could blink though, his hand were at his throat, a sharp hot pain radiating over her back as he slammed her into the table they had been sitting at. She heard herself scream, her hands coming to his wrists on instinct but, he wasn't letting up. She dug her nails into his arms as she pulled at him but, it wasn't enough, seemed somebody was pissed off and he wasn't letting go until she said uncle. Tough titty.

Taking her leg as far back as it would go from her odd angle, she kicked up, her leg finding his crotch. He let go then, falling away from her once more and giving her a chance to get her breath back...for a second. Now she was fucking livid. He fucking tried to choke her the fuck out?! Seriously?! She made to lunge at him once again but was, caught by the waist an older male voice, probably that of a teacher, meeting her ears as he held at her waist, "Is this how young ladies behave?!" She struggled against him, still trying to get at the only boy she'd ever wanted to seriously destroy.

"I don't fucking know! Ask the BITCH that just put his fucking hands on me!"

I'm taking my time.
I'm doing it right.
Koi

[*] posted on 14-11-2011 at 07:25 PM

The truth was none of the shit that was happening at that moment would have been if his ass hadn't been on the back end of one of the world's greatest highs. Not the best, but definitely one of them. "The best" had for certain been the three day weekend bender with his boys a couple of months back. They smoked a little herb, dropped some shit...found a couple of girlies and made the most out of their superb high, ripped as fuck. Good times. But after every binge, there was the bitch of the crash that followed it, making colors too fucking bright. Sounds to loud. Bodies too close. Shit that didn't exist...was definitely there. The hallucinations. The temper. The anger. The reality. Everything came back. It was physics. What goes up, must come down. Newton was right, on so many motherfucking levels. And Koi was down. Way down. So down that he hadn't hesitated a second with this silly fucking newb. Her fresh meat ass. There was no hesitation in her actions, so why the hell should there have been any degree of hesitation in his own? Point made, right? If she could mouth off, he could show her what mouthing off got her. A salad in her fucking lap. And now that she'd shown him that she didn't mind getting her hands busy, he didn't mind showing her that he didn't mind either.

Uttering less than three words was the only thing that provided a warning to that dumb ass girl before he reacted, his body moving forward, hand grabbing her around the neck as he pushed her onto the table. The entire wooden table moved back, groaning against the overly waxed floor from the force of her body colliding with it, his on top of it pinning her to the side. Her scream met his ears, her hands coming to his, clawing at him. Shit, he could barely feel it there was so much anger pulsing through him, his mind still clouded from the drugs that were still on their way out of his body, even though they'd entered the night before. And even if he wasn't semi-fogged over by that "good shit", his hand would've still been wrapped around her neck. His teeth would've grit together, his eyes still glaring down at her. He would've still been pressed against her, digging her body into the table. Because it was innate. It was in him. The disrespect he felt, the complete fury that he responded with? He didn't give a fuck...and he wanted to show her just how much he didn't fucking care. Without even thinking about his emotions, about his actions, he knew what he looked like. Crazed. Fucking out of his mind. He knew because he'd seen that look. He'd seen that emptiness before. He'd watched a complete maniac hover over a woman without a moment of hesitance. No life in his eyes. Only hate. Yeah, he knew it well. And as much as he hated seeing the reflection of that shit in himself, he couldn't help but mirror his environment. The reflection of his surroundings.

Against her thrashing against him, trying to free herself...against the feeling of her nails in his skin, piercing his flesh, scratching him, Koi held her tighter, pushing her further into the table. Biting his lip, he smirked sourly at her...before her knee drew back and made contact...with his fucking package. The smile slid off his face slowly, almost like the fucking drugs that lingered in his system delayed him realizing that he'd just gotten kneed in the goddamn dick. Staggering away from her, his hand grabbed at the throb between his legs. Yeah, he had to hand it to her. She'd honed in on the only thing that was going to make him let her go. His fuckin' balls. Well mother fucking played. Falling against the side of the nearest table, he sunk to the floor, still clutching his dick as his legs curled up to his chest. Dizzy and nauseous, he could barely stay sitting up. And he couldn't fucking breathe. This bitch had a habit for taking his breath away, didn't she?

Bracing himself for another impact as that dirty fuck had gotten him on the floor and defenseless, he struggled to see where she stood, his eyes squinting from the intense pain. But nothing came...probably because she was being held back by...fucking great...one of the school's administrators. Things just KEPT getting better.

"Fuuuuck yoooou..." Was all he could muster as he coughed and felt himself being hoisted to his feet.

but hold your balance...

Devyn

[*] posted on 15-11-2011 at 02:03 PM

Great. Completely perfect. First, she gets fucking attacked by some dickbag that thinks he can disrespect whomever he pleases and now, she was going to get in trouble for defending herself?! She didn't know who was holding on to her but, she knew what it meant. It meant the fight was over, it meant someone upstairs was looking out for this kid, and it meant that the two of them were about to learn the consequences of their actions. Ugh! How was she already in this position? She had only been here a week and she was fighting? Her aunt was going to shit bricks when they called her...but it was fucking worth it, the smile returning to her lips as she watched him curl into fetal position, hands still holding the nuts she'd just cracked. She stopped struggling as the boy was pulled to his feet.

"No bitch, fuck you. You put your hands on me again and I'll end you. That's a motherfucking promise-," she spoke plainly, not caring that her threat probably wouldn't help her case in whoever's office they ended up in. The arm around her waist became hands on her shoulders turning her to face the administrator that was holding her. Great. Dr. Johnson or Deputy Headmaster Johnson. He made sure to specify the first time they'd met. He'd been the one to show her and her aunt the grounds when Devyn enrolled. It had ended in the exchanging of phone numbers...fuck it all; this was definitely making it back to her aunt. Shit.

"That is quite enough Ms. Deveraux. The behavior you've exhibited is very unbecoming and you should be ashamed of yourself-," He stopped, looking to the boy before continuing the monologue that no one cared about. "And you Mr. Kidd. I believe we've spoken to you about your misconduct on more than one occasion. Today is your best work however-," Ughhhh. She wished he'd just shut the fuck up and tell them what was about to happen. She was so fucking over being gawked at, the kids in the cafeteria having formed a circle around what was a fight to see the ruckus. Could he wrap this the fuck up please so she could get her shit and go? Leaving this fucktard school for a few days seemed like a reward more than a punishment. "...the two of you will follow me to the headmistress' office and she will decide what to do with you."

Great. Completely perfect.

I'm taking my time.
I'm doing it right.
Devyn

[*] posted on 18-7-2013 at 07:19 PM

Devyn laughed, absent-mindedly as Derrick told the table about his last "date" with Trisha Kemp. Derrick's dates usually had less to do with things that actually happened and more to do with the things he wished had happened, so everyone there knew to take his stories with a grain of salt...Devyn discarded them altogether because to be honest, she didn't really care. She was only sitting here for Koi. Dhonny was practicing his senior thing with that girl he hated and Miyu was mixing one of her new pieces, leaving Koi and Devyn to...listen to Derrick go on about the last girl he may or may not have fucked in a bathroom at The Rex. How fun.

Dev leaned into Koi, her hand slipping beneath the table and giving his knee a little bit of a squeeze. She was over entertaining Derrick and hopefully he was too. She interrupted, "Derrick, sugar, that sounds like a lot of fun, but Koi and I have to go get some Chem extra credit before class starts." She was lying. They needed no such thing. She just wanted to get the hell away from the kid that had been staring at her breasts for most of his little date story. "Come on, kid."

She smiled at Derrick before standing and hoped Koi was down to make this move too. Lunch had been the L today.

I'm taking my time.
I'm doing it right.
Koi

[*] posted on 18-7-2013 at 07:58 PM

"And you know she's a badd bitch, yo. I mean tha baddest!" Twenty-five. That was the twenty-fifth time that Derrick had mentioned just how bad Trisha Kemp had been the night that they'd gone out...and he'd supposedly "love in the club"-ed her. Koi already knew how "badd" she was. Mostly because he'd already had her...in tenth grade...and Derrick wasn't ignorant of the fact either. Matter of fact, this was the regular. Derrick did Koi's leftovers more than Koi would've liked to admit. It wasn't betrayal, not the way Koi saw it. He'd never had heart for Trisha Kemp, or any of the other girls he'd given time, in the first place. Not enough to get tight when Derrick discussed her. So there were no hard feelings as Koi barely listened, swirling the under cooked Fettucini from the pasta bar on his plate (the cafeteria staff needed to do better). No...he just didn't care. He barely cared about Derrick's stories anyway as most of the time, they were just repeats of shit that Koi'd already done. But that was Derrick. Center of attention, no matter what it took. Koi'd always understood it and tried to not let it annoy him...most of the time. Today was the exception. Dhonny was off practicing some routine that half his grade depended on and Miyu was off...being a classical genius or some shit so like true artist, they had no time for lunch. That being said, he and Devyn got stuck with Derrick detail.

"...before I knew it she had it in her mouth! Like, right in the middle of the VIP!" Koi chuckled as the idea of Trisha Kemp sucking dick in public wasn't highly unbelievable. Had she sucked Derrick's? That, Koi neither wanted to validate nor care about. In the middle of an eye roll, he felt something squeeze his knee, his head immediately turning in Devyn's direction. Yeah, she was as tired of hearing Derrick's mouth as Koi was and that squeeze meant one thing. Time to get the hell out of here... As soon as Devyn' spoke, providing an excuse and an exit, Koi picked up his tray without hesitation, flicked Derrick a quick deuce and walked away before Derrick could invite himself to their "fake extra credit opportunity".

"Finally..." Koi said, dumping his tray in the trash and placing the empty tray on the trash can. "Because that shit was cruel and unusual torture." Laughing, he and Devyn walked into the hallway, leaving the noisy lunch room behind. Koi and Dev. It'd been this way for a couple of weeks now. Them even more attached at the hip than they had been before...that night. Valentine's Night. Even though they hadn't talked about what had happened again, something had changed for them. Maybe it was finally talking about his dysfunctional family to someone. She knew something about him that only Dhonny had known and the truth was that no one had gotten that close. NO ONE...except her. And that fact alone made Koi kind of...clingy, he guessed. And that wasn't a word "the Kidd" used. Ever.

"But I know why we really left, tho." He said, nudging her as they walked, his smirk growing into a grin. "You want me to yourself, huh babe?"

but hold your balance...

Devyn

[*] posted on 18-7-2013 at 08:38 PM

Finally...Koi fucking said it. The two of them were away from that table so fast she was sure Derrick was still wearing the stuck face at her sudden interruption and excuse to leave. Dev picked up her tray and followed behind Koi, dumping the lemon-pepper chicken she'd barely touched into the trash. Just the two of them. It was how she preferred things really. And since Valentine's Day, it was mostly how things had been. They never talked about it directly, but the stuff that had happened that night brought them closer than before. She'd spent almost everyday of the past couple weeks either out with him doing silly shit or at his place just shooting the shit. Most of the time they were at his house, much to her pleasure, Eri was around so she was getting to spend time with her two favorite Kidds. Things were good. She was happy. The kid seemed happy. Everything was right with the world.

Dev laughed with him as he made a joke about Derrick's cruel and unusual punishment of a story, crossing the threshold into the hallway and blending into the little bit of traffic that wasn't in the cafeteria. "God, I just couldn't deal with him anymore. If he told me how fucking "badd" Trisha was one more time I was going to scream-," she laughed a little at the notion that Trisha Kemp's new tits made her any badder than a blow up doll. She wasn't hating. Who Derrick decided to stick his dick in was his own business, she just couldn't agree she was "the baddest" as he'd called her.

You want me to yourself, huh babe. Well, wasn't he adorable? She giggled a little, nudging him back as she responded, "Damn right I did," she stepped in front of him, her fingers taking his tie as she playfully pulled his body to hers. "All that talk of bathroom fun was starting to give me ideas." She winked and allowed herself to laugh as she fell back into step next to him. As per usual, she could feel the prying fucking eyes of KPA on them again. The shit was normal now, the two of them flirting or fighting, or flirting then fighting. A lot of the time, Dev was sure most of them were just counting down the days until the two of them had another real falling out...A day that wasn't coming.

I'm taking my time.
I'm doing it right.
Koi

[*] posted on 19-7-2013 at 07:54 PM

If there was anyone in the hallway throwing them "looks", Koi didn't notice. Even if he HAD noticed, he wouldn't have cared as what anyone thought or assumed about he and Devyn didn't account to shit. They were doing them...and "doing them" didn't extend to people who's opinions didn't fucking matter. They were good. And even though the night they'd spent together weeks ago drudged up some shit neither of them seemed to be ready for, they'd survived it. They were stronger for it. And he had to admit that what they had finally made sense that night. Titles weren't there to fuck it up because there were none. None of them fit anymore. They were just...them. Devyn and Koi. Nothing more, nothing less. She'd been there for him when he'd needed her the most...even in some ways that Koi wanted to push as far in the back of his mind as he could. The important thing was that she was there. Without any conditions. He appreciated that...and for once, he didn't feel as alone as he knew he was. He felt like the shit in his life lightened up enough to give him that one good thing that he didn't deserve. No words could describe what it was...but someone looking out for him...out there in the universe decided that whatever Devyn was, it was what he needed.

Her giggle made his smile widen as they walked together down the crowded hallway, passing faces that didn't matter enough to put names to them. They mattered...in their own world. Nudging him back, she left his side and walked in front of him, her hand taking his tie as she teased him back, pulling him close. He bit his lip at her flirt, laughing as his hands fell to her waist.

"Oh shit!" He muttered, his smile still wide as she fell back in step beside him, his arm still wrapped around her waist, keeping her close to his side. "Dirty ass club bathroom sex? Don't start mentioning stuff you ain't ready to try!" He joked back, laughing at his own playful words. Lately, any talk of sex was just that. Playful...as nothing had gone down since their last night together. And that was...fine...surprisingly, which was the complete opposite of what things were when they'd gotten together. Maybe because things weren't just about sex now. Or maybe because of...the last time. Koi couldn't lie, last time they'd been together had him shook, even after she'd forgiven him for it. And being with her like that just wasn't that...important any- YEAH, he was lying. Fucking Devyn was his religion and he was a fanatical zealot. Sex with his babe would always be important. But the "break" they were on was more about her. She was cool with just chillin', smokin', shootin' the proverbial shit and falling asleep, wrapped up in each other. It was what she wanted. And after what she'd done for him, what she wanted was definitely more important than getting his dick wet. He owed that to her.

"Whatever. The only thing his story made me want is a fucking smoke..." Koi joked, the conversation about Derrick coming to an end before he fully figured out how he was going to start the new conversation that he knew they needed to have. One that he didn't even know how to start off as he'd been avoiding even HAVING it for a couple of days now. But time was running out and procrastination wasn't going to work forever.

"Yeah...so...my mom asked about you yesterday. Being nosy as hell, as usual." Okay. That was a pretty good start.

but hold your balance...

Devyn

[*] posted on 20-7-2013 at 05:29 PM

This had been the two of them lately. Super chummy, dare she say it, even affectionate. It wasn't that they weren't friendly before, it was just...before they were more friends that just so happened to fuck one another some days. In the couple weeks since Valentine's Day though, Koi had been way different. Texts just to see what she was up to, doting on her whenever she was at his house, public displays of affection. It was really...different. So different, that it kind of worried her. Not that she wasn't thrilled that he was being a little extra with her, but it felt...serious. Hell, the two of them had basically been playing house after school and it felt way too real. She knew he didn't do real and she knew Koi Kidd did not do serious. She just hoped he knew it didn't have to be this way. She felt like he was still trying to make up for Valentine's Day, something he didn't have to do. She was fine now. Things were better than normal and she was happy. Koi made her happy. Still. He was everything she needed and one night wasn't going to change that. It was a fact that had only been proven in their time since that night.

Dev laughed with him as he flirted back and they continued down the hall with no real destination in mind. They had time enough to smoke one behind Devenport before class and as if he could hear her thoughts, he commented, hopefully for the last time, on Derrick and his over the top account of his night out. She could tell he was joking, but she was dead ass about this smoke. She had Calc next and damn it if math wasn't something she would prefer to endure high. She was about to mention that they had more than enough time and plenty of bud to make his suggestion a reality but he spoke first.

His mom. Oh God. She tried to keep her cool about it, but she knew she let her expression slip into the nervous tension that it usually did when she thought about the very short meeting she and his mom had had. Fuck. It made her cringe...but she was cool...kinda. "Oh...um, really? What'd she uh, what was she talking about?" Smooth. She was a fucking master at keeping her fucking cool...Ha.

I'm taking my time.
I'm doing it right.
Koi

[*] posted on 20-7-2013 at 08:05 PM

Yep.His Moms. Koi couldn't help but shoot a glance over Devyn's way when he mentioned that his mother had spoken Devyn's name...which probably would've been a perfectly normal thing had they not had the shitbomb of a "first meeting" that they did. And instantly, Koi kind of regret it. He could see the nerves set in...even if she tried to hide them. That had to be normal though, right? Any girl, awkward run in or no awkward run in, would have the same reaction when a dude's mother (especially one she was sleeping with) brought up her name. Especially if the last contact the girl had had with Moms had been her, nearly butt-ass naked in her kitchen...which was Devyn's case. But it wasn't anything like that. It had actually surprised the hell out of Koi when his mother brought up Devyn's name, asking about how she was...wondering when would their official "meet and greet" be. The way their first meet and greet went? Yeah, Koi was skeptical. But if there was one thing he could say about his mother, she seemed to be pretty cool about the female company he kept...especially when she mistook them for one of his father's mistresses. And the fact that she'd never really met one probably had her curious...and nosy, lest Koi add again. But it was nothing to worry about, not as far as his Moms was concerned. Devyn had seen the worst side of her.

"See for yourself..." He answered, reaching into the inside pocket of his uniform blazer, pulling out a small, white enveloped and wrapping his arm around Devyn's shoulders, the envelope hanging from his hand, within her reach. Koi didn't have to ask his mother what she was handing him when she'd given him the envelope. It was that time of year again, wasn't it? Suits and ties, overpriced dinners, elbow rubbing, massively charitable donations... The Annual Kidd's Kids Foundation Gala, to be exact. And every year, Koi and Eri were forced...er...persuaded to go. It was the ONE time of the year that the Kidd Family (ha) put on their best impressions of what a "normal" family looked like and played the role to the best of their abilities. Oh, and it was also the night his mother racked up the big bucks by selling seats to people with nothing better to do with their money. Celebrities, athletes, personalities...all in one room. It was...the most boring thing ever. Yeah, it was cool seeing Lebron and Kobe in one room, but other than that, his mother could miss him with that bullshit...and the fucked up suits she usually "persuaded" him to wear.

But not this year... as his mother had found an awesome selling point. First of all, a better suit. Second of all...Devyn. It hadn't been his idea to invite her, that was all Fumie. And knowing his mother, there was probably something behind inviting the one girl she THOUGHT she had a beat on. One, she could make up for embarrassing the shit out of everyone on V'day night. Two, she could figure out just WHO Devyn was even though her son had told her Devyn was a "friend" a million times. Yeah, she saw through the bullshit. And she was smart to. Because "just a friend" didn't even describe Devyn anymore...

"That...is an invitation to the most boring night...ever." Koi joked, watching Devyn open the envelope with her name on the front in fancy ass calligraphy. "You're completely welcome to say 'no' considering you'll probably be trying to stab yourself with a salad fork by the end of the night. But...Moms thought it'd be...nice to invite you...so did Eri..."

So did he...

but hold your balance...

Devyn

[*] posted on 20-7-2013 at 08:50 PM

She didn’t like the turn the conversation had taken. His mother was never a conversation she wanted to have. EVER. Devyn was so sure Fumie hated her and she couldn’t imagine any scenario when Fumie Kidd bringing her up in conversation was a good thing. So, yeah. She got a little nervous. The last time she talked to the woman she almost ended up getting choked out in the middle of Koi’s kitchen, so she could only imagine how her asking Koi about her went. You still talking to the slut that I found in my kitchen? Granted, everything Fumie thought about her in that moment had been explained away, but first impressions were lasting. She’d found Devyn naked in the kitchen and assumed she was sleeping with Koi’s father instead of Koi. Then she proceeded to tell Devyn her deepest and most painful secrets. Shit like that stuck. Devyn knew his mom hated her and she knew she probably didn’t want to know where this conversation was going.

See for yourself...Koi reached into his inside pocket, producing a small white envelope before wrapping his arm around her shoulder. She took the envelope from his fingers and stared at it. What the fuck was this? Her name was on the front in gold calligraphy and the paper was heavier...expensive. She couldn’t see his mom writing to tell her how ain’t shit she was so...Hmmm. “What’s this?” Her thoughts slipped into the air and she turned the envelope over and opened it. Koi explained as she read. The 14th Annual Kidd’s Kids Foundation Gala. A party? According to Koi, not so much a party as a nap waiting to happen. But his mom thought it would be nice to invite her...Was that so? Devyn pushed the invited back into the envelope as Koi mentioned Eri and Devyn tried to think of a nice way to say no fucking way in hell. She couldn’t go to this thing. She couldn’t face his mom again! She just...couldn’t.

“Soooo...she wants me to go to this thing...and Eri wants me to go...Do you want me to go?” She smiled a little as her feet stopped walking and she leaned against a nearby row of lockers. She could make it so she didn’t have to say no at all...She was wrong as shit for it, but she’d start this fight and they’d never talk about her getting within 50 feet of his mother ever again.

I'm taking my time.
I'm doing it right.
Koi

[*] posted on 21-7-2013 at 05:06 PM

And there was the question of the hour. Do YOU want me to go? That was a question that could've gone without an answer because it was too damn obvious what Koi's reply would be. Of course he wanted her to go! If he didn't, he would've conveniently "lost" the hell out of her invitation, right? Easy. He actually couldn't think of a better idea! Thirteen years of this event and Koi was still uninterested. To be fair, it really wasn't that bad. The food was pretty good, the celebrity turn-out was even better and it was kind of nice seeing his mom get her hustle on when it came to what she did for Kidd's Kids. The only part Koi hated? Playing the "happy family" game. "Gala Night" was the one night when they had to put on for the cameras and pretend like the gossip mags and sites didn't already "know" (more like correctly speculate) what a hot ass mess the Kidds were. Koi and his family got dressed up, pasted on smiles the entire night and put on shows worthy of a fucking Emmy. Or an Oscar. Hell, maybe even both. Eri and Koi were the smiling angels that the family's publicist had lied to make them. His father was...less of an ass and the face of the foundation. And his mother was the loving wife and doting mother. Everything manipulated into something that didn't even resemble his family. And he hated it. Koi hated the lying. And that was why Devyn's company would make it better. Because he wouldn't have to sit underneath that umbrella of a lie and bullshit through his fucking teeth if she was there, keeping him company. Keeping his head above water...keeping him sane.

"Seriously? You're asking me that?" Koi asked through a chuckle full of the disbelief that he felt. His pace slowed as Devyn stopped in the hallway, her back finding a set of lockers. He walked to her, his arm wrapping around her waist as she looked up at him, her face awaiting his reply. With a smirk, he leaned down to her ear, his lips grazing her skin as he spoke.

"You already know the answer." He whispered to her, pecking her ear quickly before he drew away from her, the arm that was around her waist pulling her away from the locker set as he held her close to his side while they walked. They caught the eye of a few kids in the hallway and he could almost HEAR the gears start to turn in their heads. Just like before, Koi didn't care what they thought. They could've looked and assumed all day long. But at the end of the day, they would still be wrong. What Koi and Devyn were was between them. Point blank.

"What do you think, though?" He baited for her response after a couple of steps down the busy hall, their pace a lot slower than the students around them. "You interested?"

but hold your balance...

Devyn

[*] posted on 21-7-2013 at 07:32 PM

She needed to think of something fast. Saying no wasn’t really an option because she knew before she even asked that Koi wanted her to go. And usually when Koi wanted something from her all he had to do was ask. Usually. This time was different as Devyn had no desire to ever again see his mother face to face. Now, he was telling her that it was Fumie’s idea to invite her to this thing? Nah. It didn’t sit right with her and she didn’t want to go. She just...she knew she wouldn’t be any fun at it. According to Koi there was no fun to be had anyway, but Dev just knew she would spend the night making sure not a hair was out of place and she was on her best behavior. She knew for a fact Koi didn’t like her on her best behavior...well, lately he did, but that was beside the point!

Devyn honestly didn’t know why it bothered her so much. It really shouldn’t have been a big deal, her talking to his mom. It wasn’t like she had to make any kind of an impression. She was his bestie, not his girlfriend. It wasn’t like Fumie could dictate who the kid hung with anyway. Koi Kidd was going to do who Koi Kidd wanted to do. So why was she stressing?Why was she asking obvious questions just to avoid telling him the truth...why was he replying like this? Devyn’s breath caught at Koi’s closeness, her eyes lulling near closed as he leaned in to whisper into her ear. She knew the answer? Yeah. She did. But that didn’t mean she didn’t want to hear him say it. She knew he wouldn’t thought. Not outright.If he’d have said yes, it would have sounded too much...like a date. There was her answer. Staring her in the face the whole time and she’d chosen to ignore it. Hell, she almost forgot it with this nigga kissing at her earlobes and shit.

He pulled her from the wall and they continued down the hall, their pace seeming to move much slower than the kids around them. He wanted her answer...An answer she wasn’t going to have to give once she made it a non-fucking factor. Koi Kidd asking her on a legit date was never going to happen. Asking her out to party? Yes. Paying for her to eat? Yes. But he would never refer to them as dates. Not before this time. Not before she made him.

“So...-,” she began, ignoring his questions completely, “Would this be like a...date?”

I'm taking my time.
I'm doing it right.
Koi

[*] posted on 22-7-2013 at 07:43 AM

Devyn said what now? It was Koi's turn for the breath to catch in his throat, nearly choking him as he laughed off the question to avoid asphyxiating on his own surprise. There were a couple of words that began with the letter D that Koi didn't mind leaving Devyn's mouth...or going into it. But that one? Dating? That "D" word made Koi's throat lock up. Dating wasn't a bad word, it just wasn't a word that Koi used in daily conversation...meaning "ever". He'd been on dates before. Mostly doubling on "ugly friend" detail, which was sympathy shit for dudes he was cool with. But nothing more than that. Not dating just went along with the "no relationship" motto he carried for his life. Nothing was wrong with going out and having a little fun with a girl, but attaching the word "date" or "dating" to it? Girls got crazy. Possessive, he guessed. So...he just...didn't. But with Devyn? He didn't know. She'd lost it when they first started chillin', trying to find out titles and feelings. But now, things were different. They were cooler. Laid back...which made him wonder why the "date" word now? Did she WANT it to be a date? Or was she concerned that it may have looked like a date and...Koi just really didn't know how to take her question.

"Wha-why would you ask that?" He questioned, his face turning to hers, attempting to read her expression. Koi could understand the question, he guessed. They'd never HAD a date before. Especially nothing with the entire family. It was new ground. He didn't mind he question. It just had him kind of...jumbled, he guessed. On one hand, he didn't care what they called it. They would be together, having fun, looking like money and shit. What more could he have asked for. On the other hand, this was...kinda big. Devyn was the first girl he'd even thought about doing anything with besides getting in between it and getting her out of his damn bed the next morning. She'd met family members. On a list of "things to do", Devyn would be top three. She was "babe". She was...different. And Koi was still figuring out what this different meant.

"I mean...wow." He said, his laugh a quiet scoff. "Is that something you want? Because, you know, I just thought...I mean, if you want a date...do you want to date?"

but hold your balance...

Devyn

[*] posted on 22-7-2013 at 08:39 AM

Yeah. She said it. A date. Koi didn’t do “dates”. It kind of came with the no relationship territory and Devyn knew that. When she said it, she hadn’t really meant it, but she knew what kind of reaction it would get out of the kid. Fuck no it’s not a date. That was the exact response she was expecting. Not because he was an insensitive asshole, but because he was going to be so thrown off he wasn’t going to censor himself. She had prepared herself to not take it to heart, argue about it like she had, and storm off with the answer to his invitation being obvious. Then in a couple days they would act like it never happened. It was how all their fights ended. She’d laid the groundwork and now she was watching as his ears reddened and he stumbled over his words.

It was taking everything she had in her not to burst into laughter. Koi’s face had twisted into this...panic that she had never seen on him before. It only lasted a split second his expression slipping back to confusion more than anything else, but she’d seen it. He panicked. He also deviated from script. Questions weren’t what he was supposed to ask. He wasn’t supposed to think about what he was say, it was supposed to be knee-jerk...but she’d answer, “I just...I’m just curious. I mean it feels...real...date-like.” she allowed herself to smile a little, really trying to sell this “call it a date” bullshit she was pulling. He wouldn’t do it. She knew he wouldn’t. But she didn’t know he was going to take the time to dance around her feelings about it. She stopped their already slowed pace and pulled away from his hold on her waist. He was thinking about this.

Koi Kidd was going through some deep introspection as to whether or not he was willing to call this a date and make her happy...that might have been sweet if he didn’t seem to be having a mild heart attack at the thought. Was the thought of a legit date with her really that fucking bad? When she’d asked him, she was expecting a raw and honest answer...she didn’t know it would be this revealing though. Devyn scoffed a little as he finished, her face finally looking away from his as her eyes found the floor. How the fuck had he switched this on her? She was supposed to be making him mad, not the other way around! Not that she was mad, because she’d never meant for it to be a serious discussion anyway it was just...ugh!

“Wow...kid relax,” she looked back up at him her arms crossing in front of her as she continued, “I wasn’t really serious, but it’s good to know the thought of dating me is that fucking off putting,” she leaned in, her voice becoming a peeved whisper, “Crazy how the thought of fucking me doesn’t get this response...” She rolled her eyes before continuing their stroll down the hallway without him at her side. How the hell had she let her emotions get into a game she had started?!

I'm taking my time.
I'm doing it right.
Koi

[*] posted on 22-7-2013 at 01:54 PM

Oh shit. The only honest thought crossing Koi's mind were those two words as Devyn explained herself and her curiosity about what the Gala would be in terms of "them". Koi already had an idea of what his response was going to do to their "peaceful stroll" down the hallway. And knew his assumption was correct as he felt Devyn pull away from him, her slow walk stopping as she stood in front of him, wearing a face that he knew all too well. Irritated and on the brink of pissed. She was right, though. Everything about the night of the Gala felt "date-like". From him rejecting the idea of car service picking her up so that he could do it himself, meeting her aunt (and evil eyeing the hell out of her college-douche cousin), to being photo'd on the red carpet with her on his arm...all of that seemed crazily "dateish". So, no, she wasn't wrong...he was. He thought that had already been established the night that she'd come over to his house and they'd... He was fucked up. His life was fucked up. So the normal shit, like dating a girl and her meeting his mother at family dinner? That wasn't his life. Fucking a girl and having his mother think that she was his father's slut? That was more like it... Ordinary didn't comprehend to someone like Koi because he'd never HAD it.

For that reason, he didn't have much to say. No answer to give. But he wished he did. Just like he wished he could've avoided the entire conversation in the first place. How? He didn't know. Probably because he didn't think that asking her to come to something as simple as a gala would've erupted into this in the first place! He didn't know his elbows from his ass when it came to dealing with what they were. Sometimes it was easy. Things just coasted. But times like this, when the slightest thing put a division between them? He just...he didn't know. But this is what titles did. Brought only confusion just like it was doing now.

When he finally did try to speak again, he was quieted by Devyn's irritation, her arms crossing her chest as she told him to relax. Dating her was offputting? The fuck did she get that from.

"The fuck? I didn't-" He tried to speak again, but Devyn interrupted, leaning in as she spit more fury his way. Fuck! And before he could object to her statement, she rolled her eyes and stalked off. What? Where the fuck did all of THAT come from? Fucking her didn't get a negative response because FUCKING was something HE KNEW! He didn't have to WONDER about putting his dick in it because...shit, because every damn thing about her turned him on! Even HER ANGER as watching her walk away from him wasn't really a bad thing at ALL. BUT DATING? He didn't KNOW SHIT about that! He didn't know shit about what they were doing either. All he could do was piece things together as they went along and it seemed like more often than NOT, he was making mistakes instead of successes!

"Really?" He fussed, watching her walk away from him for a second before his legs moved quickly, matching her pace. He put his hand around her arm, slowing her down.

"Nothing will EVER be off putting to me about you...nothing." He hissed, pulling her to the side again where they were out of the walkway and the eyesight of most of the people in the hall. "Why the hell would you even say that?"

"I'm trying, Dev. I'm really trying. You and me? This? I don't know what I'm doing! I've never had what we have before...with anyone!" He tried to keep his voice from raising as he spoke to her, trying to get her to understand where he was coming from before the next level of her anger hit.

"I'm-I just know...I just know that I don't want to go to the Gala without you." His hand left her arm, his fingers rubbing their way down her skin until he touched her wrist, pulling her back to him. "I want you there with me. Please? Don't make me beg you."

but hold your balance...

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top